Wed roll call | Syracusefan.com

Wed roll call

nycfan

2nd String
And since there is no "home base" bar established yet like Blarney Rock was, what are people thinking for pre-game and the post-game victory celebration? McMahon's was great for South Carolina, and is only a block and a half from the Barclays Center. But I saw a tweet from the local alumni club "Big Apple Orange" that Dinosaur BBQ is going to be the Orange headquarters for the tourney. Only drawback is that Dino is about 10 blocks from Barclays.

Is it possible to just get a ticket to our game? I assume not.

Is it possible to just get a ticket to our game? I assume not.

Tickets are dirt cheap on Stubhub (got mine for 10 bucks including fees) and it gets you the Syracuse game and the 230 game immediately following.

Nice. They definitely are cheap. May just drive down, watch the game, and come back.

Why such low demand for tix?

Maybe because this is the mid-week opening round and Syracuse & BC are the only ACC schools within about 250 miles of Brooklyn.
ACC fans must not be traveling to these games in very big numbers. UNC and Duke are big draws at MSG. Surprised at this.

ACC fans must not be traveling to these games in very big numbers. UNC and Duke are big draws at MSG. Surprised at this.

Sparse crowds were always the case at MSG on the Tuesday/Wednesday noon sessions. No doubt things will pick up as we get into Thursday/Friday. And for anyone who hasn't watched a game at Barclays, its really a tremendous bball venue. Great sight lines.

Verizon Center was half empty on Wed last year for our tip.

These fans seem pretty industrious about dumping tickets they don't use.

They're waiting for the later rounds. The lowest stubhub price for Thursday afternoon (UNC vs. Cuse/Miami, L'ville vs. most likely Duke) is $31. The lowest price for Friday's semi-finals is $95.

And since there is no "home base" bar established yet like Blarney Rock was, what are people thinking for pre-game and the post-game victory celebration? McMahon's was great for South Carolina, and is only a block and a half from the Barclays Center. But I saw a tweet from the local alumni club "Big Apple Orange" that Dinosaur BBQ is going to be the Orange headquarters for the tourney. Only drawback is that Dino is about 10 blocks from Barclays.

McMahon's.

A lot closer than Dinosaur.

I wanted to go Weds but had a meeting pop up for work. Would it be worth buying tickets for Thursday today or waiting until Weds afternoon? Not sure how elastic the price of tickets are with the tournaments. Thursday is going for $30 right now. Or should I wait to make sure we win first?

I wanted to go Weds but had a meeting pop up for work. Would it be worth buying tickets for Thursday today or waiting until Weds afternoon? Not sure how elastic the price of tickets are with the tournaments. Thursday is going for $30 right now. Or should I wait to make sure we win first?
I think you have to calculate the proper risk/reward trade off. If we win tomorrow, the tickets will certainly go up in price. If you are OK spending $30 now to avoid spending $75 later, it's a good tradeoff. The other wildcard would be other upsets, but think Cuse fans are driving the price until we get to Friday/Saturday. If you are Duke/NC/Lousiville fan, you are probably more focused on Friday/Saturday.

$6 for a ticket to a Cuse game?

I wonder how much they will be paying people to watch the NCST game?

Tickets are getting snapped up fast for Wednesday. Looks like upper deck half court you can get for $30/ticket

4 buddies and I will be whipping in from the 585 Wednesday AM. Got lower level seats for about $45 so not a bad deal. Going to be a fun roadie with the fellas win or lose. Look out for the #NSTB (No Sleep Till Brooklyn) on the bird lol! Let's Go Orange!!!

My flight lands tomorrow morning at 8am. Just in time for some wings and ribs at Dino before the game. Looking forward to seeing some familiar faces from the board this weekend. If we can manage to escape the game against Miami, the Thursday morning session is shaping up to be unbelievable (Cuse/UNC, Louisville/Duke). Never been to Barclay's, but have heard really great things. This is always my favorite weekend of the year. Hopefully we have a better showing than we've had recently.

Does anyone know of good (Cheaper :)) hotels to stay at near the stadium?