Welcome New Members | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Welcome New Members

So is Syracuse to a Utican their hometown team? or is the good team 50 miles west they root for since they have no other choice?

You have to remember that Utica College was founded and owned by SU in 1946 until 1995. SU degrees were awarded to graduates.

...and the Syracuse Nats and the Clinton Comets!
Nats was a little before my time. It was Knicks in my house and Mohawk valley comets in the 80's if memory serves

My buddy is from Utica and he made me try Wisniowka. He gets when he goes back up there.

Welcome to the real party fellas. A few words of wisdom this is a great board but after a loss in anything can be a little over the top.

I would love a boeheim stein!

Thanks for the mostly warm welcome :)
Living in Bethesda, MD these days and enjoyed the big tailgate for the recent SU-UMD football game with SUfaninNJ. Looking forward to the men's hoops team coming through town in February...

Thanks for the mostly warm welcome :)
Living in Bethesda, MD these days and enjoyed the big tailgate for the recent SU-UMD football game with SUfaninNJ. Looking forward to the men's hoops team coming through town in February...
Steve...if you know anyone who needs a single I have an extra ticket in the 200s

Utica? If you show up at a tailgate, Chicken Riggies and Half Moon cookies please.

"Half-moons originated in Utica, New York at Hemstrought's Bakery in the early part of the 20th century.'

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_and_white_cookie

My favorite however, are Pastaciotti (aka "Pusties")
pusties.jpg

So is Syracuse to a Utican their hometown team? or is the good team 50 miles west they root for since they have no other choice?

I can say growing up in Utica,we bled orange,so yes without a doubt! As kids,we 'd take bus trips through school or church groups for games at the dome all the time.

You guys should get Palateiri Joe's to cater a tailgate next year.