Week 7 Depth Chart / Injury Updates for NC State | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Week 7 Depth Chart / Injury Updates for NC State

We all went through four years of gut wrenching will Eric Dungey play this week scenarios and we all survived. We will survive this too. For all of us that played this game we love, we know that injuries are part of the game and that when they hit, you have to play with who is left. As fans, all we can do is hope that the next man up picks it up and does his job. Here is to the health bug biting Syracuse University Football and to a victory on Thursday night. Go Orange!!!!!!!!!

We all went through four years of gut wrenching will Eric Dungey play this week scenarios and we all survived. We will survive this too. For all of us that played this game we love, we know that injuries are part of the game and that when they hit, you have to play with who is left. As fans, all we can do is hope that the next man up picks it up and does his job. Here is to the health bug biting Syracuse University Football and to a victory on Thursday night. Go Orange!!!!
There’s a difference between hurt and injured.

Apparently we have a lot of injuries.

Except likely the leftover SS recruits, those guys are all likely just hurt if that. It’s the type of player he recruited.

If I was a coach I’d prob be vague too or lie (not saying DB lied).

In normal circumstances I’d do one thing myself then blast someone else for doing it. But I just can’t blame DB for anything he says about injuries.

Now if he says after the game Thursday we didn’t have game tape, I’m going to go ballistic.

LOL yes.
All four of them have Tendinitis. 1 upper which is usually Chronic. 3 lower lateral tendonitis which is treatable but susceptible to misdiagnosis by General practitioners.

Cisco got hurt in the Clemson game. Saw it happen. Looked like a muscle pull to me.

Anyway our usual board "experts" told me that the depth chart would change after the bye. Looks like they were wrong as usual.

Cisco got hurt in the Clemson game. Saw it happen. Looked like a muscle pull to me.

Anyway our usual board "experts" told me that the depth chart would change after the bye. Looks like they were wrong as usual.

the released depth chart is just what we finished the last game as

All four of them have Tendinitis. 1 upper which is usually Chronic. 3 lower lateral tendonitis which is treatable but susceptible to misdiagnosis by General practitioners.
So are we to believe you're an orthopedist with inside information? Up until this point you were speculating and wringing your hands about the injuries. I'm calling bs.
Whether or not tendinitis is chronic isn't due to the location but how long it persisted before treatment and how well it responds to treatment. I've had tendinitis in both elbows and both shoulders. It lasted longest in my right elbow because I didn't treat it as early and I didn't curtail my activities enough. None of them were chronic. Am I a physical anomaly or are you full of it? I know where I'd put my money if I were a betting man.

So are we to believe you're an orthopedist with inside information? Up until this point you were speculating and wringing your hands about the injuries. I'm calling bs.
Whether or not tendinitis is chronic isn't due to the location but how long it persisted before treatment and how well it responds to treatment. I've had tendinitis in both elbows and both shoulders. It lasted longest in my right elbow because I didn't treat it as early and I didn't curtail my activities enough. None of them were chronic. Am I a physical anomaly or are you full of it? I know where I'd put my money if I were a betting man.
Its called a joke.

Now if he says after the game Thursday we didn’t have game tape, I’m going to go ballistic.
I hate to say it but I already heard something similar to this on the K-Rock morning show today. Josh was talking to Dino, I only caught part of what was being said but Dino was lamenting the fact they are starting a new QB against us and he didn't have tape on him. Thinks it's becoming a trend. I'm sure it was said tongue in cheek but at the same time he wasn't afraid to put it out there either so it's clearly lingering in his brain.

I hate to say it but I already heard something similar to this on the K-Rock morning show today. Josh was talking to Dino, I only caught part of what was being said but Dino was lamenting the fact they are starting a new QB against us and he didn't have tape on him. Thinks it's becoming a trend. I'm sure it was said tongue in cheek but at the same time he wasn't afraid to put it out there either so it's clearly lingering in his brain.

alternative theory: it's true that having less tape on a team or a player or a coordinator makes it harder to prepare and he's just being honest

alternative theory: it's true that having less tape on a team or a player or a coordinator makes it harder to prepare and he's just being honest

Well, Dino certainly is adept at "managing expectations."

Its foolish to think that not seeing how someone reacts to certain things does not help.. if you have no film and you think well i will just send pressure and then you find out, wow he is a mad scrambler. maybe he reads D well so you need to only send pressure a certain way. or it can be the opposite, he never rolls left..

if film didnt matter they wouldnt spend so much time watching it.. look at the NFL dudes, even the oline is working the Surface over between series..

Just because the avg fan never really looks at plays in depth doesnt mean its not a big deal

Holy Jeeeeez.....
You guys hiding a little angst over this game and trying to overcompensate? Somebody made a comment about the film stuff. I reply by saying that it was already mentioned on publicly accessible interview this morning. And just like 1,2,3 you guys come in here running to defend Dino. Oh and I get that not having tape might complicate things but it shouldn't lead to a massive blowout either. Backup qbs get put in games all the time, opposing DCs don't have any tape, and it doesn't suddenly lead to their team getting killed. Tape helps. So does better tackling, more pressure on opposing QBs, etc.

Holy Jeeeeez...
You guys hiding a little angst over this game and trying to overcompensate? Somebody made a comment about the film stuff. I reply by saying that it was already mentioned on publicly accessible interview this morning. And just like 1,2,3 you guys come in here running to defend Dino. Oh and I get that not having tape might complicate things but it shouldn't lead to a massive blowout either. Backup qbs get put in games all the time, opposing DCs don't have any tape, and it doesn't suddenly lead to their team getting killed. Tape helps. So does better tackling, more pressure on opposing QBs, etc.

I know it isn't 100% of the time, but don't you think that exact situation is why Tommy had so much success against UNC last year throwing the ball deep? They certainly would not have had to scheme for Eric's deep ball the way they would Tommy. But I do agree that the no tape excuse for the Maryland debacle was not making me feel any better after that beat down.

I know it isn't 100% of the time, but don't you think that exact situation is why Tommy had so much success against UNC last year throwing the ball deep? They certainly would not have had to scheme for Eric's deep ball the way they would Tommy. But I do agree that the no tape excuse for the Maryland debacle was not making me feel any better after that beat down.
I think if this led to any kind of regular success then coaches would be trying to pull rope a dopes on every opposing DC every week. I mean why not just throw Culpepper in there Thurs night to cancel out the whole no tape thing if it has such a major impact on a game.

I think if this led to any kind of regular success then coaches would be trying to pull rope a dopes on every opposing DC every week. I mean why not just throw Culpepper in there Thurs night to cancel out the whole no tape thing if it has such a major impact on a game.

True, I would guess we (as is the case with most schools) do not have a backup QB with a skill that our starter may not be as adept at. But I would guess that any DC would rather have tape than not have tape on a QB, where they make their salary is not allowing that major impact to last longer than the first few series. Adjust on the fly.

it seems likely that he just got updates from doctors before the monday presser and was pissed off at the results. In a short week they cant take chances.

it seems likely that he just got updates from doctors before the monday presser and was pissed off at the results. In a short week they cant take chances.
or he knows the reporters will ask on injuries so he strategically doesnt get updates until after the weekly presser

or he knows the reporters will ask on injuries so he strategically doesnt get updates until after the weekly presser
Or maybe he didn't get his fried noodles. We'll see tomorrow!

Well, Dino stated that the QB is very accurate but is a pocket passer. With that knowledge and knowing what they have in offense as far as WRs, RBs and TEs, you can gameplan under the assumption that if he has time, he will get the ball to an open receiver. I don't think NCSU will change schemes to a triple option or something else radically different. It's not rocket science. And he's the 3rd string QB for crying out loud, not a new transfer, so there shouldn't be a need to overcomplicate things.

I'm sorry but I am getting very annoyed with Dino and the injuries. Feel like he actually a) has no clue or b) is just blatantly lying to us. Didn't all signs point to Cisco and Meli being back affter the bye. Now they might not be back until the final 4 games. What?

He is always blatantly lying about most information. Marrone was just as shady.

It is what it is.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom