Well, if I was one to make grand pronouncement s based on small sample sizes, | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Well, if I was one to make grand pronouncement s based on small sample sizes,

I think the fact is, he is most likely going to leave, he will most likely get drafted with a high pick, and then he will most likely struggle in the NBA and be yet another mediocre guy who maybe could have made something of his basketball life if he had stayed. I hate to say it, but based on both empirical data and pure numbers, that is the most likely outcome. It's a shame because he'll be tanking in the NBA at about the time he could be leading Syracuse to a Final Four next year.
millions of dollars tanking in the NBA > final four at syracuse

millions of dollars tanking in the NBA > final four at syracuse

Yeah, I get it. Maybe he is the rare one that won't squander that money in 4 years after he's washed out...

I wish this board wasn't so eager to see our guys leave early for the NBA. It perpetuates the myth that some of them are ready, when they clearly could use one more year of fine tuning. (See: Green, Flynn, etc.) MCW is a great young player, but let's see how he is playing in March before we are ready to send him into the lottery.

I wish this board wasn't so eager to see our guys leave early for the NBA. It perpetuates the myth that some of them are ready, when they clearly could use one more year of fine tuning. (See: Green, Flynn, etc.)
Well good sir, I accuse you of perpetuating the myth that college is a better place for young basketball players than the NBA.

oldtimeboxer.jpg

Player has a bad game, syracusefan.com poster overacts. Shocking.
If that was directed at me, you missed the point of my original post.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

I would proclaim that MCW will be at SU or the D league and that Tyler Ennis will start at PG for SU next year, regardless if MCW stays.

I assume you are kidding because this is one of the silliest posts ever. MCW is gone, whether he's in the D league or not. He will make a 15 man roster IMO. Ennis hasn't even finished his senior year yet, let's temper expectations. This is MCW's team now, and will be for as long as he stays.

I assume you are kidding because this is one of the silliest posts ever. MCW is gone, whether he's in the D league or not. He will make a 15 man roster IMO. Ennis hasn't even finished his senior year yet, let's temper expectations. This is MCW's team now, and will be for as long as he stays.
Wow, did the title of my post not set the tenor? I will need to revisit my writing skills. The whole thing is a dig at people making proclamations regarding best PG ever, Scoop should not have played last year, etc. based upon 5 games against pretty pedestrian teams. MCW was a turnover machine last night. He will do better, I know.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

I think the fact is, he is most likely going to leave, he will most likely get drafted with a high pick, and then he will most likely struggle in the NBA and be yet another mediocre guy who maybe could have made something of his basketball life if he had stayed. I hate to say it, but based on both empirical data and pure numbers, that is the most likely outcome. It's a shame because he'll be tanking in the NBA at about the time he could be leading Syracuse to a Final Four next year.
Even a glass-half-empty kind of guy would say that's pretty pessimistic.