we should really do a bad lip reading thread | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

we should really do a bad lip reading thread

That is nonsense. People take our HOF coach to task because he treats reporters like he were Parcells or Belichek. He has earned that right. And he is usually right. He doesn't need to suffer foolish reporters at this time in his career.

Comparing that to what Shafer has been doing on the sidelines and in his newsers is simply silly. Shafer does not show the leadership and confidence that will filter down to his team. I have no problem with them being 2-3 against this schedule. But, the way they've gotten there is very troubling.

You have one guy who is a HOFer who is bored with stupid questions from reporters who get more idiotic and less informed each year. He is great with real reporters like Tony or any other person who has been around.

Shafer looks like a deer in the headlights. Throws his starting QB under the bus because he couldn't figure out who should start. Shows no confidence and just falls back on "I love our student athletes" "We've competed real hard against great teams" etc, etc., etc.

It is pretty clear that the job is just too big for this guy. He doesn't get what it is to be a head coach. You can see in his conduct at news conferences that he would be really happy to be able to go back to being a coordinator. With JB you see that he believes in hoops terms he is the smartest guy in the room, and he is.
OK, 5 games in and we know HCSS is definitely not the answer. Thanks for the info. Who's the answer then? Urban Meyer? Let me know when you get him on the phone. I'll take it from there. :rolleyes:

OK, 5 games in and we know HCSS is definitely not the answer. Thanks for the info. Who's the answer then? Urban Meyer? Let me know when you get him on the phone. I'll take it from there. :rolleyes:
It's an opinion. That's what forums are for.

Who's the answer? I don't know. It is at least two years before it becomes a real question.

Urban Meyer? Not at this stage of his career. But, the profile ought to be a young head coach at a lower level with a signature offensive system that can win with lesser talent than his opponents.

So yeah, the next Urban Meyer at the career stage before he went to Utah, or Brian Kelly before Cincy or Chip Kelly when he was at UNH. I don't know who that guy is, but it is the AD's job to know and find that guy. With the ACC we can certainly afford that guy and his staff.

Who's the answer? I don't know. It is at least two years before it becomes a real question.

Urban Meyer? Not at this stage of his career. But, the profile ought to be a young head coach at a lower level with a signature offensive system that can win with lesser talent than his opponents.

So yeah, the next Urban Meyer at the career stage before he went to Utah, or Brian Kelly before Cincy or Chip Kelly when he was at UNH. I don't know who that guy is, but it is the AD's job to know and find that guy. With the ACC we can certainly afford that guy and his staff.

Chip Kelly was a career lower level position coach and coordinator and was hired as OC at Oregon. He was an internal promotion. His first HC job was at Oregon.

And a rather silly opinion at that, 5 games into the regime. But, that's just my opinion.

Frankly, I'm ok with having a HC who's not afraid to call the opposing coach a MFer.

Pinecomb hambone, mother f*cker. Fondue.

That actually makes more sense than yelling at Dabo like he did.

Didn't read the whole thread, wouldn't have duplicated the hambone. But that word fits perfect with the lip synch. Might be his nickname for Dabo.

And a rather silly opinion at that, 5 games into the regime. But, that's just my opinion.
Well we'll see won't we. We're going to be on the Shafer ride for the next couple of years. It's better for SU if he succeeds, so I hope he does. But, I see nothing to make me think he will and lot to make me think he might melt down in a really ugly way.

Chip Kelly was a career lower level position coach and coordinator and was hired as OC at Oregon. He was an internal promotion. His first HC job was at Oregon.
Yeah, if you really think Shafer and Kelly's career paths are the same you haven't been paying attention.

But, if you are bored just don't engage.

Press conferences, who the f'k cares? And everyone I've seen he's fine.

The job is just to big, based on what? It's five games.

What a lame post.
If you think his public presentation in newsers and on the sideline is "fine" then you either don't get or just aren't paying attention.

Yeah, if you really think Shafer and Kelly's career paths are the same you haven't been paying attention.

But, if you are bored just don't engage.

Well we'll see won't we. We're going to be on the Shafer ride for the next couple of years. It's better for SU if he succeeds, so I hope he does. But, I see nothing to make me think he will and lot to make me think he might melt down in a really ugly way.

Zak is back, and he's back big!!!

"That's spackle on a fat-headed chinbuckle!! Now go frak a yak, you maltreated cornish crack pipe."

Pinecomb hambone, mother f*cker. Fondue.

That actually makes more sense than yelling at Dabo like he did.
Bull! You make a 4 down goal line stand against the other team, you get to yell at the other coach. You make a 4 down goal line stand against the other team when the other coach is pressing his lead when he's up 35-7 at the end of the first half instead of attempting the FG, you get to yell obscenities at the other coach.

Dabo was attempting to embarrass us. He was asked by the on field reporter at the half why he went for it and got a ty smirk on his face and said he wanted to avoid a momentum change that could come from kicking the FG and then kicking off to us with a possibility of a return for TD. That's a ridiculous and illogical explanation. You kick off after a TD just like you do after a FG.

I agree football is a big boy sport and understand the point that if a team is trying to run it up, you don't fault them, you stop them. However, when you do stop them, you are allowed to get excited, you are allowed to demonstrate a little pride and you are allowed to yell obscenities at them. Nothing wrong with what Shaf did. Nothing. He didn't make you or SU look bad. He made it clear he cared what the outcome of the situation was. That's it.

So you're on record that Shafer did not approve of your plan to take us to the Patriot League and is not one of your SEC friends.

Noted.
Just keep banging that old drum. You misrepresent what my position was. But, SU is in a great and stable conference with ACC, which is where I always wanted them to be. If they hadn't gotten this spot there would have been tough choices. Personally, if we couldn't be in the ACC I would rather have stayed with the Catholic 7 than to have home conference hoops games against two directional Floridas, Tulane and Texas schools nobody's heard of. You really think we'd keep putting 25 to 30 K in the Dome in Jan and Feb for those crack AAC match ups? If that had happened SU's relevance and revenue in both hoops and football would have declined.

But it is a moot point since we are where we belong and most all of us are happy about it. You keep rehashing posts from two or three years ago, I'll just ignore you on those going forward.

Yep, Zak is back. Deal with it.

Didn't read the whole thread, wouldn't have duplicated the hambone. But that word fits perfect with the lip synch. Might be his nickname for Dabo.
He definitely called him Hambone. This I'm sure of. I can't speak for everyone else but that I will be calling him hambone henceforth

He definitely called him Hambone. This I'm sure of. I can't speak for everyone else but that I will be calling him hambone henceforth

On the bright side, hambone will also work for the FSU game when Jimbo Fisher is passing the ball on 3rd and 6 with a 21-0 lead in the 1st quarter.

"Foot glue, hambone, you leather protector...for shoes"

On the bright side, hambone will also work for the FSU game when Jimbo Fisher is passing the ball on 3rd and 6 with a 21-0 lead in the 1st quarter.

"Foot glue, hambone, you leather protector...for shoes"
Flash those yabos, mother, in front of you. There you go

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom