We Will Win the Next Two | Syracusefan.com

We Will Win the Next Two

OrangeBlood

Starter
I am channeling my inner Joe Namath because I just have one of those famous "feelings"

DePaul-- I just think we come out motivated, senior day, losing three straight, I think we will be motivated and play well. ~20 point win.

Georgetown-- Honestly, I am not sure why I have confidence in this game. We haven't beaten anyone decent recently, we have been terrible on the road, and G'Town has been great. BUT for some reason, I can not see Porter having 30+ again and I can't see us shooting that poorly again. He will have more than 50 points this time. I know it will be a "hostile" crowd but i see us coming out on top in our last BE game.

Maybe I am just blinded by faith that we can not lose our last BE game v. Georgetown.

I am not ready to throw this season away. I still have faith in this group. We were never a top 10 team, but also we have never been out of the top 25 team bad.

In the big picture, why not have hope for the tournament? Look at college basketball. There are no dominant teams, anyone can beat anyone. Once we are out of the BE, I think we will see more man and score more points.

Maybe we lose in the first round, but right now, why think like that? We still have a top 20 team with the potential to make a deep run.

I am channeling my inner Joe Namath because I just have one of those famous "feelings"

DePaul-- I just think we come out motivated, senior day, losing three straight, I think we will be motivated and play well. ~20 point win.

Georgetown-- Honestly, I am not sure why I have confidence in this game. We haven't beaten anyone decent recently, we have been terrible on the road, and G'Town has been great. BUT for some reason, I can not see Porter having 30+ again and I can't see us shooting that poorly again. He will have more than 50 points this time. I know it will be a "hostile" crowd but i see us coming out on top in our last BE game.

Maybe I am just blinded by faith that we can not lose our last BE game v. Georgetown.

I am not ready to throw this season away. I still have faith in this group. We were never a top 10 team, but also we have never been out of the top 25 team bad.

In the big picture, why not have hope for the tournament? Look at college basketball. There are no dominant teams, anyone can beat anyone. Once we are out of the BE, I think we will see more man and score more points.

Maybe we lose in the first round, but right now, why think like that? We still have a top 20 team with the potential to make a deep run.

I was more confident we would win at Georgetown than I was we would win yesterday. Hoping that feeling holds true.

I feel good about next Saturday, but for some reason am kind of worried about DePaul. Will the futility continue into that game?

I feel good about next Saturday, but for some reason am kind of worried about DePaul. Will the futility continue into that game?

Well, since the team is on a 3 game losing streak, the Depaul game certainly can not be labeled a 'trap' game prior to the big season finale against the Hoyas.

Not a chance

Not a chance
So they won't play poorly? I think we win by double figures, just hope we don't see the extended craptastic play.

So they won't play poorly? I think we win by double figures, just hope we don't see the extended craptastic play.

I think we will play better. Clean up the mistakes and try to build some momentum heading to DC.

We will beat DePaul because they stink. Beat Georgetown? Not with 35% shooting which is consistently what we are against good teams. I keep waiting for MCW to have a breakout game. Maybe that will be it. You figure he has to have one stinking game where he has a hot hand and shoots over his head. Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while. BT on the other hand...well ugh.

This team shouldn't even be thinking about anything but DePaul, and no we won't beat Georgetown. We'll finish losing 4 out of 5 for 23-8 and get Rutgers or Seton Hall in our Big East game. No leadership on this team the seniors are a mess, our point guard is already thinking about the money, and there is no unity on this team.

If we can't beat DePaul, then it's football season. C'mon, DePaul is awful. We need to win this game Big to establish some good habits, including the exorcism of Triche.

We can play poorly and still win easily. We will be around 18 point favorites. I hope team can regain some confidence, and execute properly moving into Georgetown.

We really needed a Depaul level contest.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom