We won. That is all that matters right now | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

We won. That is all that matters right now

Like on the agree to disagree. Hopefully Red gives Draymond no mind space or we are in a world of hurt.
Just to clarify since I see the responses already…Not Draymond specifically. The commentary of what he said. It was repeated on this board, on his radio interviews, etc.

Not really a judge on that. We scored at will with only stops being missed FTs or lay-ups. Good thing too because we guarded nobody.
In the first half? We guarded much better, I thought. We had active hands and forced turnovers. It wasn't the best positional defense, but our guys were definitely a problem for them. On offense, our guys were moving, it was amazing. So fun to watch when our guys are moving around and getting layups off of great cuts with a big man feeding them. Maliq is a weapon in ALL aspects of the game. What a great passer. We got NONE of that in the second half. We got points, but they were tough. First half looked easy.

I am watching Duke at WF, and I am SOOOO sick of hearing Lunardi's name. That guy knows nothing about basketball. He is a number cruncher and ANYBODY can do that mindless BS.

Speaking of Wake - it’s wild how much better they are at home vs away. Like two different teams.

My birthday and Jim Boeheim Day. The good guys couldn't lose today.
Happy Birthday!!! I think we needed it being your birthday to get us over the hump today!!!

The NET might not be great but the positive is if Wake loses, we are half a game out from getting a double bye in the ACC tourney. Our slim tourney hopes stay alive for another few days. Better than the alternative.
Probably better off not getting a double bye. One less crappy team you have a good shot at beating. Unless you think they can win the entire tourney

What does everyone think Red should have done differently in the second half? Please provide your thoughts.
Stop doing the stupid zone auto give up bucket on oob plays

Probably better off not getting a double bye. One less crappy team you have a good shot at beating. Unless you think they can win the entire tourney
Yeah, as long as we win the game against a "crappy" team, it is good that it's another W

I turned 45 so I was scared. I told my wife if I was 44 this wouldn't be happening
45!!! Now you can enjoy the rest of the day with a win. What's on tap for tonight?

Might have something to do with lack of depth. But it didn't at the end of the first half. We just seemed to screw around.
That was 100% the result of Silicon Valley coming into the game for Brown. It was utter carnage on both ends the second he came in.

Yeah, as long as we win the game against a "crappy" team, it is good that it's another W
Well obviously they need to win. Statistically they have more chance at winning two with a single or no bye than a double bye. And equally as obvious is that a double bye implies a better performance before getting into the tourney . So it’s all hypothetical

Well obviously they need to win. Statistically they have more chance at winning two with a single or no bye than a double bye. And equally as obvious is that a double bye implies a better performance before getting into the tourney . So it’s all hypothetical
Yeah, the math is beyond what I am willing to explore as to what is more beneficial. In my opinion, although not thoroughly examined, is that getting a win or two is much better than getting no wins in a 8\9 game. But, for the rest of this season, we can win every game. I hope our guys stay locked in and take care of business.

FWIW, Bell was +9 on the game.

Team best.
He was good. Definitely a defensive liability at times, but his offense was good and he was part of the big first half. His effort is there, he just has to learn more about positioning. He's still a sophomore. So much of this team is sophomores, they will get better. They may not all be here next year, but hopefully we have a really good core of upperclassmen to lead this team.

Time to go find an episode of Law & Order to get my mind off of the disorder……

I didn’t realize Notre Dame had Clay Thompson

I keep seeing this and imo it has nothing to do with this game. A leader wasn’t going to get Chris Bell to play defense competently.

The leader needed to be Red and he needed to adjust our defensive game plan (or the players on the floor) once they were openly and obviously going directly at Bell repeatedly. And we changed nothing

Who was guarding Burton because that kid had 28 points?

So when they win it’s not good enough. If they win and they don’t win by enough, it’s not good enough. When they get a big lead and a team comes back, everything is wrong. It never ends. So clear how many of you have never played meaningful sports in your lives

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom