Well, that escalated quickly- Texas paying athletes directly | Syracusefan.com

Well, that escalated quickly- Texas paying athletes directly

6k per year? Will that really blow up college football?
Well that is all athletes, and it depends if we have the cash. Ole Miss as was pointed out it paying 415 athletes. An extra $2.5 Million, if we have it.

You think it stops at 6K? It's already at 6K within months of NIL opening up ...and when paying players directly is still supposed to be against the rules. How far do you think this goes? It goes to the moon from here ...

Players will soon be running college sports programs. They make the demands. They get paid or they go.

This is America though. We think our youth should have the most say and the most power ...and should be the generation we should cater to and listen too. It's completely asinine and backwards, but that's what everyone wants.

We all cried for the poor, poor players. They get so little and are so exploited ...whine, whine, whine ...we need to make up for it and give them everything ...they deserve it! Money and power, money and power, money and power. It solves everything

You think it stops at 6K? It's already at 6K within months of NIL opening up ...and when paying players directly is still supposed to be against the rules. How far do you think this goes? It goes to the moon from here ...

Players will soon be running college sports programs. They make the demands. They get paid or they go.

This is America though. We think our youth should have the most say and the most power ...and should be the generation we should cater to and listen too. It's completely asinine and backwards, but that's what everyone wants.

We all cried for the poor, poor players. They get so little and are so exploited ...whine, whine, whine ...we need to make up for it and give them everything ...they deserve it! Money and power, money and power, money and power. It solves everything
Brian Kelly just left in the middle of the night before the season is over for $15 million per year.

Spare me the tears.

And the highest revenue school starts it off.
UT is on a mission to blow up CFB.

Texas to begin paying student athletes in Jan 22

but if the school is paying the athletes are they still independent contractors?

I'm sure for some of these athletes this will be a pay cut.

1638292436234.gif

What is the connection between paying players and the BCS vs. CFP? Just trying to understand your point.
It was a much simpler time, juco kids were all the rage and coaches weren’t stuck replacing entire recruiting classes .

Texas OL getting paid $50k.
So some football donors created a charity, to which they will make tax deductible contributions and then use those contributions to pay offensive linemen to show up to charity events. I guess this is a win/win/win/win as they will presumably do some good for some charity, some OL that aren't typically very marketable get NIL money, UT will use this to sell itself to better OL and the boosters get to deduct their *previously known as* bag money from their taxes.

So some football donors created a charity, to which they will make tax deductible contributions and then use those contributions to pay offensive linemen to show up to charity events. I guess this is a win/win/win/win as they will presumably do some good for some charity, some OL that aren't typically very marketable get NIL money, UT will use this to sell itself to better OL and the boosters get to deduct their *previously known as* bag money from their taxes.
I don’t know whether to laugh or cry.

Ottos Oline Army.

We can pay them for proper dedication to strength and conditioning. The charity is to buy beers for old guys so they don't yell at their TVs anymore. Its a real problem. I curse like a sailor on Saturdays. I need help.

Ottos Oline Army.

We can pay them for proper dedication to strength and conditioning. The charity is to buy beers for old guys so they don't yell at their TVs anymore. Its a real problem. I curse like a sailor on Saturdays. I need help.
{Sarah Mclachlan music plays}
Opening shot of Syracuse losing to Louisville playing on the TV.
Pan to RandomGuy sitting on the couch, out of beer, big sad puppy eyes…

Hi, I’m Sarah McLachlan. Will you be an angel for a helpless cuse fan? Everyday innocent cuse fans are abused, beaten, and neglected. And they’re crying out for help.

Please, call the number on your screen with a monthly gift right now. For just eighteen dollars a month, only sixty cents a day, you’ll help rescue cuse fans from their abusers and provide beer, wings, strength and conditioning, a true dual threat quarterback, and a half decent right tackle. Call, or join online in the next thirty minutes, and you’ll receive this welcome kit with a photo of a cuse fan on his couch right now – one who’s been given a second chance, thanks to you.