We won. That is all that matters right now | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

We won. That is all that matters right now

Who was guarding Burton because that kid had 28 points?
Judah was on him most of the time, and I don't think he was playing that bad of defense on him. Burton is pretty savvy for a freshman. He knows some upperclassman tricks for getting calls.

So when they win it’s not good enough. If they win and they don’t win by enough, it’s not good enough. When they get a big lead and a team comes back, everything is wrong. It never ends. So clear how many of you have never played meaningful sports in your lives
You should beat bottom 3 teams in the ACc by more than 3, especially when you’re up 29 points. If they barely scraped all game, so be it, ND put together a good game plan. But they didn’t, they blew a massive lead with lazy defense and once again started blaming eachother. Stop acting like we’re so unfair for expecting a bad team to get blown out. Sorry people fan different than you.

Last edited:
I keep seeing this and imo it has nothing to do with this game. A leader wasn’t going to get Chris Bell to play defense competently.

The leader needed to be Red and he needed to adjust our defensive game plan (or the players on the floor) once they were openly and obviously going directly at Bell repeatedly. And we changed nothing

You’re not wrong so I’m not disagreeing with you but it wasn’t just Bell. They had that stretch where they went right at Bell and was embarrassing him, but that Burton kid was going around Judah the whole 2nd half like he wasn’t there. JJ and Q weren’t innocent either. They just abused us as a team that second half. The first half I thought they all played very good defense, including Bell.

So when they win it’s not good enough. If they win and they don’t win by enough, it’s not good enough. When they get a big lead and a team comes back, everything is wrong. It never ends. So clear how many of you have never played meaningful sports in your lives
Always happy to win. It is okay to be critical sometimes. This team has some serious flaws, and overall have probably met expectations. Red and the team have had some some good days and some bad ones. Today I think was a poor coaching job. Giving up 20+ point leads have happened several times this year, which is not okay. You expect teams to regress to the mean somewhat and close the gap some. It should never have gotten to 3 points. This was a 10 win Notre Dame team. I understand people can always be critical, but I try to give praise when it is deserved. I question methods and game management when it is deserved, which it was today.

Are we allowed to discuss the game or not? I’m thrilled we won yet I can reasonably discuss what happened in the game.

Can definitely look at posts from you last year creaming JB when we won

Let us know the new rules. Thanks

Thought Red should not have put second teams in to close out half, we let them get it back to 20 with that banked 3. Needed to keep the gas on and go up 30+.

We won. Would've been great if it was by 20 or more, but we won. With this up and down team that we have this year and a badly built roster, that's enough for me.

You’re not wrong so I’m not disagreeing with you but it wasn’t just Bell. They had that stretch where they went right at Bell and was embarrassing him, but that Burton kid was going around Judah the whole 2nd half like he wasn’t there. JJ and Q weren’t innocent either. They just abused us as a team that second half. The first half I thought they all played very good defense, including Bell.
there was a stretch where ND ran the same two man game repeatedly with Burton and Bells man….and it ended up with Bell get roasted repeatedly. You could argue Judah didn’t do a good enough job fighting over the screen for sure

You should beat bottom 3 teams in the ACc by more than 3, especially when you’re up 29 points. If they barely scraped all game, so be it, ND put together a good game plan. But they didn’t, they blew a massive lead with lazy defense and once again started blaming eachother. Stop acting like we’re so unfair for expecting bad team to get blown out. Sorry people fan different than you.
Tell that to top UNC and Duke. Plus Don’t forget Virginia who lost by 20 to ND.

Are we allowed to discuss the game or not? I’m thrilled we won yet I can reasonably discuss what happened in the game.

Can definitely look at posts from you last year creaming JB when we won

Let us know the new rules. Thanks
Exactly. Also can OP please define meaningful basketball? Is that a credibility thing? It's a fan forum. Nearly blowing 30 point leads at home to a team with five league wins is going to create angst.

Who’s got the inside scoop on Bell’s chatter with the ND players and coach?

there was a stretch where ND ran the same two man game repeatedly with Burton and Bells man….and it ended up with Bell get roasted repeatedly. You could argue Judah didn’t do a good enough job fighting over the screen for sure

It wasnt just Judah fighting over the screen. I was more talking about Burton constantly beating him off the dribble.

Exactly. Also can OP please define meaningful basketball? Is that a credibility thing? It's a fan forum. Nearly blowing 30 point leads at home to a team with five league wins is going to create angst.
Fwiw, I dislike the “state of the program” type posts after games. So using this game as some sort of defining moment in Red’s year. Thats crap.

Discussing the game is discussing the game

When they get a big lead and a team comes back, everything is wrong. It never ends. So clear how many of you have never played meaningful sports in your lives

Clearly you haven’t……..because anyone who has would be upset by that near absolute collapse.

A win is important, but when you’re building towards a goal sometimes how you get that win is just as important.

It wasnt just Judah fighting over the screen. I was more talking about Burton constantly beating him off the dribble.
Yeah maybe…seem to remember Bell standing there trying to hedge 90 percent of the time. Don’t remember much Burton 1-1 without a screen

Clearly you haven’t……..because anyone who has would be upset by that near absolute collapse.

A win is important, but when you’re building towards a goal sometimes how you get that win is just as important.
Nah just a division 1 all American in my sport. But thanks for trying me. Wins are wins right now and winning is hard. There’s no way around that. People that have played meaningful sports understand that. That’s my point

Yeah maybe…seem to remember Bell standing there trying to hedge 90 percent of the time. Don’t remember much Burton 1-1 without a screen
There definitely were moments with Burton 1 on 1. Usually Judah didn't fair well and then complained about getting called for a foul afterward. He usually had a point, because Burton is good at drawing contact and then using that to get a call. But, that's Judah's bread and butter, so he shouldn't complain. Although, that one play where Burton pretty much grabbed Judah's arm and got the call on Judah, was questionable at best.

Nah just a division 1 all American in my sport. But thanks for trying me. Wins are wins right now and winning is hard. There’s no way around that. People that have played meaningful sports understand that. That’s my point
Must we attack eachother? A difference of opinion is ok. Let's not call eachother out. Damn, every time.

The final score in this game will have no bearing on whether we make the tournament or not. We need a lot more wins. Probably too many. On the plus side, there were times today that we looked great. No one wants to hear that now of course.
The threes from Shrewsburys kid were daggers and the D was ok. Burton should have been contained.

JB was making a great point that the ACC is gonna get in 6 or so teams and we can be one of them and we’re collapsing and blowing a 30 point lead.

We had an insane scheduling break after UNC win with 5 awful teams and then Clemson rematch. 2/3 is fine but still couldn’t put either of these games away?

We can whine. Or we can go to the hospital to have our hearts looked at. I know I have to.
But a win is a win and it is win number 18. I hope our guys learned a little something today.
It has to do with foot on the...
I know all teams let off the gas up 29… it’s human nature. What happened in the second half was a complete failure to adjust to what ND was doing on offense. That’s on the coaching staff.

The threes from Shrewsburys kid were daggers and the D was ok. Burton should have been contained.

JB was making a great point that the ACC is gonna get in 6 or so teams and we can be one of them and we’re collapsing and blowing a 30 point lead.

We had an insane scheduling break after UNC win with 5 awful teams and then Clemson rematch. 2/3 is fine but still couldn’t put either of these games away?
We're young. We NEED to review film and see what is working and what is not. It seems pretty clear. If our buys can pull together and figure it out, we can win every game we have left. And, we can have a couple wins in the ACC Tournament and get in the NCAA's. But, if they are more concerned about their own numbers, then we'll be lucky to make the NIT.

Watch us make the tourney somehow and people be bitching about why we’re in the play in game.
Welcome to 'Murica 2024. People will complain about EVERYTHING. If you are a positive person, surround yourself with positive people and lift eachother up. Let the rest of the people just dwell in their misery.

Must we attack eachother? A difference of opinion is ok. Let's not call eachother out. Damn, every time.
Both sides are understandable. I mean I get it we were up by 29 and to make it that close was horrendous. It’s not on the kids but the coaches, imho. Anyways I am more interested in bulldogs D1 experience which is awesome. The more insight on this level of play the better as far as I’m concerned as most of us never got there. My wife being one of them as I constantly hear..lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom