Well, if I was one to make grand pronouncement s based on small sample sizes, | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Well, if I was one to make grand pronouncement s based on small sample sizes,

Certainly one of the sloppiest games from an SU PG in recent memory, should have a couple more assists, but could easily have a couple more turnovers.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2
MCW reminds me a little bit of Andy during December for the 09-10 team . . . lots of eagerness to make the spectacular pass that ended up being a turnover . . . in the end, it was toned down by the time conference play began and he ended up being a terrific leader on a terrific team.

MCW is 21 years old and a certain first round if not lottery pick - he is 99.9999999999999999999999999999999999999999999% gone.

MCW is 21 years old and a certain first round if not lottery pick - he is 99.9999999999999999999999999999999999999999999% gone.
yup . . . he will be 22 when the next NBA season opens, which means he will still be a prospect

at 23, he'll be considered past his development prime

this is the thing that most college hoops fans hate about the NBA, but there you have it

Player has a bad game, syracusefan.com poster overacts. Shocking.

MCW reminds me a little bit of Andy during December for the 09-10 team . . . lots of eagerness to make the spectacular pass that ended up being a turnover . . . in the end, it was toned down by the time conference play began and he ended up being a terrific leader on a terrific team.
I love MCW's willingness to try to create a big play but he definitely has to pick his moments. To paraphrase the one and only Dalton from Road House, I just want to tell MCW, "I want you to he safe...until it's time to not be safe."

MCW has something you can't teach...height. He is gone folks...have you seen the guards in the upcoming draft? He is going to be about the 13th pick...at worst. NBA teams love these hybrid guards with long arms.

I'll be glad to be wrong but I also thought Flynn left too early.
Flynn was 5-10 and an inconsistent shooter, and wasn't a particularly gifted passer. MCW is 6-6, an inconsistent shooter, but a sublime passer.

Big differences, literally and figuratively.

I think the fact is, he is most likely going to leave, he will most likely get drafted with a high pick, and then he will most likely struggle in the NBA and be yet another mediocre guy who maybe could have made something of his basketball life if he had stayed. I hate to say it, but based on both empirical data and pure numbers, that is the most likely outcome. It's a shame because he'll be tanking in the NBA at about the time he could be leading Syracuse to a Final Four next year.

I think the fact is, he is most likely going to leave, he will most likely get drafted with a high pick, and then he will most likely struggle in the NBA and be yet another mediocre guy who maybe could have made something of his basketball life if he had stayed. I hate to say it, but based on both empirical data and pure numbers, that is the most likely outcome. It's a shame because he'll be tanking in the NBA at about the time he could be leading Syracuse to a Final Four next year.

I really think he'll end up being the most successful Cuse guy we've had in the NBA since Carmelo. The shooting mechanics are there, just needs to get the arc on it back. They'll easily fix that in the NBA and that's his biggest weakness right now.

I could easily see him being a guy that can play PG/SG. Hell, look at Greivis Vasquez in the NBA right now. They're basically clones, except MCW might be a little more gifted athletically and a better defender and Vasquez is up for Most Improved Player and is a starting PG and one of the league leaders in assists per game.

I guess I don't understand what leads people to this assumption. Yes, most draft picks turn out to be mediocre at best. But why do so many assume MCW will fall into that category? I've never been one to hype up SU players, and in fact didn't believe Dion was worth a lottery pick last year...but MCW could be special.

He is 6-6, he's athletic, he's an excellent ball handler, he's got superb court vision and he's one of the best passers to ever come to SU.

This cannot be true!! Where was he from 18 - 20?

It is true. Arrived on campus at 19 and turned 2o shortly after.

See moqui's post earlier in this thread for explanation of why we should enjoy him while we have him here this season.

If he were Jonny Flynn size...we'd have him here for another two years... but at his size...if the NBA held its draft tommorow, he'd go first round.

I really think he'll end up being the most successful Cuse guy we've had in the NBA since Carmelo. The shooting mechanics are there, just needs to get the arc on it back. They'll easily fix that in the NBA and that's his biggest weakness right now.

I could easily see him being a guy that can play PG/SG. Hell, look at Greivis Vasquez in the NBA right now. They're basically clones, except MCW might be a little more gifted athletically and a better defender and Vasquez is up for Most Improved Player and is a starting PG and one of the league leaders in assists per game.

I hope you are right, because it is horrible to see these guys squander their potential and/or lose the best couple years of their lives as BMOC for an elite college team so they can make some money that will all be gone in 5 years and do menial chores for middling quality NBA vets on their team.

Is this thread for real? People actually think MCW isn't going to the NBA next year? The guy is a magician. He played a so-so game at best and had 11pts/11assists/7boards. He's a goner. I'm just going to enjoy watching the kid play.

He's gone, he should stay, he's a lottery pick, he could use another year, he's the best passer ever!, he makes way too many turnovers, his shot can be fixed, his shot is suspect, his shot is pretty good...

Enjoy the moment. One thing is for sure, he is here for the balance of this year. A lot can happen between now and May. Let's hope he stays healthy and we'll see how far he can take this team.

This thread was started by the original poster as a joke...everyone needs to relax!

This thread was started by the original poster as a joke...everyone needs to relax!
Says the guy using an exclamation point. Don't you know that means you're yelling?

And I don't know what we're yelling about!

Says the guy using an exclamation point. Don't you know that means you're yelling?

And I don't know what we're yelling about!

I THOUGHT ALL CAPS MEANT I WAS YELLING. SORRY, I AM A REMEDIAL ONLINE POSTER. I WILL TRY TO WORK ON MY GAME JUST LIKE MCW WILL WORK ON HIS JUMP SHOT. (NO EXCLAMATION POINT)

Just for what it's worth, DraftExpress had MCW mocked as the 28th overall pick in the draft before the season began, and he's now moved up to #19 in the draft (updated before the Arkansas game). He's on the rise.

There's something kind of funny about saying Riley can't finish and then saying Baye is better.

Baye has played well this year, but he's not exactly Antawn Jamison around the hoop.

There's something kind of funny about implying Antawn Jamison is good at basketball =P.