Week 14 FBS Games for Dec 2-3 | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Week 14 FBS Games for Dec 2-3

Did someone post about DJU hitting the portal? Because after that half and Dabo’s halftime interview… that would make a lot of sense.
Heavy rumors, tons of smoke. Nothing official til he announces it formally but virtually all of twitter is talking about it as if it’s a done deal.

If Alabama gets into the playoff I’m done, it’s no longer fun when it’s one giant corporate parade. That’s exactly why I rarely watch the nfl if at al anymore.

If Alabama gets into the playoff I’m done, it’s no longer fun when it’s one giant corporate parade. That’s exactly why I rarely watch the nfl if at al anymore.
Me too. 100% done. But I will still watch it all. So...

Me too. 100% done. But I will still watch it all. So...

It is pretty easy for the committee to have TCU ahead. 11 P5s and 10-1 record vs 9 P5 games and 7-2. Bama's best win is a nail biter at Texas, who TCU handled easily.

How is that the only camera angle at the goal line? I think that guy dropped it before he got in

The ball was still moving when the UGA player picked it up. It was a live ball. If he hadn't picked it up then it would have been UGA's ball on the 6, just like a downed punt.
no it would have been at the lOS of the kick unless he touched it..

You can make an argument that Clemson should jump Bama, Nick. You only played 9 P5 games and had only 7 P5 Ws. Clemson played 11 and had 9 Ws. You want to be taken seriously stop playing a FCS team week 12 and stop only playing 9 P5 games a year when others are playing 10.

You can make an argument that Clemson should jump Bama, Nick. You only played 9 P5 games and had only 7 P5 Ws. Clemson played 11 and had 9 Ws. You want to be taken seriously stop playing a FCS team week 12 and stop only playing 9 P5 games a year when others are playing 10.
Yeah Nick made the argument that they won their last 3 games and are playing so well. Um two of those games were Austin Peay and a lame duck 5-6 Auburn. Great winning streak

I get the criticism of Bama but Clemson played in a weak league and was very unimpressive this year. If they had started Klubnik from the outset things would have gone better. But with DJU I'm not sure they should be thought of as a top ten team. UNC played terribly down the stretch so routing them isn't impressing anybody.

no it would have been at the lOS of the kick unless he touched it..
No. The rules guy on the broadcast team said it essentially was just like a partially blocked punt (he described it as a "kick from scrimmage"). A missed FG try only goes back to the LOS (or the 20 yard line) if it goes into the end zone and the Georgia player picked it up on the 5. LSU could have run over and downed it or if the ball stopped moving and the refs blew the whistle to end the play, it would have been Georgia's ball on the 5. The ball was not going to be placed back at the LOS or on the 20.

Last edited:
There's such high potential for really stupid thinking.

Running some errands last night, listened to the aCC championship on the radio, and the one announcer said he thinks the committee doesn't want to put conference chip losers into the playoff because it's a bad look for a team to have a loss right before the playoff. He believes a conference championship loss eliminates a team.

So the other guy then asked something along the lines of so who do you take from Clemson, K-State and Utah and the first guy says that's not what I'm saying either, and says you then go to who you think your next best teams are, which are Ohio State and Alabama. So the second guy says, wait, so the teams with the weaker body of work that couldn't even qualify for their conference championship are more worthy of the playoffs than a team that earned an extra challenging game on their schedule? And guy one said, yup, that's how bad a late loss is, body of work doesn't matter overall.

If that's actually the thinking, college football is washed.

Running some errands last night, listened to the aCC championship on the radio, and the one announcer said he thinks the committee doesn't want to put conference chip losers into the playoff because it's a bad look for a team to have a loss right before the playoff. He believes a conference championship loss eliminates a team.

So the other guy then asked something along the lines of so who do you take from Clemson, K-State and Utah and the first guy says that's not what I'm saying either, and says you then go to who you think your next best teams are, which are Ohio State and Alabama. So the second guy says, wait, so the teams with the weaker body of work that couldn't even qualify for their conference championship are more worthy of the playoffs than a team that earned an extra challenging game on their schedule? And guy one said, yup, that's how bad a late loss is, body of work doesn't matter overall.

guy one is a moron

That's just Bizarro thinking.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom