we won't stay @ 14 so | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

we won't stay @ 14 so

What baseball team? The Yankees?

hey, beisbol been very goot to Chico...

seriously, baseball is (hopefully), the next big thing...

if it is economically viable I hope you revive the program (just saw the other thread)...

first let me say Welcome!

who do you want for #15 and #16?

I'd love for it to be Syracuse, Pitt AND West Virginia. Wouldn't much care about #16 but would prefer Uconn over Rutgers, LVille or Cincy. Don't really see any other legit choices.

Am I the only one that hopes UConn and RU are completely left out and become part of future CUSA? Could do wonders for our football program. We could always schedule UConn hoops as our Kentucky-Louisville or Kentucky-Indiana. And I'll get over the SU-RU games in any sport without much trouble. In fact, I already am.

Am I the only one that hopes UConn and RU are completely left out and become part of future CUSA? Could do wonders for our football program. We could always schedule UConn hoops as our Kentucky-Louisville or Kentucky-Indiana. And I'll get over the SU-RU games in any sport without much trouble. In fact, I already am.
You are not. Give me WVU and the Ville. Its all about name brands. Rutgers doesn't give that whatsoever.

I don't think the ACC will do anything soon - I hate the Texas/ND thing far all other sports but I would require them if they remain independent that they must play 4-6 games in conference. I dont like the current ND "we will play who we want" screw you attitude in football.

first let me say Welcome!

who do you want for #15 and #16?

I'm thinking UConn, for one. Do not, whatever you do, invite Rutgers. They are the little brother who hangs around, trying to be cool, but ends up picking his nose in front of the hot chick, embarrassing everybody. I know WV is not an option, although I will miss our rivalry with them...and the couch burnings. Whoever it is, they have to be all in (no TX/ND without FB). We'll let you pick #16. I hear BYU is available.

But remember - just say NO. To Rutgers.

I'm thinking UConn, for one. Do not, whatever you do, invite Rutgers. They are the little brother who hangs around, trying to be cool, but ends up picking his nose in front of the hot chick, embarrassing everybody. I know WV is not an option, although I will miss our rivalry with them...and the couch burnings. Whoever it is, they have to be all in (no TX/ND without FB). We'll let you pick #16. I hear BYU is available.

But remember - just say NO. To Rutgers.

WVU separating from Pitt is kind of sad, and I would miss the couch burning as well.

Absolutely not alone. I'd like to see UConn go back to whatever I-AA conference they were in with Villanova, or to the MAC with Temple and Buffalo.

And Rutgers I'd like either to see into the NJAC with Cortland State, Rowan and whomever or better still to some JUCO league so Nassau and Lackawanna can kick the snot bubbles out of them on a regular basis.

The nightmare is Rutgers to the B10, although they'd make Indiana look like a football powerhouse and definitely give the entire league a couple of guaranteed hoops wins.

Aside from unrealistic pics of Penn State & Georgetown,
I'd like to see Villanova (with football) and Uconn.

Absolutely not alone. I'd like to see UConn go back to whatever I-AA conference they were in with Villanova, or to the MAC with Temple and Buffalo.

And Rutgers I'd like either to see into the NJAC with Cortland State, Rowan and whomever or better still to some JUCO league so Nassau and Lackawanna can kick the snot bubbles out of them on a regular basis.

The nightmare is Rutgers to the B10, although they'd make Indiana look like a football powerhouse and definitely give the entire league a couple of guaranteed hoops wins.

I thought UConn football fans were honestly fun and amusing. So many good, improbable things happened to them in a short time, I couldn't blame them for being unrealistic and enthusiastic. Remember when Edsall leaving wasn't a big deal, because they were getting Mike Leach? Good times.

With RU, the word is entitled and less said, the better.

But while we're at it -
F*** this boohooing about Georgetown. I honestly hope they wind up an A-10 also-ran, or like Colgate.

Breaking news: we're not even guaranteed two games against them anymore in this bloated conference.

Yeah, it was a great rivalry, the best, but going forward, we'd call the shots - and what's more dominating than that?

Now that we're on the other side of the looking glass, what would UConn or Rutgers bring to the table to deserve two more slices of the pie?

Nothing.

Texas and Notre Dame are easily the two biggest fish in the pond out there though. There's a lot to be said for not just having them, but keeping them away from other conferences.

Danger in the UT/ND exacta if Texas is required by state politics to drag TTech along.

Now that we're on the other side of the looking glass, what would UConn or Rutgers bring to the table to deserve two more slices of the pie?

Nothing.

For UConn? We aren't Rutgers. Isn't that worth something?

The problem for us is more: what does Pitt bring that we don't? You and I both know darn well how little the city of Pittsburgh cares about Pitt. You made the same jokes about BC for years that you'd make about Pitt. Now you have the two of them in cities that do not care one iota. Pitt does have the history, I suppose, which helps.

How do you think Jamie Dixon feels about all this? He goes to his president to get TCU in the league- his alma mater, which he loves- his president gets them in, and then conspires to kill his alma mater's relevence, and that of almost all his peers? If anything good comes from this for UConn, it's that I now know UConn has a snowball's chance of hiring Jamie Dixon in 3 or 4 years when he realizes he can't get anywhere in the ACC.

Can you blame UConn fans for being a little, uh, disappointed? You get the state to buy in, you spend $125,000,000 on facilities alone, you build a fan base from nothing, and then you get the rug pulled out from under you by your two closest friends in the conference, who you have allied more closely with on more things than any other schools in the last 30 years?

It hurts, guys. Should you give a ? Nah. But I'm not going to apologize for feeling hurt.

Whatever, it's just Business, nothing personal!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd say WVU & UConn. WVU to ACC makes much more sense than the SEC (academics be damned). Much more in common with Pitt, UVA, VPI, and even MD Clemson etc. than anyone in the SEC. Pitt, SU, UConn & WVU are the Big East Conference as far as I'm concerned. Be nice to keep that together. Add BC, VPI, Miami and MD and call it a division. That'd be nice.

Yep. My selfish reason for wanting UConn is because I live in CT. Aside from that it's certainly better for SU to keep them and Rutgers as far from the ACC as possible.

For UConn? We aren't Rutgers. Isn't that worth something?

The problem for us is more: what does Pitt bring that we don't? You and I both know darn well how little the city of Pittsburgh cares about Pitt. You made the same jokes about BC for years that you'd make about Pitt. Now you have the two of them in cities that do not care one iota. Pitt does have the history, I suppose, which helps.

How do you think Jamie Dixon feels about all this? He goes to his president to get TCU in the league- his alma mater, which he loves- his president gets them in, and then conspires to kill his alma mater's relevence, and that of almost all his peers? If anything good comes from this for UConn, it's that I now know UConn has a snowball's chance of hiring Jamie Dixon in 3 or 4 years when he realizes he can't get anywhere in the ACC.

Can you blame UConn fans for being a little, uh, disappointed? You get the state to buy in, you spend $125,000,000 on facilities alone, you build a fan base from nothing, and then you get the rug pulled out from under you by your two closest friends in the conference, who you have allied more closely with on more things than any other schools in the last 30 years?

It hurts, guys. Should you give a ****? Nah. But I'm not going to apologize for feeling hurt.
Honestly I'm torn on Uconn. I want Uconn in my basketball conference, but the fewer relevant northeast FB programs there are, the better it is for SU from a recruiting perspective. But yeah...Pitt over Uconn is a little perplexing to me. Better football tradition sure, but everything else points to Uconn. Unless you are already committed to teh Big 10..

Honestly I'm torn on Uconn. I want Uconn in my basketball conference, but the fewer relevant northeast FB programs there are, the better it is for SU from a recruiting perspective. But yeah...Pitt over Uconn is a little perplexing to me. Better football tradition sure, but everything else points to Uconn. Unless you are already committed to teh Big 10..
It wouldn't surprise me if B.C. convinced the ACC to go after Syracuse and Pitt, while sticking it to UConn. I'm sure they want UConn to return to irrelevance in football. They can be the only BCS team in New England if UConn misses the boat.

You'd have to think UConn is appealing to somebody out there, though. I would be shocked if they were left out in the cold. But for some reason their name hardly gets mentioned anytime somebody talks expansion.

the realignment is all about football, with bball coming in second. SU moving to the ACC will be huge for the football program, starting with recruiting.

WVU and Cincy would be good for both sports.

the realignment is all about football, with bball coming in second. SU moving to the ACC will be huge for the football program, starting with recruiting.

WVU and Cincy would be good for both sports.
Cincy's going to be left out in the cold, along with USF.

The only hope for Cincy is the remnants of the BE and Big 12 form some kind of Big Midwest-East conference.

You'd have to think WVU is bound for the SEC. It makes the most sense.

L'ville might wind up in the SEC if they really need a 16th team, but imo that is a longshot. They are most likely destined for the Big12-BE remnants marriage.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom