we need a Rick or a Rak | Syracusefan.com

we need a Rick or a Rak

Or a

1553264316374.jpeg

Rak didn't become serviceable until his senior year. We can't forget that for the first three years people were pulling their hair out over the player he was. He didn't turn it on until he had one year left. I just want a big that can contribute on both ends of the floor. Is that too much to ask?

Remember the years that we had 2 post players! (Arinze and Rick)

Rak is the only post player we have had since them, and he only excelled for one year.

Remember the years that we had 2 post players! (Arinze and Rick)

Rak is the only post player we have had since them, and he only excelled for one year.
Rak worked his butt off in the summer before his senior year. It paid off.

As always, disagree with the assessment of Rak wholeheartedly and I will forever feel the need to state that. He could have contributed earlier.

And JB even said so early in his Senior year ---- (I ascribe to the "JB says random crap" philosophy, but some people love the JB assessments...so I'll include it) --- that he could have given more on offense, but we didn't need him to as a Junior because of our offense...so, yeah.

As always, disagree with the assessment of Rak wholeheartedly and I will forever feel the need to state that. He could have contributed earlier.

And JB even said so early in his Senior year ---- (I ascribe to the "JB says random crap" philosophy, but some people love the JB assessments...so I'll include it) --- that he could have given more on offense, but we didn't need him to as a Junior because of our offense...so, yeah.

I have been firmly with you on this topic so...yes.

Rak didn't become serviceable a force until his senior year. We can't forget that for the first three years people were pulling their hair out over the player he was. He didn't turn it on until he had one year left. I just want a big that can contribute on both ends of the floor. Is that too much to ask?

Amended, if I may be so bold. Perhaps it's just semantics, but I thought he was "serviceable" all along, which is why he saw some PT and developed. And yes, his improvement from junior to senior was tremendous. Just IMHO.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom