Welcome to Tobacco Road, I guess | Syracusefan.com

Welcome to Tobacco Road, I guess

SouthernCuse

Starter
So I am rewatching the game tonite and although I watched it four times, I still didn't see the contact on Roberson's 5th. Not as aggregious as the Duke game last year, but losing TR there hurt us. Must just be coincidence, though.

Yeah, of course you are right and there was only 1 other (non) call I really disagreed with when Meeks picked up the ball like a football, lowered his shoulder and bumped Rak out of the way, then went up for 2. I just couldn't see the TR foul no matter how hard I tried to contort my pov.

can't blame the refs for giving up 93 points

Yeah, of course you are right and there was only 1 other (non) call I really disagreed with when Meeks picked up the ball like a football, lowered his shoulder and bumped Rak out of the way, then went up for 2. I just couldn't see the TR foul no matter how hard I tried to contort my pov.
Tokoto throwing Cooney out of bounds in the first half was pretty egregious.

the refs have been terrible pretty much across the board but I'm not even close to hanging this loss partially on them like the Nova game

Yes you can if they don't let one side play defense the way the other side does and foul out a starter that could have prevented some of those 93 points.

Yes you can if they don't let one side play defense the way the other side does and foul out a starter that could have prevented some of those 93 points.

Carolina shot 55% from the field, it was ridiculous.

This wasn't close to Nova, they took it to a guy who couldn't foul out and play aggressive and it showed.

Kinda hard to stop Meeks from scoring when he's allowed to snowplow the lane.

I'm not concerned. We'll have our vengeance on Roy's Boys next season.

Roberson's 5th foul was awful, he never touched the guy, not as bad as last year in cameron, but still bad.

Carolina shot 55% from the field, it was ridiculous.

This wasn't close to Nova, they took it to a guy who couldn't foul out and play aggressive and it showed.
And a lot of those made shots where because the refs allowed UNC inside guys to push and shove their way to the basket. Allow Rak to take that away, the percentage goes down.

And a lot of those made shots where because the refs allowed UNC inside guys to push and shove their way to the basket. Allow Rak to take that away, the percentage goes down.

9-16 from 3. They were Mickey Mouse down low compared to Villanova. Rak had no margin sadly and played like it.

This year just sucks...gimme any 2 of the 4 guys we thought we'd have...

Where to start.

First off? Four times? Wow.

Second- anyone who thinks the officiating in that game was more of a factor for the loss than letting UNC score at will while not being able to sub anyone, is soft.

Third- anyone who compares the officiating in the UNC game to Villanova...wow. I don't even know where to start.

There were some shitty calls. I dont think it affected the outcome. Villanova was 10X worse.

Notre Dame just called for a "no touch" foul. Or pretty close.

Yeah, I thought the officiating in the UNC game was awful, but nowhere near what happened against Nova. That was an atrocity.