We might see something next week... | Syracusefan.com

We might see something next week...

bpo57

Living Legend
that I'm sure most of us thought we'd never see in our lifetime. Or ten lifetimes for that matter.

UB favored over SU in the Dome.

Im not sure UB will be favored.

They are going to have a whole lot of fans though.. i know 20+ alone that are coming

I would be surprised in Buffalo is favoured.

I have not been watching the trends this year in the opening line, but there is a very high correlation between the line suggested by KenPom and what Vegas does (always within a few points). I suspect its the same this year.

Based on KP as of now, updated for today's games, Syracuse is 0.5 point favourite on a neutral court, and a 4.0 point favourite on home court.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the line open closer to 2-3 rather than 4, but Syracuse will be favoured in the opening line. It may come down another point by game today.

Surprised SU was favored by 10 today. I’m not a gambling man, but that was easy money.

I didn't think so at halftime. But unfortunately, they made us play the 2nd half. Or whatever word best describes it.

Surprised SU was favored by 10 today. I’m not a gambling man, but that was easy money.
I didn’t think this was one of Old Dominions vintage teams

I can see it now ..tourney time bubble talk and it’s SU vs ODU ... the talking heads are referring to this game everyday for two weeks .. book it

I didn’t think this was one of Old Dominions vintage teams

I can see it now ..tourney time bubble talk and it’s SU vs ODU ... the talking heads are referring to this game everyday for two weeks .. book it
Odu won't be a bubble team.

I would be surprised in Buffalo is favoured.

I have not been watching the trends this year in the opening line, but there is a very high correlation between the line suggested by KenPom and what Vegas does (always within a few points). I suspect its the same this year.

Based on KP as of now, updated for today's games, Syracuse is 0.5 point favourite on a neutral court, and a 4.0 point favourite on home court.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the line open closer to 2-3 rather than 4, but Syracuse will be favoured in the opening line. It may come down another point by game today.

Personally, I’m having a hard time taking KenPom as gospel lately. He’s got a bad Miami team with 4 losses at 45.

I see mismatches all over the court. Perkins might go for 25/15. Massinburg could erupt. They have other better ballhandlers, quicker guys, tougher players, etc. Their SOS is better. Their D hasn’t been that solid this year but we’re offensively challenged, anyways.

Last edited:
Personally, I’m having a hard time taking KenPom as gospel lately. He’s got a bad Miami team with 4 losses at 45.

I see mismatches all over the court. Perkins might go for 25/15. Massinburg could erupt. They have other better ballhandlers, quicker guys, tougher players, etc. Their SOS is better. Their D hasn’t been that solid this year but we’re offensively challenged, anyways.

Not taking it as gospel.

Just stating that the formula KenPom uses to rank teams is seemingly very close to how Vegas ranks its teams and why the odds will work out that way. I certainly would not touch us as favourites.

We'll see how the line moves. Doubt anyone here will touch it.

my advice to anyone thinking of betting this game

tenor.gif

Without hesitation I took UConn, Cornell, Georgetown, ODU to cover. This will be no different.

EDIT: My Score app says Massinburg is out indefinitely with a knee injury?

I wish I was as confident in Syracuse, as I was in the opening line. :confused:

Without hesitation I took UConn, Cornell, Georgetown, ODU to cover. This will be no different.

EDIT: My Score app says Massinburg is out indefinitely with a knee injury?

That just makes it all the more likely that we’ll struggle.

Wait so Massinburg is out?

I saw it on my Score app. ‘Out indefinitely.’ Haven’t seen it anywhere else though. Nothing from UB’s side.

I saw it on my Score app. ‘Out indefinitely.’ Haven’t seen it anywhere else though. Nothing from UB’s side.
yeah I'm looking around right now - looks like he had a minor knee injury last month that kept him out for a game but he's been fine since

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom