Week 7 Uniforms for NC State | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Week 7 Uniforms for NC State

I mean, who even are those guys? What team is that?!

I suspect that most ND fans would object to an all green look - or an all blue look.

ND wears its traditional uniform nearly every week.

Once in awhile the school breaks out a gimmick uniform - the awful uniform worn during our game in Yankee Stadium.

My ND friends with whom I attended that game, didn't like those pinstripe uniforms at all.

The would have preferred the traditional gold-blue-gold look.

Understood.

But OU and OSU and ND and LSU do not wear a different uniform every week.

They all typically wear their traditional uniforms.

On occasion they will break out a funky uniform, but for the most part they stick to the brand.

I would be fine with that.

But that is not what we do.

I don't like white helmets. If we stuck to the orange helmet I'd be fine with the rest.

The rest of it, numbers, helmet stripe, piping, etc look really good.

In my day we didn’t have newfangled things like colors. The team wore whatever Ben told them to wear. It may have been orange but who could tell because it was always raining in Archbold. If a player ran out of bounds he crashed head first into a concrete wall and after he was finished throwing up he forgot who he was for the next eight plays. I don’t think he much cared about what his uniform looked like.
It was glorious, I tell you. Rain soaked vomiting players wearing something or other for uniforms and running the scissors play for no gain on 4th and 35. What a time to be alive.

In my day we didn’t have newfangled things like colors. The team wore whatever Ben told them to wear. It may have been orange but who could tell because it was always raining in Archbold. If a player ran out of bounds he crashed head first into a concrete wall and after he was finished throwing up he forgot who he was for the next eight plays. I don’t think he much cared about what his uniform looked like.
It was glorious, I tell you. Rain soaked vomiting players wearing something or other for uniforms and running the scissors play for no gain on 4th and 35. What a time to be alive.

Lock the thread, we have a winner.

I laughed so hard. This is a work of art.

Jumped into this thread today and read all the way down the first page. Saw there were 4 pages in all. Told myself, “nope, not going to do the next 3 pages.”

Well, I did just the opposite and I’m glad.

Syracusefan uniform threads are the greatest.

And to the point... the all Orange a couple times a year is fantastic.

I'm standing on my desk cheering. Thank you.

Not awesome.

A long damn way from awesome.

Those were, “wait honey, you’re not ACTUALLY wearing that” unis.

A sad episode best forgotten — and quickly.
Why would you want to forget? Remember we beat #17 Va Tech wearing those, they're way more successful in those than in the current set of uniforms. Best team we've beaten with the current ones is Liberty.

This is your manifesto.
A magnum opus.

For the next millennium, internet posts will be compared with this - and found wanting.

This is why Dick is a legend on this board...

We only started the block S with doc holly. It’s not our brand.

Pure silliness. So when was the magical time when our logo was on point?

The block “S” has been the best branding we’ve ever had. (Not saying a ton, honestly. The others were crap, and this one is kind of bland)

Pure silliness. So when was the magical time when our logo was on point?

The block “S” has been the best branding we’ve ever had. (Not saying a ton, honestly. The others were crap, and this one is kind of bland)

1570718193295.png

Case in point. Outside of the Block S, these are awful logos.

View attachment 171262

Case in point. Outside of the Block S, these are awful logos.
I don't think anyone has an issue with the Block S as the official logo. It's the obsession with sticking it very prominently on the helmet that some find unnecessary. There are plenty of places to stick a smaller S on the helmet where it's not so distracting (at the end of the stripe, for example). It would also be a way to differentiate ourselves from the rest of the block S club.

It's not like the block "S" never adorned SU merchandise or marketing materials prior to 2005 either. I have gear from my time on the Hill in the 90s where the S was used. I'm sure people have stuff with the S on it from the 50s and 60s as well.

Block S is my favorite but I also always liked that 2001 b-ball one.

Yeah, Block S is the clear winner, but I also like that planetary one and (ducking) the early-'90s broken-canoes logo. They were certainly of an era, not advocating for their return, but I liked them then and now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom