Week 3 Quick and Dirty Power Rankings | Syracusefan.com

Week 3 Quick and Dirty Power Rankings

GoSU96

Living Legend
1537099550922.png

This is a consistently good indicator of where teams are relative to each other. The numbers on the left are national ranking.

The last time SU was 3-0, I cautioned that if they didn't get better they weren't likely to win many more games. People didn't take that message well.

Right now SU is looking like a 7 or 8 win team based on these numbers. Not close to 2012, but in line with 2010, better than 2013.

Another VERY positive note is that SU is 17th in scoring offense, 48th in scoring defense, well ahead of the total yardage rankings, that hasn't happened since at least the McNabb years. SU is 16th in average margin of victory, +29pts per game

Last edited:
Not familiar enough with this to give any serious counter-point, but it's I have to take this with a grain of salt seeing GTech up there so high.

View attachment 139187
This is a consistently good indicator of where teams are relative to each other. The numbers on the left are national ranking.

The last time SU was 3-0, I cautioned that if they didn't get better they weren't likely to win many more games. People didn't take that message well.

Right now SU is looking like a 7 or 8 win team based on these numbers. Not close to 2012, but in line with 2010, better than 2013.

Another VERY positive note is that SU is 17th in scoring offense, 48th in scoring defense, well ahead of the total yardage rankings, that hasn't happened since at least the McNabb years. SU is 16th in average margin of victory, +29pts per game

Where’s this from? It’s got a couple of strange rankings. WMU is way to high. Louisville is not that bad.

Interesting, for sure.

Where’s this from? It’s got a couple of strange rankings. WMU is way to high. Louisville is not that bad.

Interesting, for sure.

It's just combining total offense and total defense and then sorting. Lville is 120th in total offense and 82nd in total defense, from a yardage perspective they are that bad.

It's just combining total offense and total defense and then sorting. Lville is 120th in total offense and 82nd in total defense, from a yardage perspective they are that bad.

That makes sense. Lots of ways to sort this kind of thing.

Ville is interesting. Against Alabama, everyone expected what happened - but they’ve looked worse vs lesser teams since

Not familiar enough with this to give any serious counter-point, but it's I have to take this with a grain of salt seeing GTech up there so high.
Yeah, didn’t GT JUST lose to Pitt? And I know that cab isn’t transitive, but ND beat M, which blew out WMU. I don’t see WMU being > ND. And lastly, saying UConn > FSU is a joke, even if FSU is down.

I’m throwing a BS flag on these rankings...

...And from a school color perspective, Clemson is a train wreck (faded Auburn colors ... really?!), but that’s clearly not a good indicator of the school’s athletic prowess on the football field.

I can't take this at all seriously when G-Tech loses to a pretty bad-mediocre Pitt team, and is ranked 11th...whah?
And I hate ND as much as eveyone else, but they're ranked 88th?

I can't take this at all seriously when G-Tech loses to a pretty bad-mediocre Pitt team, and is ranked 11th...whah?
And I hate ND as much as eveyone else, but they're ranked 88th?

Like I said, quick and dirty. All it does is some total yardage performance on offense and defense.

It's a pretty good indicator of relative strenght. Obviously schedules are imbalanced at this time of year so that has an impact. It's also a good high level predictor of a range of wins.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom