Week 8 ACC/FBS Games for Oct 17-21 | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

Week 8 ACC/FBS Games for Oct 17-21

Tonight's results are showing how inept we have been. I am seriously worried about getting 2 more wins. We have made NC and FSU look like the 72 Dolphins. Duke and lowly Virginia have shown otherwise. Every team we play seems to be on the upswing (even Pitt) while we are regressing.

We’re all watching other teams being competitive with the tougher teams in the ACC and what I’m afraid of is, Wildhack has zero clue. We can all see we’re not going anywhere but doesn’t matter what we think.

FWIW, we’re gonna win some games down the stretch. I think any talk of going 0-5 is totally insanity.

What a terrible call there. Why did they go for it?
I think 10 points in this game is far more substantial than 6. In a game you’re supposed to lose. But I like the faith

So UNC had 0 turnovers before that int? And uva threw 10pts in the trash. Wow that is embarrassing. Has a 24pt favorite ever lost like that.

Analytics are just probabilities. Coaches can be just as dumb blindly following them as ignoring them..
I would have kicked it. Make them score TD and extra point. Fg still wins it in that scenario.

Analytics are just probabilities. Coaches can be just as dumb blindly following them as ignoring them.
Those “go for it” analytics don’t take into account the strengths/weaknesses of the teams and what’s been going on in the game, right?

Yeah, seems like an easy cop out for insecure coaches though - just always follow the analytics and you can justify every decision!

We’re all watching other teams being competitive with the tougher teams in the ACC and what I’m afraid of is, Wildhack has zero clue. We can all see we’re not going anywhere but doesn’t matter what we think.
Well.. if they don’t have a clue, they are on the verge of losing even the hard core fans,

Those “go for it” analytics don’t take into account the strengths/weaknesses of the teams and what’s been going on in the game, right?

Yeah, seems like an easy cop out for insecure coaches though - just always follow the analytics and you can justify every decision!
I’m typically a numbers guy. And I love aggressiveness. But in that specific instance, with your all world QB on the sideline, I’d have taken the points.

If he believed in his team he wouldn't have called runs on 2nd and 3rd down. It was a dumb call.

backup had just come in cold. That may have had something to do with that (which is probably another reason he should’ve kicked.)

Blowouts happen, but you need to win some of these games. The fact that we haven't beaten a decent team (ended the year with less than 5 losses) since 2018 says a lot. You can't have your best win in the last 5 years be over an 8-5 team and have all these blowouts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DolphinDad

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom