Welcome Cal, Stanford and SMU! | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Welcome Cal, Stanford and SMU!

Tom Hanks Hello GIF

It's weird but growing the conference is a good thing. Whatever keeps the ACC as the third best conference is the right move.
SMU flipped a 4* QB commit from TCU.

The ACC, even without Clemson and FSU, is so much better in every way. Cal and Stanford showed how important it is to be in a conference that cares about all sports. The Big 12 doesn’t really sponsor that many sports.

It’s just frustrating we weren’t more aggressive in targeting Arizona, Colorado, ASU and Utah.

I have no ill will towards Stanford whatsoever but for some reason I want to see Otto and the tree go at it in a major brawl.
Otto should never get into a brawl. Especially against a tree that is 2 feet taller.

I'm not sure dropping undesirable conference members is a path we want the conference to go down... let's hope that can of worms stays closed.
The reality is that at some point, any league that is not loaded with super money makers (as in a half dozen or more Bamas, LDSUs UGAs Ups, UT's etc.) will befiorced by networks to get rid its Vandy and Wakes or else keep getting pay cuts.

The networks now have that power and are showing they are happy to use it.

If we lose fsu and clemson, add oregon state, wash state, sdsu, and unlv and fully embrace the western flank. You could potentially absorb the rights to the pac 12 for whatever that is worth for branding.

I assume you mean USF. South Florida. UCF (Central Florida) is already in the Big 12.
Actually, i did mean UCF as I hope that we poach them if FSU is out. South Florida is a distant second in mhy book

If we lose fsu and clemson, add oregon state, wash state, sdsu, and unlv and fully embrace the western flank. You could potentially absorb the rights to the pac 12 for whatever that is worth for branding.
I'm sure we could add all of the at a discount and end up with an accretive situation for the existing members

Pac screwed up not adding San Diego State. San Diego State screwed up too giving the Big 12 the cold shoulder. Wonder what the basketball coach thinks of any potential move to the ACC.

His quote before on the travel to the Big 12," Even though our flight was a charter, I thought, my goodness, those guys have to do this every other week to play a basketball game? It would be exhausting," he said. "It's going to be a real challenge to be at their best with that kind of travel. I'm wishing them all the best, but that's more travel than I would ever wish on anybody."

Pac screwed up not adding San Diego State. San Diego State screwed up too giving the Big 12 the cold shoulder. Wonder what the basketball coach thinks of any potential move to the ACC.

His quote before on the travel to the Big 12," Even though our flight was a charter, I thought, my goodness, those guys have to do this every other week to play a basketball game? It would be exhausting," he said. "It's going to be a real challenge to be at their best with that kind of travel. I'm wishing them all the best, but that's more travel than I would ever wish on anybody."
The ACC screwed up by not taking the entire Pac 12 when we started the ACC, Big, and Pac 12 conversations.
The Big again screwed the ACC, just as they did the with Maryland.

I'm sure we could add all of the at a discount and end up with an accretive situation for the existing members
The ACC won't be in a position to get any Big 12 team (besides Utah and only until early August 24) until approximately 2031.

Other than large markets, another west coast location to add balance, one of the largest student bodies in the country, and a hedge against FSU leaving. Other than that I agree with you:)
But no one in those markets care about them. UConn commands the entire state of Connecticut and would be a team that our fans actually care about. I'd personally like to play more teams that I hate.