Week 8 ACC/FBS Games for Oct 17-21 | Page 16 | Syracusefan.com

Week 8 ACC/FBS Games for Oct 17-21

In 2017, Syracuse beat Clemson. Then Clemson boatraced Miami in the ACC championship game and won 38-3. Occasionally teams catch lightning in a bottle, and weird results happen - football is a fairly high variance game.

How Virginia does against UNC has absolutely no bearing on how “Dino and his band of merry men” look - the only people who think that already have a negative opinion of Dino and are just reaching for anything they can use to justify that opinion. The negative opinion is already set in stone.

It sucks that we had our three hardest games back to back this year; the completely expected results of that has taken a severe mental toll on a lot of the folks on this board.
I have tried to support Dino but you cannot sugarcoat he has not coached well. He continues to play ultra conservative. The game plan have been lack luster. I still have confidence in our D but the O will not win us games how they are playing. People may place blame on Beck but it just seems like Dino is dictating the O. I have not seen a lot of change over the last three OCs. Could explain why Anne got into arguments with Dino on the sideline and left after one year. Beck took the OC job because it was a promotion but I could see him leaving after this season even if Dino is not fired.

Cash Nevada +440 to close the day let's goooo

In 2017, Syracuse beat Clemson. Then Clemson boatraced Miami in the ACC championship game and won 38-3. Occasionally teams catch lightning in a bottle, and weird results happen - football is a fairly high variance game.

How Virginia does against UNC has absolutely no bearing on how “Dino and his band of merry men” look - the only people who think that already have a negative opinion of Dino and are just reaching for anything they can use to justify that opinion. The negative opinion is already set in stone.

It sucks that we had our three hardest games back to back this year; the completely expected results of that has taken a severe mental toll on a lot of the folks on this board.
“Completely expected results”

Give me a f’in break. We completely expected to score a total of 10 pts against UNC and FSU combined? Whatever you say, hope the koolaid tastes good.

Win or lose, I'm impressed with Duke. Look legit against a good team on the road. How'd they do it? Portal? Coaching changes? Whatever they did...do it. Similar program to Syracuse record wise over the last 20 years, similar recruiting prowess, private school with tough academic standards. What was their blueprint?
Good coaches, good QBs, good OL

I will say we heavily recruited their top 2 QB and a couple of their OL. We just couldn't close the deal.

And it’s also why you should of beat Clemson in Syracuse this year but instead had four turnovers because we are a poorly coached team with Dino at the head
I saw coaches across the country post game rip into officiating - even if it's a waste of breathe you're showing fire and backing up your players and team when you do it

That doesn't happen here though

Is there a world where Caleb Williams is not drafted first?

His last two games tied in with the negative media he has been getting about diva like behavior won't scare away an NFL franchise from him, right?

How did we miss out on #4 Miami wide receiver ...he was a stud last night 6-4 and was a big reason they beat Clemson... great hands...from Binghampton, NY and went to Junior College his first year...Big miss!

gotta question that play call, I wonder if that was a QB option, should have given to Shipley. Where was that big back Maffa in that situation?
Can’t question Riley giving the ball to Shipley there. He has made a living putting those across the goaline. You can feel Clemson falling apart. Fans are furious about the lack of portal and NIL. Dabo is sticking to his guns and wants nothing to do with it. I can see him retiring soon.

How about the Pac 12 officials blatantly cheating for Washington. 1-5 ASU was up 7-6 and driving deep in Washington territory late. The WR gets molested in a pass to the EZ. They actually throw a flag only to convene and overturn it. Might have been the most egregious call i’ve ever seen and we deal with southern officials on a weekly basis. The next play they go for it instead of kicking the FG on 4th and 3 when their defense had held Pennix and UW to 7 point all game and the ASU QB throws a pick 6 to lose. All-time bad everything

Officiating has been really bad in all conferences. Not sure why the still have pass interference call. Wr are getting mugged past 5 yards held which is affecting their ability to make a play on the ball and no call. I guess those calls are reserved for su DBs or other teams when the game is on the line against a ranked team.

I wonder how NIL impacts this. Williams NIL deals are estimated to be worth around $3MM this year.

If there is some type of possible negative impact for guys with huge NIL deals sitting out when healthy, I expect a flurry of hard-to-diagnose, mysterious “injuries” will eventually start to impact high end college football players.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RSmith

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom