Welcome Michael G... | Syracusefan.com

Welcome Michael G...

newmexicuse

All Conference
Welcome Michael !!! I am really happy to have you at the Cuse.

I really like the way this kid looks from the vids.

We do not have a legit 2-3 swing player on the roster. He should be a perfect fit for that role. He is long & should fit in very well as a Zone defender. He looks fast & effective finishing on breakouts, and he seems to have legit slashing skills with good form on his shot. If he works hard there is no reason that he should not be a star in his junior season.

Definitely looking forward to seeing him in orange. One thing that cannot be overstated, given the current climate with transfers, is how good Coach K was in this whole process. We mock old rat face, but the fact he didn't even attempt to block the transfer when so many coaches would is a real credit to him. Classy move on his part.

Definitely looking forward to seeing him in orange. One thing that cannot be overstated, given the current climate with transfers, is how good Coach K was in this whole process. We mock old rat face, but the fact he didn't even attempt to block the transfer when so many coaches would is a real credit to him. Classy move on his part.
Coach K is obviously close w Jimmy. It would not surprise me to hear down the road that not only did Coach K not block the transfer, but perhaps he even facilitated it as being a good fit for the kid and a "present" to his good friend Jimmy.

Say what you will about hating Duke, but there is no denying that Coach K has always been a class act.

Yeah Coach K is a pretty solid dude, and oh yeah, he's one of the best coaches ever. (IMO he is the best college coach ever).

Anyway, I'm real excited about getting this kid. (Not ready to try and spell his name yet). He was a top 30 recruit, and even though he didn;'t play much, he was still learning from one of the best coaches ever. Now he'll sit out a year here and be able to acclimate himself to our system, and be ready to rock and roll in 2013, and the best part is we might get 3 years out of him.

Yeah Coach K is a pretty solid dude, and oh yeah, he's one of the best coaches ever. (IMO he is the best college coach ever).

Anyway, I'm real excited about getting this kid. (Not ready to try and spell his name yet). He was a top 30 recruit, and even though he didn;'t play much, he was still learning from one of the best coaches ever. Now he'll sit out a year here and be able to acclimate himself to our system, and be ready to rock and roll in 2013, and the best part is we might get 3 years out of him.
Agreed, while he didn't play much, remember he was playing against guys like Austin Rivers and Seth Curry in practice every day. Can only help his development. Another year practicing against guys like BT, MCW, Cooney and CJ will do wonders for his game.

Coach K is a class act. Any coach who blocks a kid from another school is absurd IMO. At the end of the day, it is likely an 18-20 year old kid that picked the wrong school coming out of HS, and needs a change of scenery. If the kid's heart isn't in it, there is no question that it is in the best interests of both parties for a change.

Agreed, while he didn't play much, remember he was playing against guys like Austin Rivers and Seth Curry in practice every day. Can only help his development. Another year practicing against guys like BT, MCW, Cooney and CJ will do wonders for his game.

Yeah I meant to say something like that. Taking a top 30 kid and essentially giving him 2 redshirt years against 2 of the best teams in the country, with 2 of the best coaches in the country...the more I think about it the more excited I'm getting.

So wait, is he coming here or is this just speculation?

A tall, rangy guard seems like a perfect fit for SU. Our last 2 transfer players, Wes and Kristof, worked out well for us.

A tall, rangy guard seems like a perfect fit for SU. Our last 2 transfer players, Wes and Kristof, worked out well for us.

kristof?

Coach K is a class act. Any coach who blocks a kid from another school is absurd IMO. At the end of the day, it is likely an 18-20 year old kid that picked the wrong school coming out of HS, and needs a change of scenery. If the kid's heart isn't in it, there is no question that it is in the best interests of both parties for a change.

boeheim did it

The thing that I also like about landing this commitment is that the next recruiting class is starting to take shape, and one of the scholarships is off the board. Hopefully, this induces other kids [especially Ennis] to make it official before we run out of room at the inn.

That was probably a typo. I'm sure he meant 'Kristof!'

I guess I am just not sure what "working out well" for us means to him.

kristof wasnt a trainwreck, thats for sure. But I wouldn't put him in any wes johnson class.

It'll be hard to keep up the Duke-hating after Coach K has so well demonstrated his good heart and friendship with JB. (Now we have two "Christmas" gifts on our roster!) Oh, I know, Dickie V will help fuel the "Duke gets all the respect" fires that burn so brightly among us fans, and Coach K will still get an unending supply of MickeyDs that irritate us as blue-bloods irritate the common man. But, Cameron Crazies notwithstanding, Duke will never approach the rivalry Syracuse has had with GU and UCONN. Why? Because Coach K has ruined that with his unprecedented act of generosity! But the words "Fie on you for that, Coach K!" will never cross my lips because I've seen the videos of Micheal G. at work, and I believe!-VBOF

Eh, I could still hate them just fine. But, I will respect them and their coach.

Now Dukie V will have someone to talk about during SU games.

Couldn't agree more. And with another year on the development curve with the year he has to sit out, he'll be an incredibly ready [and yet, tremendously game inexperienced] third year sophomore.

One question I have: I've seen this kid listed anywhere from 6-4 to 6-7 -- what's his "real" height? Would obviously like to see him closer to the taller end of that range, so that his future could be at 3.

Couldn't agree more. And with another year on the development curve with the year he has to sit out, he'll be an incredibly ready [and yet, tremendously game inexperienced] third year sophomore.

One question I have: I've seen this kid listed anywhere from 6-4 to 6-7 -- what's his "real" height? Would obviously like to see him closer to the taller end of that range, so that his future could be at 3.
Watching his highlights, he looks like a legit 6-6, but who knows how big the other players around him were.

Kristof was a JUCO player, not a real transfer

Welcome Michael !!! I am really happy to have you at the Cuse.

I really like the way this kid looks from the vids.

We do not have a legit 2-3 swing player on the roster. He should be a perfect fit for that role. He is long & should fit in very well as a Zone defender. He looks fast & effective finishing on breakouts, and he seems to have legit slashing skills with good form on his shot. If he works hard there is no reason that he should not be a star in his junior season.

He gets out nice on the break, and had a ton of steal breakaways in the highlight video I saw on YouTube from his senior year. Nice 3 point range, although his form could be a bit better. He kind of rotates his shoulders at the top of the shot at times, which could affect his accuracy, but he shoots it pretty well. Has a nice follow through. Plays some pretty good defense, but he's playing against kids smaller than himself most of the time.

Personlly, I think he makes a bigger impact as a 2 guard than as a 3. He's big, but he's got the ability to get to the rim off the bounce. Not as explosive as Dion, but he's a power guard. I could see him and Michael Carter-Williams up top as being unstoppable defensively. That's crazy size - 6-5 and 6-6 at guard, then you've got 6-8 or 6-9 guys like Fair and Grant and Christmas on the wings to defend, and a big man at center. That's like a pro team almost.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom