Week 0-1 ACC/FBS Games for Aug 24 - Sept 2 | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Week 0-1 ACC/FBS Games for Aug 24 - Sept 2

SMU made a good comeback and ended up winning

I made good money on Nevada and GT yesterday had them both as well as a three team that's still open.
Nevada brought in a ton of new players and I like their coaching staff. I got the game at 26.5 which seemed fat for an opener on the road.
GT I took both ways. Straight up and with points which I got at 12.5.
SMU is talented but I don't see them holding up physically over the course of a full ACC schedule. I think they finish around 500.

DJU seems like one of, if not the most, overrated player in modern history. Dude just doesn't have it and keeps getting brought into elite schools simply on potential.
I wouldn't call Oregon St an elite school and FSU brought him in because they think he has a high floor and could manage games to wins not because of anything to do with potential.

DJU seems like one of, if not the most, overrated player in modern history. Dude just doesn't have it and keeps getting brought into elite schools simply on potential.
He was solid last year for Oregon State (21 TDs, 7 INTs, 2600 yards, ranked in the Top 20 all season), but obviously Clemson before that was a challenge and now who knows what to expect at FSU. One thing for certain is that with a 12 team field, one early loss doesn't come close to destroying your chances.

So if BC beats FSU, which they may very well with Doug and Bob running the show, do the wheels fall off in Tallahassee?
I was thinking the same thing. It is possible that BC beats FSU as O’Brian saw the blueprint on how to beat them yesterday. FSU will be in complete and utter meltdown mode if they lose again this weekend. Karma

Last edited:
I’m thinking strongly about taking Akron (+50.5) vs. Ohio State. Obviously the Buckeyes will win, but by 51 points? I don’t see it.

Anybody agree/disagree?
Well, the last time they played, it was 59-7. I'd pass.

I’m thinking strongly about taking Akron (+50.5) vs. Ohio State. Obviously the Buckeyes will win, but by 51 points? I don’t see it.

Anybody agree/disagree?
That was my thought process in taking Delaware state +40.5, knew Hawaii was going to win but didn’t think it would be by 40 plus. Paid off. Obviously OSU is a different animal and could name the score against Akron so it’s an interesting spot.

Anybody agree/disagree?
I thought about taking the same line. Obviously, Ohio St is going to win, but they've lost quite a few pieces on offense from last year. I could see it being a 49-7 type game.

I know my Miami friends are giddy today.
They won’t be giddy for too long once they see Cam Ward isn’t the savior they are expecting. Most of his numbers came against the worst of the worst pass defenses:

Colorado State - 108th
Wisconsin - 39th
Northern Colorado - FBS
Oregon State 83rd
UCLA - 61st
Arizona - 91st
Oregon - 54th
Arizona State - 123rd
Stanford - 133rd
California - 131st
Colorado - 127th
Washington - 120th

Although it’s not an apples to apples comparison with roster/coaching changes, here are last year’s pass defense rankings of teams Miami will face this year:

Florida - 70th
FAMU - FBS
Ball State - 33rd
South Florida - 132nd
Virginia Tech - 4th
California - 131st
Louisville - 57th
Florida State - 11th
Duke - 41st
Georgia Tech - 53rd
Wake Forest - 78th
Syracuse - 79th

Taking away the total yards (as he threw 152 more passes), he and Tyler Van Dyke have somewhat similar numbers:

Ward (Avg. Pass Defense - #97)
66.6% - 7.7 y/a - 25 TDs - 7 INT - 145.4 rating
12 Fumbles - 8 Lost (31 Career Fumbles w/ 14 lost)

Van Dyke (Avg. Pass Defense #52)
65.8% - 8.1 y/a - 19 TDs - 12 INT - 145.6 rating
3 Fumbles - 2 Lost (7 Career Fumbles w/ 5 lost)

They won’t be giddy for too long once they see Cam Ward isn’t the savior they are expecting. Most of his numbers came against the worst of the worst pass defenses:

Colorado State - 108th
Wisconsin - 39th
Northern Colorado - FBS
Oregon State 83rd
UCLA - 61st
Arizona - 91st
Oregon - 54th
Arizona State - 123rd
Stanford - 133rd
California - 131st
Colorado - 127th
Washington - 120th

Although it’s not an apples to apples comparison with roster/coaching changes, here are last year’s pass defense rankings of teams Miami will face this year:

Florida - 70th
FAMU - FBS
Ball State - 33rd
South Florida - 132nd
Virginia Tech - 4th
California - 131st
Louisville - 57th
Florida State - 11th
Duke - 41st
Georgia Tech - 53rd
Wake Forest - 78th
Syracuse - 79th

Taking away the total yards (as he threw 152 more passes), he and Tyler Van Dyke have somewhat similar numbers:

Ward (Avg. Pass Defense - #97)
66.6% - 7.7 y/a - 25 TDs - 7 INT - 145.4 rating
12 Fumbles - 8 Lost (31 Career Fumbles w/ 14 lost)

Van Dyke (Avg. Pass Defense #52)
65.8% - 8.1 y/a - 19 TDs - 12 INT - 145.6 rating
3 Fumbles - 2 Lost (7 Career Fumbles w/ 5 lost)
That's the analysis that gets to the root of it

Nice work

GV8v3CXXUAAjNux

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DolphinDad

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors