We looked good

Just didn't hit shots or board

We missed a lot of open looks

My biggest complaint is lack of effort on boards

We settled for too many threes, but we shot as bad as you could

Not worried

You won't shoot 23% every game

Boards are bigger concern

You will shoot 23% every time you take the collection of horrible shots we took tonight. Just re-watched all our offensive possessions. We took NINE shots tonight where the shooter had his feet set, was balanced, and squared to the basket. NINE.

Not worried

Yikes

They averaged 71 ppg last year. Not good, but they did it efficiently. 38th in the country in FG% and 12th in turnovers.

they aren’t a bad offensive team, they just play at a slow pace.

I dont think this year’s UVA team is that good. I think they’ll have about a 24-10 type of record going into the tourney (+/- 2 wins)

You will shoot 23% every time you take the collection of horrible shots we took tonight. Just re-watched all our offensive possessions. We took NINE shots tonight where the shooter had his feet set, was balanced, and squared to the basket. NINE.

Yup.

Most of the shots were worst than turnovers.

Some very dumb basketball.

It was a tough game to play that early. One team was playing with a title and nothing to lose bringing a new team etc.

I’m worried about Colgate tbh.

Yup.

Most of the shots were worst than turnovers.

Some very dumb basketball.

It was a tough game to play that early. One team was playing with a title and nothing to lose bringing a new team etc.

I’m worried about Colgate tbh.

We’ll be fine against Colgate if you think a 74-62 type of win is fine against Colgate.

It is way too early to refer to Hop as the best coach in the country. He has won games in a totally crap conference. Good coach. Let him win a tournament game before we crown him anything

He has a tourney win. Beat Utah State last year.

Not worried

We looked good? Seriously good like in played good, rebounded good, shot good, passed good, drove the ball good.
No we looked like we were never in the game, didn't have any counter for their over playing the ball and had zero inside presence. We looked weak.

I dont think this year’s UVA team is that good. I think they’ll have about a 24-10 type of record going into the tourney (+/- 2 wins)

Agreed. We made them look better than they are on defense. It'll be like the past few seasons where we've been beaten badly by some power conference team early on, which makes us think for a minute that they're a juggernaut type only to see someone with a competent offense handle them in the next game.

Not worried

Huh.?

We scored 34. We can’t hit free throws. We got outrebounded 44-24. That ain’t good people

And no, Hopkins isn’t the best coach in the country but he is a really good coach and a killer recruiter and man did the SU administration screw things up when they wimped out and didn’t fire JB after the last round of sanctions.

Under no circumstances EVER does a team look good scoring 34 points. What the hell are we even talking about here?!?
If buddy took a half court shot every possession i have zero doubt we score more than that.

It is way too early to refer to Hop as the best coach in the country. He has won games in a totally crap conference. Good coach. Let him win a tournament game before we crown him anything

No reason to downplay his accomplishments after taking over a single digit team to defend this garbage we saw tonight. Is he the best no but the absurd comment wasn't worth the reply.

If buddy took a half court shot every possession i have zero doubt we score more than that.
Lol, half way through the first half I said if I took half court shots every possession we'd have more points

Not worried

Fewest points since 1945 ... I’ll have what you’re having

Cough Oshae Battle Hughes

What does it say about our program when our “go to guy” who has the green light to shoot at anytime is a guy from East Carolina U?

Not worried

F41B2846-1F6E-4389-ABBE-B81B3F207A5A.gif

What does it say about our program when our “go to guy” who has the green light to shoot at anytime is a guy from East Carolina U?
That's unfair... Hughes is good. I dont care if he was underrated. Some players slip through the cracks. He averaged 13.7 ppg last year. I wouldnt say hes bad

That's unfair... Hughes is good. I dont care if he was underrated. Some players slip through the cracks. He averaged 13.7 ppg last year. I wouldnt say hes bad

Would he crack the rotation un 2012? Im not sure.

He’s not bad .. but he’s woefully miscast as a go to guy with a license to shoot..and if you say “who else do we got ?”

I’ll say that is exactly my original point

Bennett is definitely up there as a young guy behind Cal, K, Roy, Self etc..

He just won a Natty. Has been dominant in the regular season for years. One game into this year, with a weak roster, dominated us at home.
You may not like Bennets style but that dude, just smoked JB as a coach, truthfully has been for a long time

I was drinking enough that I seriously considered buying all the products from the Infomercials (the best pot ever!), but couldn't see anything positive about the game last night. The only hope is the combination of new faces against a solid ACC defense rattled them enough to make poor decisions.

Let's see if any of these guys look good against Colgate, but last night was very discouraging

Would he crack the rotation un 2012? Im not sure.
Maybe as a 9th/10th guy. Someone compared him to Kris Joseph, which is silly. KJ was a 2nd round NBA pick. It didn’t work out for him, but Danny Ainge saw something in him worth taking a flier on. He ain’t doing that for EH.

I actually like Hughes, and think the dude would start for a lot of ACC teams.

He might end up looking some type of way this year because every. single. one. of his looks are iso, given we have zero talent around him that can break down a defense.

He’s a good finisher, a good shooter and pretty athletic. Some of his rebounds were grown man rebounds.

I don’t know if he gets drafted, but I think he’ll be given chances to impress someone in a summer league/workout setting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tucker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom