We won. That is all that matters right now | Syracusefan.com

We won. That is all that matters right now

dasher

Living Legend
We can whine. Or we can go to the hospital to have our hearts looked at. I know I have to.
But a win is a win and it is win number 18. I hope our guys learned a little something today.
It has to do with foot on the...

Meh style points still countJB couldn’t even do his interview and compliment Red without the team collapsing.

2 bad teams next and the record is fine currently. But not winning that one clean hurts us if we’re fighting it out for a last spot.

This might be the dumbest game, and it’s directly tied to team leadership. Someone on this team needs to step up and be a leader.

Meh style points still countJB couldn’t even do his interview and compliment Red without the team collapsing.

2 bad teams next and the record is fine currently. But not winning that one clean hurts us if we’re fighting it out for a last spot.
The final score in this game will have no bearing on whether we make the tournament or not. We need a lot more wins. Probably too many. On the plus side, there were times today that we looked great. No one wants to hear that now of course.

It was so hard for you to type that that you spelled “is” wrong!!
Where did I spell is wrong? I fly typing so I am more than capable but I honestly don't see it. I got it. I must have corrected it after.

We can whine. Or we can go to the hospital to have our hearts looked at. I know I have to.
But a win is a win and it is win number 18. I hope our guys learned a little something today.
It has to do with foot on the...
They didn’t vs BC or NC state. This is a trend…

Where did I spell is wrong? I fly typing so I am more than capable but I honestly don't see it. I got it. I must have corrected it after.

Which thread are we posting in?

That’s what people were saying when we were squeaking by for several games during the 25-0 run and there were definitely some clear issues under the surface then we lost in the 2nd round making one shot outside the paint.

Anyway those were the days. A decade ago.

I corrected it right after I posted so I didn't know what you were talking about.

It isn't corrected on my view of the Board.

What does everyone think Red should have done differently in the second half? Please provide your thoughts.

What does everyone think Red should have done differently in the second half? Please provide your thoughts.
It's not something to do differently in this game, but the defense needs to be drilled into the team in the preseason. Judah's lack of playing defense with his feet were a big problem in the 2nd half and closing out on 3 point shooters remains a huge issue. That last 3 that cut the lead to 3 was a prime example. It was a high pass that left the shooter off balance, but he had time to gain control, dribble and step back and only then did someone move in his direction.

It's not something to do differently in this game, but the defense needs to be drilled into the team in the preseason. Judah's lack of playing defense with his feet were a big problem in the 2nd half and closing out on 3 point shooters remains a huge issue. That last 3 that cut the lead to 3 was a prime example. It was a high pass that left the shooter off balance, but he had time to gain control, dribble and step back and only then did someone move in his direction.
Well, they are trying. We are playing a "new" defense. At least to us. And we have guys that aren't very good at it.

if Wake loses, we are half a game out from getting a double bye in the ACC tourney.
So, weird question, but how much would a double bye help us?

If we're trying to make the NCAA tourney and believe there's a path without winning the conference tourney, wouldn't the single bye put us in the sweet spot where we have a decent chance to stack up additional neutral court wins against semi-decent opponents?

Keep #3 out of the paint. Mainly by telling the guards they have to move in front of the ballhandler to play defense, not just jog next to him.

Ball deny goofy haired coach’s kid.

That’s it.

This might be the dumbest game, and it’s directly tied to team leadership. Someone on this team needs to step up and be a leader.
I keep seeing this and imo it has nothing to do with this game. A leader wasn’t going to get Chris Bell to play defense competently.

The leader needed to be Red and he needed to adjust our defensive game plan (or the players on the floor) once they were openly and obviously going directly at Bell repeatedly. And we changed nothing

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom