Well, time to get ready for next Saturday. | Syracusefan.com

Well, time to get ready for next Saturday.

GaTech really is a pretty good matchup for us. They are the worst three point shooting team in the ACC. No reason we shouldn't win this game at home. We need to focus on Lammers, and if the rest of the team beats us, so be it.

It's not a must win. Even if they lose out, they have a pretty good shot of getting in. One more win puts us in 90%+ territory, and we will have two more chances. It's not a must win.

It's a huge game, it has major implications... But it's not a must win.

GaTech really is a pretty good matchup for us. They are the worst three point shooting team in the ACC. No reason we shouldn't win this game at home. We need to focus on Lammers, and if the rest of the team beats us, so be it.

It would be nice if someone boxed him out, I could see him getting 20 rebounds.

It's not a must win. Even if they lose out, they have a pretty good shot of getting in. One more win puts us in 90%+ territory, and we will have two more chances. It's not a must win.

"A pretty good shot" at 17-15? LOL

Well if we don't win, we need to get at least 2 in the ACC Tournament and I don't know how promising that is with the way the bracket is looking. I think it's safe to call Ga Tech a must win. We aren't getting in at 17-15

Huh? It's a must win. We aren't getting in with 17 wins and an RPI of 80+.

Look at the bubble, it's awful. This team's record vs. the top 50, wins vs top 10 teams, and at-worst .500 record in the ACC go pretty far. Plus, even if 'Cuse loses out they'll be 6-6 in their last 12 in a stretch in which they faced FIVE top-10 teams.

So yeah, even if they lose out... Even if they end up 17-15... They'll still have a pretty good shot to get in. 50/50 territory.

Don't compare this year's team/resume to last year's or the bubble in the last 10 years. Compare it to THIS year's bubble. Right now the last team in according to Lunardi is TCU. If they win out to end the regular season, they'd be:

19-12
60th RPI
5-5 Last 10
2-10 vs. Top 50
Resume Wins: 84-77 vs. Iowa State (37th RPI), 80-71 vs. Illinois State (33rd RPI)

Our resume wins and record against the top 50 destroy theirs even at 17-15... We'd have three wins better than their best. So to say we aren't at least 50-50 against a resume like that seems kind of crazy to me. Plus, that's if we lose out and they win out.

Looking at the schedule, it makes me wonder how you think they can handle a conference tournament if 1 to 2 games per week is "too much" for them.
They can't handle a conference tournament. No post ever did I say they could. Win against G tech and one at the ACC tournament and get ready for the NCAA.

They can't handle a conference tournament. No post ever did I say they could. Win against G tech and one at the ACC tournament and get ready for the NCAA.

I dont care of we lose by 50 in the 2nd round, we win the next two, and I will be a happy camper.

They'd only get 1 day off for a 2nd game there, if that. Let me guess, you're satisfied just to make the NCAA tournament and maybe win 1 game, eh?

You may need to find a passtime a little less thrilling than college sports. Maybe some board games or something?

They'd only get 1 day off for a 2nd game there, if that. Let me guess, you're satisfied just to make the NCAA tournament and maybe win 1 game, eh?

You may need to find a passtime a little less thrilling than college sports. Maybe some board games or something?
After a season like this? Yeah, I'd be ecstatic.

After a season like this? Yeah, I'd be ecstatic.

Hey, Ive been taught to respect my elders so I won't make any geriatric jokes, or quote Teddy Roosevelt, or the opening to Wide World of Sports(where the guy falls on the ski jump). Feel free to return to watching Wheel of Fortune and the board games before the post season starts. I mean, it's not like this team hasnt beaten 3 top 10 teams of late, or anything. Not to mention, they aren't playing any other teams in their homes for the rest of the season. Fact of the matter, we've forced an entire conference to come to play a tournament in our "home".

Hey, Ive been taught to respect my elders so I won't make any geriatric jokes, or quote Teddy Roosevelt, or the opening to Wide World of Sports(where the guy falls on the ski jump). Feel free to return to watching Wheel of Fortune and the board games before the post season starts. I mean, it's not like this team hasnt beaten 3 top 10 teams of late, or anything. Not to mention, they aren't playing any other teams in their homes for the rest of the season. Fact of the matter, we've forced an entire conference to come to play a tournament in our "home".
So, your choice is to make 'old' jokes? If you're going to call our posters for their opinion, be prepared to be called out for your own.

So, your choice is to make 'old' jokes? If you're going to call our posters for their opinion, be prepared to be called out for your own.

Ok so maybe age wasnt the best choice for the sensitive. Would you prefer I made it a joke about females? Please, let me know the politically correct way of calling someone a wuss, who cant take too much excitement and is content on setting the bar low, and I will word it that way. That's simply all I meant, I feel you know that.

Not just that, read the rest of my post, which you conventiently ignored...but I'm not letting you get away with.

And let me do even better. How about last season? Were you happy with 1 NCAA win then?(heck, am I giving you too much credit for the bar that high? Was just getting in enough?). Popcorn

(an emoji smoking a cigar would be nice right about here)

Ok so maybe age wasnt the best choice for the sensitive. Would you prefer I made it a joke about females? Please, let me know the politically correct way of calling someone a wuss, who cant take too much excitement and is content on setting the bar low, and I will word it that way. That's simply all I meant, I feel you know that.

Not just that, read the rest of my post, which you conventiently ignored...but I'm not letting you get away with.

And let me do even better. How about last season? Were you happy with 1 NCAA win then?(heck, am I giving you too much credit for the bar that high? Was just getting in enough?). Popcorn

(an emoji smoking a cigar would be nice right about here)
I ignored nothing. And yes, last year I was happy with one NCAA win. And the next. And the next. And the next.

You asked if one would be satisfied just to make the tournament and maybe win one game. I answered.

Also, probably not a wise move to toss around insults and start name-calling.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom