Well, I guess its vacation season | Syracusefan.com

Well, I guess its vacation season

CuseTroop

Vegas Mole Person
Where's everyone headed in the upcoming months?

I'm starting out by heading to Arctic Man next thursday or friday. If you've never heard of it, Arctic Man is pretty much a huge snow machine party. Once a year thousands of riders get together and make the 3rd largest city in Alaska for a week. You've prolly seen it on Alaska State Troopers.

In June my sister in law is coming up, and we are going to do the usual tour of Alaska.

Finishing up the summer with my trip back to NY for the Nova game, and a buddies wedding.

Hopefully multiple fishing, and camping trips in between all these. Should be a good summer folks.

I'm going to London and Paris at the end of the month. Then to RI for a week in the July.

I've never done they Europe thing. It's on my list. I was hoping to get stationed in Germany for a while, I could have checked it all out.

Just back from Sedona , AZ - best hiking in the world there in the scenic red rocks plus it's a beautiful artsy town with lot's of great restaurants. Many easily accesible day trips from there including Grand Canyon, Montezuma's Castle, Out of Africa , Prescott with its beautiful boulder lakes, etc.

We also have a week in Kauai coming up next month. I have been to Kauai several times before, but almost always stayed in Princeville. The one time we weren't in Princeville it was for our honeymoon & we stayed at the gorgeous and unique and now destroyed property - Coco Palms. They simply do not build resorts like that any more. This time we will be in Poipu at the south part of the island so it should be a bit different from what we are accustomed to.

Leaving for a cruise on the 18th. Then heading to rehoboth beach for 4 days after the cruise.

Then we are heading to san diego for 8 days in august

Cant wait

Leaving for a cruise on the 18th. Then heading to rehoboth beach for 4 days after the cruise.

Then we are heading to san diego for 8 days in august

Cant wait

We are going on a cruise in November. Never been on one before.

August? You going to be home around Labor Day?

I'm heading to Alaska in July to visit with my buddy!

We have no firm plans yet for an actual family vacation. I'm heading out to Madison, WI for a work trip during the week of my son's April break, so I'm going to have to make it up to them somehow. But I've got some really great work trips this year (doing National Park Service work!) so I'm thinking we combine work with vacation.

CuseTroop said:
We are going on a cruise in November. Never been on one before. August? You going to be home around Labor Day?

Yes sir

Bermuda in 3 weeks. Several weekend trips to Vermont with a full week in there somewhere to do some kitchen reno and put on a new roof. A week on Skaneateles Lake in August. That's about it for me. Jeebus, there goes the whole summer already!

Jeez...mine pales by comparison, but I'm headed down to Myrtle Beach next week. My folks bought a house near the beach down there, but they only use it for a month or two each year. Going deep sea fishing, and I'm sure I'll play a lot of golf. Nice little get away.

Jeez...mine pales by comparison, but I'm headed down to Myrtle Beach next week. My folks bought a house near the beach down there, but they only use it for a month or two each year. Going deep sea fishing, and I'm sure I'll play a lot of golf. Nice little get away.

Do I smell a bro trip in the next couple years? Myrtle Beach, unsupervised. Lets hit it.

Do I smell a bro trip in the next couple years? Myrtle Beach, unsupervised. Lets hit it.

Yeah buddy. We will assemble our respective crews, and plan something for sure. The house had 3 bedrooms, 2 baths, couches to crash on, and a nice screened-in back porch for you to sleep. You can fit a lot of drunken misfits in this place...lol. LGO!!

No vacations for me. Living in Charleston a lot of my family and friends want to take a vacation and visit me. Thus I take off work and spend time enjoying my city and the beaches whenever they come down. Although I would love to get away somewhere this summer, I will settle for vacations at home.

The other limiting factor is my wedding in October and I am under contract on a new house that is being built. All my funds are sunk into these two things. At least with the house I will most likely see all my money again, the wedding not so much.

No vacations for me. Living in Charleston a lot of my family and friends want to take a vacation and visit me. Thus I take off work and spend time enjoying my city and the beaches whenever they come down. Although I would love to get away somewhere this summer, I will settle for vacations at home.

Love me some Charleston man. Truly, one of my favorite cities. I'd give my middle nut to live there. Used to live in Charlotte. The wife and I (back when we were just dating) used to shoot down there every couple months for a weekend of partying. The slave market is a little sobering though, no? Good thing there is a great oyster bar across the street to lighten the mood.