Weird Feeling... | Syracusefan.com

Weird Feeling...

CanadianSU

Living Legend
hard to explain but it almost feels like we have arrived. I know we may not get to a bowl game but there is a weird confidence I have inside me that is telling me that Syracuse Football may be trending upward. People tend to underestimate what a win can do for a rebuilding program.

Obviously, we have got to beat BC today. I expect us to play and win the game no if ands or buts. No excuses.

Throw the ball around today,

Big question is if we have 5 wins what are the odds this team makes a bowl? Extra practices would be huge

My fear is God loves to toy with us ... That we the Charlie Brown to his Lucy football pull ... That we get another weather obstacle in one of our more winnable games ... That BC has to end their insane 0-fer streak eventually

Big question is if we have 5 wins what are the odds this team makes a bowl? Extra practices would be huge

It all depends on how many bowls are unfilled with 6 win teams and the APRs of 5 win teams.

I think your setting yourself up, it was one game just as this is one game. This is also on the road. We are probably somewhere between wake and VT, if we play as that team it should be a close game with winner being whoever makes the plays in the 4th. Again we are still an underdog and people will flip out if we lose like we went in there as 17 point favorite.

We certainly have not arrived. Don't people remember winning big games under Marrone and then laying some eggs the next week. It just means that we are moving in the right direction and that we have a good staff as we did with Marrone and it's trending the right way for sure.

If we win today it will be a step in the right direction. A win verses an ACC team is a good win. Ithaca is right though. I remember during the Marrone era, it seemed like we would win a game we were predicted to lose and then lose a game we were predicted to win. Let's hope we keep the momentum going forward with a win today. GO CUSE!

BC is a power team. SU is much better at QB and WR. RB is a wash. OL is an issue for both.

They are better on the DL, LB is about the same. Secondary is very good in run support, trouble playing in space. Clemson whipped them with athletes, not execution. In case you didn't know, SU doesn't have Clemson's athletes.

SU has a big advantage at both kicker spots and I'd take Bris over Rouse every day of the week.

SU has been able to move the ball against everyone. Short redzone has been a problem, most scoring has come on long plays. If they can hit those should be a good day because BC is not dynamic on offense.

If it is a dink and dunk 12 play drives it is going to be an issue punching it in.

Will we continue to trend upwards and believe in ourselves or will we have a let down? Today will be very telling.

BC is a power team. SU is much better at QB and WR. RB is a wash. OL is an issue for both.

They are better on the DL, LB is about the same. Secondary is very good in run support, trouble playing in space. Clemson whipped them with athletes, not execution. In case you didn't know, SU doesn't have Clemson's athletes.

SU has a big advantage at both kicker spots and I'd take Bris over Rouse every day of the week.

SU has been able to move the ball against everyone. Short redzone has been a problem, most scoring has come on long plays. If they can hit those should be a good day because BC is not dynamic on offense.

If it is a dink and dunk 12 play drives it is going to be an issue punching it in.

I've really appreciated your optimism and analysis this year. Babers is a bit of an enigma, quiet & composed on the sideline vs loud & boisterous in the locker room. He's been fun and I think he plans on being successful. He didn't come here to try.

I see the overall parameters of our performances trending higher. Our floor is rising and so is our ceiling. Last week we were closer to the ceiling. At Wake we were near the floor. Who knows today.

When you have allot of freshmen, red shirts and Sophs playing you don't always get the same things each week...things looked great last week, would love to see the same this week but let's calibrate a little folks...we are still very early into the HCDB build plan and just prior to the VT game our expectations had adjusted for the year with what we had seen. BC has a real good D...our O is looking pretty good...feels like a pickem kinda game...hope we win...definitely capable of a win...still lots of growing up to do with this team...Go Cuse!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom