Well, I guess its vacation season | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Well, I guess its vacation season

Just back from Sedona , AZ - best hiking in the world there in the scenic red rocks plus it's a beautiful artsy town with lot's of great restaurants. Many easily accesible day trips from there including Grand Canyon, Montezuma's Castle, Out of Africa , Prescott with its beautiful boulder lakes, etc.

We also have a week in Kauai coming up next month. I have been to Kauai several times before, but almost always stayed in Princeville. The one time we weren't in Princeville it was for our honeymoon & we stayed at the gorgeous and unique and now destroyed property - Coco Palms. They simply do not build resorts like that any more. This time we will be in Poipu at the south part of the island so it should be a bit different from what we are accustomed to.
I've stayed in Poipu. Very mainstream.

W
I'm heading to Alaska in July to visit with my buddy!

We have no firm plans yet for an actual family vacation. I'm heading out to Madison, WI for a work trip during the week of my son's April break, so I'm going to have to make it up to them somehow. But I've got some really great work trips this year (doing National Park Service work!) so I'm thinking we combine work with vacation.
where in AK?

Come June I go on permanent vacation. First, to Gustavus where I have land next to Glacier Bay. Will also be hanging out off-shore of Admiralty Island to scarf up halibut. September to Asheville/Franklin County is a possibility. Just got new camping gear that needs to be broken in. There is less camping in AK than you might think as it is safer to stay on a boat or in a cabin.

Okay, golf (trip to Kelowna next month); beer; two music camps, one in Vancouver, one on the island; summer hockey 3x week May & June; more golf; more beer; Falcon Beach (great golf course there, too) & Kenora (Lake of the Woods); more beer; 30th Anniversary in August, gotta find something schmaltzy for that; more golf; Vancouver Island (after music camp) trip to Tofino, & Gulf Islands; more golf, more beer; application to the dialysis clinic in the new health center.