Weather for Miami | Syracusefan.com

Weather for Miami

I've seen the weather mentioned in a few threads this week. According to this, it doesn't look all that bad, certainly nothing like WF last year. Pretty much partly cloudy during the game. Hopefully it holds true.

Miami Gardens Hourly Weather - AccuWeather Forecast for FL 33056
looks bad to me --the humidity as you know is awful in florida--that bothers me more than the temps. it says breezy, do you think this may effect the passing??? just curious

I don't think humidity will bother us. The dome is hot as hell during semi warm day. They haven't played at our pace yet. I wanna see how that works out. Says no rain, but it's Florida so u never know.

I live in South Florida and the weather will be fine. The wind may be a slight factor for both teams with some passing showers. I feel the field will play the biggest role regarding cutting.

I don't think humidity will bother us. The dome is hot as hell during semi warm day. They haven't played at our pace yet. I wanna see how that works out. Says no rain, but it's Florida so u never know.

Things to keep in mind...

Humidity can bother us. Yes we play in a dome but it's been chilly here all week. Tough to simulate heat and impossible to simulate humidity in practice. LSU game helps but that was a month ago.

Also they have played at our pace. Toledo put up 88 plays against Miami. Again that was a few weeks ago and we are night and day different from GT but they've played an uptempo team, just not with as much skill

If I know anything from living in Miami for a bit, it'll start out nice/humid, it'll rain hard for about 20 minutes, then be extremely humid again.

We played against Duke who ran 89 plays and Toledo who ran 82 plays

If I know anything from living in Miami for a bit, it'll start out nice/humid, it'll rain hard for about 20 minutes, then be extremely humid again.
God it gets worse...you would like to think it would cool down but it only makes it worse.

last time we played USF down there the coaches and players said the heat was a factor.

As long as it's not pouring rain, we should be happy

I live in South Florida and the weather will be fine. The wind may be a slight factor for both teams with some passing showers. I feel the field will play the biggest role regarding cutting.

Good for us then, as we generally just run straight ahead.

looks bad to me --the humidity as you know is awful in florida--that bothers me more than the temps. it says breezy, do you think this may effect the passing??? just curious
I was more concerned about the chance for heavy rain and the condition of the field. Everything else we should deal with just fine.

Our strategy throughout the season has been to rely on our conditioning and wear down the opposing team. I don't see that changing tomorrow. Edinger is the secret weapon. Just think how much of an upgrade the program has made at S&C Coach.

I live down here...we'll probably have some spot of heavy rain, maybe even a 15-30 min lightning delay or two. But for the most part should be decent weather. It's not insanely humid like it is in the summer. Shouldn't really effect our team with the conditioning they have now. Field might be ca-ca though.

I was only worried about the footing with the crappy field. Hoping the newly installed turf holds, we’ll be fine.

A little rain might help our D (limit Miami's speed advantage), but make it harder for us on offense because completing passes will be harder and our running game is not exactly world-class. UM is in a better position to adapt by running more. We'll see. We're on a roll.

A little rain might help our D (limit Miami's speed advantage), but make it harder for us on offense because completing passes will be harder and our running game is not exactly world-class. UM is in a better position to adapt by running more. We'll see. We're on a roll.
I guess we'll see how this plays out but "windless" rain favors a passing offense. WRs know where they are going.. The DB's do not and it's much more difficult to cut on a sloppy field.

I live down here...we'll probably have some spot of heavy rain, maybe even a 15-30 min lightning delay or two. But for the most part should be decent weather. It's not insanely humid like it is in the summer. Shouldn't really effect our team with the conditioning they have now. Field might be ca-ca though.
Absolutely. It's the end of October. The level of humidity isn't the same as in the summer months.

I find it ironic it's almost unanimous (not directing at you) that rain would hurt Syracuse more. Typically, it's the team that has a speed DISadvantage that is hoping for bad conditions to help negate the other teams speed. I think everybody would agree Miami is the more talented team, with the better speed, so I think it could actually help us. This isn't like last year vs WF when it worked against us. As long as it's not windy I don't think the rain will hurt us. It could probably even help us defensively.