Well, I guess its vacation season | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Well, I guess its vacation season

Love me some Charleston man. Truly, one of my favorite cities. I'd give my middle nut to live there. Used to live in Charlotte. The wife and I (back when we were just dating) used to shoot down there every couple months for a weekend of partying. The slave market is a little sobering though, no? Good thing there is a great oyster bar across the street to lighten the mood.

I avoid the market like the plague. Only due to the fact that is full of tourists. I typically avoid all of market street. If you are ever heading back down shoot me a PM and I will hook you up with some of the best restaurants you will ever eat at. It is an amazing place to live, I think of it as a mini paradise.

One of the worst things about Charleston is the drivers though. If it is raining you can expect accidents on every highway and traffic because of it. Other than that there isn't a day I complain about much.

Charlotte is fun too though, I have some family up there and really enjoy the city every once in a while, it is a completely different city than anything else.

Really? I'll be there from 4/20-4/27. Staying in Port Royal. Week before that 4/12-4/20 we are on a cruise in the Eastern Carribean. Love HHI. I want to retire there

I am leaving the 28th, I haven't been there in a few years, very much looking forward to it.

Boston next week...a few trips to the city....someplace tropical on a whim...the good part of the single life...always traveling.

OburgOrange said:
Really? I'll be there from 4/20-4/27. Staying in Port Royal. Week before that 4/12-4/20 we are on a cruise in the Eastern Carribean. Love HHI. I want to retire there

A cruise then HH? I hate you.

I'm heading to Alaska in July to visit with my buddy!

We have no firm plans yet for an actual family vacation. I'm heading out to Madison, WI for a work trip during the week of my son's April break, so I'm going to have to make it up to them somehow. But I've got some really great work trips this year (doing National Park Service work!) so I'm thinking we combine work with vacation.
A little Man Love?

Was in Vegas for 5 days for the 1st weekend of the Tournament. So that was kind of awesome and sucked. Have friends who own a house on Fire Island and they let me stay there for a few days every summer. Then Labor Day weekend I'm going to Oahu for a wedding. First time in Hawaii and am pretty psyched.

Leaving tomorrow morning for 12 days:
- Vienna
- Salzburg
- Munich
- Lucerne
- Venice
- Paris
- London

Wow. Unbelievable trip.

All beautiful places.

Spent two weeks in a little town called Sursee right near Lucerne on a school trip back in 6th grade.

Lived in Munich for a year when I was really young and then a summer there during college. Munich is my favorite German city. If you have time, hit Starnberg and try to get down into the Alps to see Ludwig's castle and Garmisch-Partenkirchen. Southern Germany is gorgeous.

Also hit the Andechs Monastery (hint, it is also a brewery)...

Venice is for wandering. I lived in Florence but Venice and Rome are my two favorite cities to visit.

I also love Paris. Another city where one can walk for hours...

Salzburg is pretty but I haven't been there since I was a kid so I don't remember much.

Ironically, my least favorite city of the bunch is London.

Man, enjoy. I am jealous.

I avoid the market like the plague. Only due to the fact that is full of tourists. I typically avoid all of market street. If you are ever heading back down shoot me a PM and I will hook you up with some of the best restaurants you will ever eat at. It is an amazing place to live, I think of it as a mini paradise.

One of the worst things about Charleston is the drivers though. If it is raining you can expect accidents on every highway and traffic because of it. Other than that there isn't a day I complain about much.

Charlotte is fun too though, I have some family up there and really enjoy the city every once in a while, it is a completely different city than anything else.

Thanks. I might have to take you up on that offer if we get down that way. Yeah, Charlotte is a pretty amazing city. I hated having to move away.

FL early in summer, WI later in summer. Wait, I live in KY. That means if I go to CT this summer, I'll be to every final four state. No, I am not going to CT.

The itinerary for my September cruise is below. We are spending a few days in Rome before the ship leaves.

Naples, Italy
Sicily, Italy
Split, Croatia
Koper, Slovenia
Venice, Italy
Dubrovnik, Croatia
Kotor, Montenegro
Corfu, Greece

The itinerary for my September cruise is below. We are spending a few days in Rome before the ship leaves.

Naples, Italy
Sicily, Italy
Split, Croatia
Koper, Slovenia
Venice, Italy
Dubrovnik, Croatia
Kotor, Montenegro
Corfu, Greece
Very nice. Been to Venice and Napoli. See Pompeii (in/close to Naples) if you can, you will not regret it. But I shouldn't have to tell you anything. With this itinerary, I already assumed you are a tricky, tricky man. :)

Very nice. Been to Venice and Napoli. See Pompeii (in/close to Naples) if you can, you will not regret it. But I shouldn't have to tell you anything. With this itinerary, I already assumed you are a tricky, tricky man. :)

I've been to Rome, Naples, Venice, Dubrovnik and Corfu back in my Navy days. We are definitely going to Pompeii. Nobody goes to Naples to see Naples.

I've been to Rome, Naples, Venice, Dubrovnik and Corfu back in my Navy days. We are definitely going to Pompeii. Nobody goes to Naples to see Naples.
Haha, true! Unless you want to get run over by a motor scooter on the sidewalk.

Moved from Buffalo to Monterey Bay back in September, so basically been on vacation for 6 months...

Monterey is great. We were out there in 2012. Love Carmel, too.