We need to face facts | Syracusefan.com

We need to face facts

qdawgg

Night Biking Enthusiast
I really believe we”ll be better in a couple of years and things are pointing up but we are not a good team right now. The Clemson win, the offensive stats, and the records being broken hide the fact we’re still a bottom basement team.

I know some people like clinging to that Clemson win but that’s like Rutgers clinging to their National Championship. It’s what losers do. Upsets happen all the time in CFB. If we had 1 win this season and it was the Clemson win some people would still point to that as how we turned the corner.

All the close games we’ve had are meaningless if we lose them all. Lots of football games are close, that’s what makes people watch them. What it means is we aren’t good.

Baby steps. We are at least competitive at this point, and can win on any given Saturday. That couldn't be said much in the last 16 years. Dino himself, and most prognosticators, said we could be a better team this year, but end up with the same record as last year. That is exactly what has happened.
Give Dino 4 years, and let him develop his talent.

I fully believe Dino will get us there but we need to seriously upgrade the defensive talent (which we are). Not Babers fault Shafer left him a bunch of slow and unathletic players to work with on that side of the ball.

We also need a QB that can stay healthy. We fell apart last year due to QB health and it's happening again this year.

The staff also needs to get better at situational decision making. They have not been impressive, to say the least, in that facet.

Like I said, we'll get there under this staff, but I don't want to hear people telling us we should be ok with a game like this or that fans should come to the games...nah, we've been bad for a decade, nobody wants to come watch the current product and nobody should blame them.

Baby steps. We are at least competitive at this point, and can win on any given Saturday. That couldn't be said much in the last 16 years. Dino himself, and most prognosticators, said we could be a better team this year, but end up with the same record as last year. That is exactly what has happened.

There are no baby steps, we are moving backwards.

I really believe we”ll be better in a couple of years and things are pointing up but we are not a good team right now. The Clemson win, the offensive stats, and the records being broken hide the fact we’re still a bottom basement team.

I know some people like clinging to that Clemson win but that’s like Rutgers clinging to their National Championship. It’s what losers do. Upsets happen all the time in CFB. If we had 1 win this season and it was the Clemson win some people would still point to that as how we turned the corner.

All the close games we’ve had are meaningless if we lose them all. Lots of football games are close, that’s what makes people watch them. What it means is we aren’t good.
A lot of us have had this perspective and our loyalty or even support of this team are called into question. But you are spot on here. This team is just not there yet. That’s fine; maybe we need more time. But we just aren’t there and there are too many issues to list. Playing tough or getting moral victories is not something we need anymore.

I think Babers has the same perspective. He is a no-nonsense guy. When we win these game that we “should”, this team will have truly turned a corner. Until then we just aren’t there.

Hey, I don’t disagree with any part of this except we can win on any given Saturday. That is true of any CFB team any Saturday. We don’t go into any game being the better team in our division. It doesn’t mean we can’t win but we aren’t very good right now

There are no baby steps, we are moving backwards.
We are not coming close to going backwards. STOP THAT! We compete in every game. We didn't do that in the very recent past. We don't have any soft games. The player influx will take time. They players from the past regime are too slow, too small and not good enough.

We are not coming close to going backwards. STOP THAT! We compete in every game. We didn't do that in the very recent past. We don't have any soft games. The player influx will take time. They players from the past regime are too slow, too small and not good enough.

We got outscored 40-5 in the 2nd half, thats competing?

Capture.JPG

Hey, I don’t disagree with any part of this except we can win on any given Saturday. That is true of any CFB team any Saturday. We don’t go into any game being the better team in our division. It doesn’t mean we can’t win but we aren’t very good right now
That is absolutely not true of any team in college.

We lost by three points last weekend on the road against Florida State but yeah we’re moving backwards. I thought you were outta here till next year ?

I must have missed the memo on Fsu, they are pretty bad this year.

The Clemson win shows we’ve made progress. Upsets happen but we hadn’t beaten anyone like that in years.

We’re getting there. This system and staff are right for Cuse/Dome. Recruiting is improving. We should get better each year going forward. We are better than last year. And we’ll be better next year.

I must have missed the memo on Fsu, they are pretty bad this year.

Still have a lot of talent. They’re a victim of this brutal division too. There’s not one gimmie or pushover in the entire division.