We need Buddy's scholarship for next season | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

We need Buddy's scholarship for next season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for answering my questions back to you.
Just ignore them because that is what you do. I wasted time answering you when the answer was obvious and common sense.
Stupid me.

People are Pooh-poohing it because it’s highly unlikely we would need to do it. We’re not recruiting anyone else for 2020, and we will probably have 2-3 players leave the program, which is why it would have been fine if IJ picked Cuse. We’ve already talked about 4 players possibly leaving early (Jalen, HoWash, Braswell and obviously Hughes). We need only 1 to leave? Think it’s a safe bet that 2 leave. Boeheim probably has a pretty good idea, right?

It seems like you’re trying to push the following:

1. Boeheim is selfish for not pulling Buddy’s scholly

2. Boeheim Is running players off the team.

3. Boehiem is not recruiting more players and should be

I predict if we have an open scholarship (which is more likely than needing an extra one) you’ll scream Poor Roster Management, Boeheim is running off kids and Boeheim quit recruiting. Sound about right?

Last edited:
Can someone else please respond to this last message from Alpha.
He will just pivot whatever I say back to me and not the point.

Thanks to whomever handles it.

Go on...

How many times have we not had enough scholarships?
How many times has JB used enough guys during a season where we have said...dang...wish we had schollies for more (not including sanctions)
How many walkons over the years have been given a scholly through the years.

it is very obvious that the scholarship situations ALWAYS works itself out. How many threads or posts are needed to explain that over and over and over

How many times have we not had enough scholarships?
How many times has JB used enough guys during a season where we have said...dang...wish we had schollies for more (not including sanctions)
How many walkons over the years have been given a scholly through the years.

it is very obvious that the scholarship situations ALWAYS works itself out. How many threads or posts are needed to explain that over and over and over
1. How many times have we had zero Seniors on this roster and incoming recruits that would put over the 13 limit?

You are comparing apples to bananas.
This scenario is we have 12 scholarship players this year.
We have 2 recruits signed for next year.

You comparing that to situations where the math wasn’t like this. We typically have less than full rosters because underclassmen go pro early.
Not we had a full roster and somebody has to go.
This is completely different situation.

NOBODY knows what players want to go and what players want to stay.
For AZ to say it’s fairly obvious is not truth.
There are so many different scenarios nobody has a clue.
Unless if somebody wants to actually break news.

Why people can’t undersrand this situation is unlike the others we have had to deal with.

It’s not fairly obvious.
Who is gone for next year? Please tell us.

People are Pooh-poohing it because it’s highly unlikely we would need to do it. We’re not recruiting anyone else for 2020, and we will probably have 2-3 players leave the program, which is why it would have been fine if IJ picked Cuse. We’ve already talked about 4 players possibly leaving early (Jalen, HoWash, Braswell and obviously Hughes). We need only 1 to leave? Think it’s a safe bet that 2 leave. Boeheim probably has a pretty good idea, right?

It seems like you’re trying to push the following:

1. Boeheim is selfish for not pulling Buddy’s scholly

2. Boeheim Is running players off the team.

3. Boehiem is not recruiting more players and should be

I predict if we have an open scholarship (which is more likely than needing an extra one) you’ll scream Poor Roster Management, Boeheim is running off kids and Boeheim quit recruiting. Sound about right?
I don't think anyone, anyone, here has even hinted at 1 and 2. I don't know where you get that. As for #3, I think and am pretty sure we are, going to kick the tires on the two IVY grads. We have some relationships with both. One played for a couple of our coaches in Europe this past summer and the other was on the same high school team as Matt Moyer when we were recruiting him. If Hughes was to leave, the kid from Harvard would make a lot of sense. And it never hurts to get another big. Kid looks good enough for me. JB should be out getting whatever kids he needs to put a terrific team on the floor. That is his job. I'm not saying he isn't or won't. But if that means Buddy going off ship for a year, yeah.

I don't think anyone, anyone, here has even hinted at 1 and 2. I don't know where you get that. As for #3, I think and am pretty sure we are, going to kick the tires on the two IVY grads. We have some relationships with both. One played for a couple of our coaches in Europe this past summer and the other was on the same high school team as Matt Moyer when we were recruiting him. If Hughes was to leave, the kid from Harvard would make a lot of sense. And it never hurts to get another big. Kid looks good enough for me. JB should be out getting whatever kids he needs to put a terrific team on the floor. That is his job. I'm not saying he isn't or won't. But if that means Buddy going off ship for a year, yeah.

1 and 2 sure have been hinted at and even said in this thread and many other threads.

Obviously if we have players who decide to leave on their own and we don’t have any recruits who can fill a need there is no need to do this.
However that isn’t even the scenario being discussed.
Jeez. Changing the goalposts.
Nobody wants to do this just to do it.
The point being discussed is we have to lose one player right now.
What about if nobody wants to leave for next year what would we do?
What about if Isaiah Jackson didn’t choose Kentucky?

There is a reason we were recruiting him.
God I go back to my post responding to Chugg.

Now who is moving the goal posts? There is no current need to announce the repurposing of Buddy’s scholarship.

We have not turned away any potential scholarship athlete.

We have not had to ask anyone to leave.

We don’t have to finally settle the roster until next August.

Obviously if we have players who decide to leave on their own and we don’t have any recruits who can fill a need there is no need to do this.
However that isn’t even the scenario being discussed.
Jeez. Changing the goalposts.
Nobody wants to do this just to do it.
The point being discussed is we have to lose one player right now.
What about if nobody wants to leave for next year what would we do?
What about if Isaiah Jackson didn’t choose Kentucky?

There is a reason we were recruiting him.
God I go back to my post responding to Chugg.

can you imagine if Jackson wanted to come here as well as Dickinson, Clarke, and Jackson wanted to come here? Not only Buddy, but JB would have to take Girard, Guerrier and Goodine off scholie and pay their way himself.

Hughes, Marek, and one other kid will leave

Buddy our best player moving forward?

1579053262788.png

can you imagine if Jackson wanted to come here as well as Dickinson, Clarke, and Jackson wanted to come here? Not only Buddy, but JB would have to take Girard, Guerrier and Goodine off scholie and pay their way himself.
Fairly obvious...

Long time reader, first time poster

I really hope JB looks at all options including this one if it meant being able to upgrade the roster. Unfortunately, the way he talks about Buddy, "the best shooter in the country", I cant see him doing that unless Buddy came to him requesting to sacrifice it for the betterment of the team/program.
Im sure we will continue this debate well into the spring and summer transfer season.

People are gonna die on this hill eh Bees?

People are gonna die on this hill eh Bees?
Lol.
This is hilarious. OMG. Bees says he has no news to break. Makes a post that nobody is even trying to claim and you just pivot to the this is the hill to die on comment.
What exactly is fairly obvious going to happen to the roster after the year.
You say it’s fairly obvious. Please spill the beans. It’s obvious so everyone should know so this subject can go away.

I'm so confused by the folks who think that Buddy would feel slighted by being taken off of scholarship. He's playing 40 MPG this year!!! Good grief, no one is feeling slighted when they are an essential part of any success the team has.
I feel slighted that Buddy plays 40 MPG.

Nobody seems all that concerned about me.

Who is gone for next year? Please tell us.

maybe a few kids. Probably Hughes and Jalen Carey. Maybe HoWash and Braswell. Do you know for sure Dolejaz is coming back? We won’t know until after the season.

You keep throwing out hypotheticals like what if nobody leaves, what if nobody wants to leave, what if Jackson came here. I can do that too.

What if several players leave? What if JB knows who is leaving?

maybe a few kids. Probably Hughes and Jalen Carey. Maybe HoWash and Braswell. Do you know for sure Dolejaz is coming back? We won’t know until after the season.

You keep throwing out hypotheticals like what if nobody leaves, what if nobody wants to leave, what if Jackson came here. I can do that too.

If I wasn’t asking a poster who said that it’s fairly obvious I would say good post to you.
I am asking a poster who is saying why something won’t happen is fairly obvious to show their math.
If it’s an opinion then it’s not fairly obvious.
If they have facts spill them. Pretty simple what I am doing.
Nothing is fairly obvious about this roster.

As for #3, I think and am pretty sure we are, going to kick the tires on the two IVY grads.

If that’s true, JB has a pretty good idea who is probably leaving.

just pm the guy then. What’s fairly obvious is the entire roster probably won’t be back.
It’s not fairly obvious.

Nobody has a clue what anybody on the roster is thinking. Which is the point.

Of course the situation will play out. The result isn’t fairly obvious.
How do we know if a player is leaving because they want to right now?

That is the bleeping point. Unless people have information to break nothing is fairly obvious. It’s all speculation. Which is the point being made that if somebody wanted to stay and JB got a raise and Buddy became a walkon they wouldn’t have to go.
This is speculation.

Nothing is fairly obvious to happen. Except we should have 13 scholarship players next year.

I’d bet everything in my bank account that Under no circumstances does JB take any amount of players that force him to move Buddy of scholarship. If Tape or whoever sign you know the roster spots we’ve cleared.

Hughes, Marek, and one other kid will leave
Have you ever talked to Marek? What basis do you have for making that statement? Now, Hughes, who you probably haven't talked to either, at least makes sense. Although I can say that no one is sure whether Hughes is leaving or staying. He is wise and is going to check his status.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom