Week 3 Uniform for CMU | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Week 3 Uniform for CMU

I hope we wear the gray uniforms for LSU. People may not think it's Syracuse getting steamrolled.

Further we get away from Jake Crouthamel the further i realize he was the reason SU FOOTBALL had a nice run in 80s/90s. I feel like he's maligned for last 3-5 years vs his entire body of work. Maybe I'm a sucker for a guy on the cape

Does that apply to you also? Because I would almost guarantee you're in the top 5 for most comments in these threads.

Absolutely. I own it.

It's a horrible part of my past and frankly I'm ashamed. Deep regrets. That and sticking up for McF***it for a year make it hard to look in the mirror. I'd like to think I'm making amends by posting gifs in uni threads. But I know it's a scar that just won't heal.

I hope we wear the gray uniforms for LSU. People may not think it's Syracuse getting steamrolled.

Further we get away from Jake Crouthamel the further i realize he was the reason SU FOOTBALL had a nice run in 80s/90s. I feel like he's maligned for last 3-5 years vs his entire body of work. Maybe I'm a sucker for a guy on the cape

8555436_web1_1003984750-nv_lvrj-liberace-1-11.jpg

Hey, if you like a guy with a cape, you go for it. Not that there's anything wrong with it.:rolleyes:

Absolutely. I own it.

It's a horrible part of my past and frankly I'm ashamed. Deep regrets. That and sticking up for McF***it for a year make it hard to look in the mirror. I'd like to think I'm making amends by posting gifs in uni threads. But I know it's a scar that just won't heal.

It's fine. I hope my comment came across with the humor it was intended.

It's fine. I hope my comment came across with the humor it was intended.

I feel like everyone who is posting regularly on the board has the skin to take the jokes, whatever way they are directed. There was times in the past where the Tristans of the world weren't joking but just throwing bombs to get reactions that would edge him closer to banishment.

Jake was definitely the captain of that ship.

Unfortunately, the sport changed, in terms of $$$, fundraising, investments into the program, etc. And I think he'd even tell you he wasn't the right guy for the job once that era kicked off.

Why do they use a shade of orange for these jerseys that looks like something that was left out in the sun and faded? Didn't they agree a few years ago on the official shade of orange ( a certain Pantone? or whatever it's called).

I finally get my wish of an orange jersey after many years and then its this drab dull iteration :(

Unfortunately, the sport changed, in terms of $$$, fundraising, investments into the program, etc. And I think he'd even tell you he wasn't the right guy for the job once that era kicked off.

Oh absolutely. He got out when he should have. He was an old guard type who dominated amongst those old guarders for sure. I don't think the fanbase of SU knows what they had in Jake and how he positioned Syracuse football/basketball for 80s/90s though.

My experience w him personally was always funny b/c he was the most cantankerous chain smoking SOB i've met. But the guy was a football coach at heart and knew what it took at SU to win. His two hires (Mac and P) exemplified that.

The grays are extinct. Just like our punt return game.

The grays were confiscated by the university after a student group complained that they could suggest support for the Confederacy.

Activists threatened a student boycott of SU home games.

One intrepid administrator pointed out that students already appeared to be boycotting SU football, but he was quickly shouted down and labeled an "ist."

Amateur hour. We can't do anything correctly.

What would happen if Ohio State wore silver bottoms with red tops and red helmets? Or what if ND wore blue pants with gold tops and helmets? Exactly, it would never happen. The BOT would've fired the entire administration.
Oops. Here's Terrelle Prior.
upload_2017-9-15_18-21-33.png

Oops. Here's Terrelle Prior. View attachment 109931

Perfect response! 4 years of the same complaints about the uniforms. Obviously they aren't changing back to 2012 or 1987 uni's sheesh. The individuals that actually have to put the uniforms on seem to actually like them, so it works for me!!

Perfect response! 4 years of the same complaints about the uniforms. Obviously they aren't changing back to 2012 or 1987 uni's sheesh. The individuals that actually have to put the uniforms on seem to actually like them, so it works for me!!

I just think the traditional color scheme and branding of a university is more important than whatever flavor of the month style a 19 year old likes.

I just think the traditional color scheme and branding of a university is more important than whatever flavor of the month style a 19 year old likes.

Can't. Not. Post.

There was no branding, unless you mean the dome or the "SJ"... the new "S" is fine and probably the one we should have had since the name switch. The color scheme looks better now. The old orange was faded and more dull, the blue wasn't as dark. There's nothing wrong with the color scheme.

Lose the 44 degree weird lines, bring back some stripes, and get rid of the font numbers. Basically Nassib era with these colors and chrome always orange helmet. I'd bet that would catch more of the players/old farts Venn diagram.

Done.

There's much resistance in change! Not many traditional teams left man. Keep fighting the good fight though, I enjoy the complaints each week on this board. No ones listening

I'm not sure he would.

Jake saw the future.

He had us in the ACC in 2003.

He was/is one sharp dude.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online