Weather Update | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Weather Update

We live on Brantingham Lake. It’s just inside the Adirondack Park between Lowville and Boonville. We moved from Camillus a year and a half ago after we retired. It’s not a bad trip. It’s about 1:45 to the Dome. Everyone up here are SU fans. We drive down for all football and basketball games.

Keep safe all of you heading out to the game today. I remember driving through some pretty intense winter weather when I lived up that way and was a season ticket holder. Never missed a game. Today I doubt I'd drive up to Albany to see the Orange play Siena if we were getting more than 6" of the white stuff. Gotta admire you guys.

Pete Sala is not going to leave the Dome until tomorrow afternoon. He always is vigilant during the storms because the snow could hurt the roof.
I wouldn't think this storm has him terribly worried. 18" is really not much for Syracuse.

THis is kind of creepy - watching the Exit 46 cam I feel like I'm seeing an accident...wait, it looks like the truck got back into traffic off the guard rails! This is exciting stuff.
wow creepy is right in that holy geez we really do live in a surveillance state!

Can’t really have a Camaro in the Cuse

I just talked to my parents in Mattydale. They are prepared but not looking forward to it. My dad says he will make the trek to his living room and watch the game.

I can honestly say I do not miss the snow, cold, ice, etc. Be safe. If you have to think long and hard about the drive, stay home. Yes, we will complain because you don't show, but we would much rather have you at the rest of the games as opposed to this being your last game.

We live on Brantingham Lake. It’s just inside the Adirondack Park between Lowville and Boonville. We moved from Camillus a year and a half ago after we retired. It’s not a bad trip. It’s about 1:45 to the Dome. Everyone up here are SU fans. We drive down for all football and basketball games.
You didn't happen to buy a place from a couple who lives in Albany did you?

I just talked to my parents in Mattydale. They are prepared but not looking forward to it. My dad says he will make the trek to his living room and watch the game.

I can honestly say I do not miss the snow, cold, ice, etc. Be safe. If you have to think long and hard about the drive, stay home. Yes, we will complain because you don't show, but we would much rather have you at the rest of the games as opposed to this being your last game.

Completely agree. I had tickets for my mother and I against Clemson and she decided last minute not to come because the roads from Skaneateles were awful. It’s always better to be safe than sorry.

Light dusting
1547921608221.gif

Was hoping we could build off the Duke victory and get a good crowd today but certainly not going to blame anyone for staying safe. We got an ice storm in Kansas and I'm not going anywhere.

You didn't happen to buy a place from a couple who lives in Albany did you?
No. We bought in Sept. 2015 and last year we tore it completely down and built a new home. We moved in last April.

Unfortunately I had to eat the cost of my ticket and stay home today. I live in the area that’s supposed to get up to 2 feet today. Stay safe everyone, absolutely bummed I’m not with you!

so far underwhelmed with this "storm"

I’m more dreading the ridiculously cold temperatures on Monday.

After it snowed enough in one day to be above my waist last March, this snow seems like a little dusting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom