Welcome to May Madness | Syracusefan.com

Welcome to May Madness

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
Duke Earns Top Seed for NCAA Men's Lacrosse Tournament: Matchups, TV and Bracket (IL)

Bm1g8SpCAAA8qnN.jpg

Last edited:
After the Syracuse game, I'm looking forward to the Loyola/Albany and Denver/UNC games. Hopkins/UVA part II should be excellent as well.

can anyone break down the bracket, is it a good/bad draw. I feel like familiar opponents are generally worse, is cornell/maryland a potential problem, etc?

Penn and Denver are both seeded too high. UNC got screwed starting on the road at Denver.

Loyola is going to have a major chip on its shoulder.

UNC got screwed starting on the road at Denver.

The committee wanted to avoid a first round ACC matchup, and Denver is the lowest seeded non-ACC team. Even if Denver was seeded lower, UNC would still be flying to Colorado.

Penn and Denver are both seeded too high. UNC got screwed starting on the road at Denver.

Loyola is going to have a major chip on its shoulder.

Penn getting a 4 seed is a bit head scratching.

I thought #6 seed Notre Dame got a slight break by opening with Harvard while Loyola (a 3 seed) got screwed by opening with Albany.

Duke looks like they got a bit of break as well with Penn a 4 seed. Easier potential semi-final opponent than Syracuse's draw (Loyola).

A little surprised Maryland was only a 7. Thought Hofstra should have got in over Harvard.

I thought #6 seed Notre Dame got a slight break by opening with Harvard while Loyola (a 3 seed) got screwed by opening with Albany.

Duke looks like they got a bit of break as well with Penn a 4 seed. Easier potential semi-final opponent than Syracuse's draw (Loyola).

A little surprised Maryland was only a 7. Thought Hofstra should have got in over Harvard.

Tough first round matchup for Loyola but it shows that the committe wasnt very high on ALbany at all. Good think we beat Duke or we would certainly be playing Albany in the first round.

Agree about Duke but I doubt Penn makes it that far, more likely to be Denver or UNC. ND gotta a good break for the 1st round but round two against Loyola or Albany is a bad matchup for them, dont see them going far.

i like the draw. i mean would you rather have maryland/cornell winner or the uva/hopkins winner? IDK. I think I like our draw. The the entire tourney is tough nowadays, no more gimmies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom