we may think we have no chance vs USC | Syracusefan.com

we may think we have no chance vs USC

upperdeck

Living Legend
but looking at the USC boards they know we have no chance.. Really think we have to make USC earn all the pts. If they get a couple easy scores like Wash got last year its all over.. six years we returned an INT.. time for a big play on D.

i would feel a whole lot better about oru chances with last years team unfortunately

If cuse comes out flat, I think we lose by 3 scores.

If we come out fast and score, I think we scare them and have a chance to keep it close at halftime.

Sent from my Droid Fascinate using Tapatalk.

I have every confidence Syracuse is going to win it now since I will be in California but circumstances prevent me from attending the game. Heck I might not be even able to watch if I can't convince the wife to stop in a sports bar.

Plus I really was on the side of a 50 point loss, that influenced my not pressing the issue on attendance. I did similar such puss-out-ification @'Ville and @ND. So given all this, it is inevitable that I will have missed out on a huge Orange upset while I was visiting the west coast.

Bookmarket.

but looking at the USC boards they know we have no chance.. Really think we have to make USC earn all the pts. If they get a couple easy scores like Wash got last year its all over.. six years we returned an INT.. time for a big play on D.

We have a chance because they aren't a great team. But the areas where they have individual talent are really going to hurt us. Barkley, Kalil and Woods makes it seem like they can play pitch and catch all day. I don't foresee us getting any pressure on Barkley. Tyler being back hurts as well. However, Barkley isn't Andrew Luck. I think we might be able to get a TO out of him.

On the other side of the ball, they have a veteran DL, which scares me. But they have some young LBs. If they are too overaggressive, maybe we can break a few big plays.

We will also need to win special teams.

If we were playing a comparable team on the east coast, I would feel better, but traveling out there and playing in that environment with our past on the west coast, it is going to be an uphill battle. Not insurmountable, but definitely very tough.

We beat Virginia Tech in 2001 on special teams, winning the turnover battle and playing smart football. We can beat USC doing the same, hopefully.

Well they did destroy Minnes... no no wait they didn't

But then week 2 they beat the hell out of Utah... no wait they didnt do that either.

If they get the same refs from last week we're in trouble, aside from that this years version of USC is the best possible version we couldve hoped to see. We haven't done anything to warrent respect thus far, but they havent shown anything that should have us cowering. If you take the names off their uniforms what have they really shown on the field?

The PAC12 see's a Big East team and they think cupcake. Kinda like when we see a CAA opponent.

Just like URI had no chance last weekend versus Syracuse, it's still a game that is won and loss on the field, plain and simple

I have a feeling we can play with these guys. My thinking is that we need to dink them to death and work the edge against the young LBs quick passes are going to be key. My hope is we pass to open the run. On D we will need a huge game from our corners. Lynn has the size to hang with their stud and i hope that the thomas brothers tatoo him early to try and set a tone. If im Doug i do everything possible to keep the team loose tell them to enjoy the scene play balls out have fun and leave it all on the field heck if RI can hang with us we can hang with them

I say hit 'em in da MOUT !!!

Make the USC players FEAR every snap on both sides of the ball, with NO REGARD for the score... Just make them pay for every yard, catch, tackle, EVERY BREATH !!! Give them NO QUARTER !!!

If the 'CUSE comes out like Miami U circa '80's, they should pound this pack of pusswads back to 1966 !!!

Just like URI had no chance last weekend versus Syracuse, it's still a game that is won and loss on the field, plain and simple
I didn't think we stood a chance against West Virginia last year,

I would love to think we have a shot against this team, and I hope I am wrong, but from what I've seen of this team so far, we look just a slight notch above some of the Grob teams. Right now I will just take not looking like a HS team out there. This has the potential to be ugly.

This definitely has the makings of a statement game by the Orange. This is another one of those milestone matches, like the wins over USF & WVU last season. They don't necesarily have to win this, just beat them up & put the fear of Gawd in them...

SU must tackle well. Tyler is a load and Woods is not a smurf receiver. I fear that SU may be in the position to make plays on D but they will miss tackles or the SC guys may just bounce off of them. I think the SC offense gets going in this one. 38-6 Trojans. It's a win-win for me :)

SU must tackle well. Tyler is a load and Woods is not a smurf receiver. I fear that SU may be in the position to make plays on D but they will miss tackles or the SC guys may just bounce off of them. I think the SC offense gets going in this one. 38-6 Trojans. It's a win-win for me :)

Are you from SoCal?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom