Well, time to get ready for next Saturday. | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Well, time to get ready for next Saturday.

It's not a must win. Even if they lose out, they have a pretty good shot of getting in. One more win puts us in 90%+ territory, and we will have two more chances. It's not a must win.

It's a huge game, it has major implications... But it's not a must win.

Not sure how you can say that when, as of today, we are in the last 4 in category. We lose GT and go to 17-14, we are not a tourney team. Tourney teams can win on the road.

I think the 5 days off has to help a lot. This team could use a small break.

Weird end to the season with a week off between games. Bizarre. Do we sit there and practice and wonder and lose any rhythm we had? Or is it a benefit?

Not sure how you can say that when, as of today, we are in the last 4 in category. We lose GT and go to 17-14, we are not a tourney team. Tourney teams can win on the road.

First of all, I don't concede that we're currently in the last four in. We were a 10-seed in some brackets, which leaves 8-10 teams below us that are still in the tournament. Lunardi had a minimum of eight at-large teams behind us. Marquette lost to Providence, Michigan State beat Wisconsin and the rest pretty much went as-expected. So maybe one team jumped us, but that still leaves at least seven teams behind us. I think if we lose out we're either last four in or first four out, which is why I think it's about 50-50.

Next, I don't see much difference between beating Ga Tech and losing the first ACCT game and going L-W-L. So, if you think the GT win gets us in... So does L-W-L in my opinion. Thus, it's not a must win.

I'm not sure what you think winning at home against Georgia Tech has to do with our road record.

First of all, I don't concede that we're currently in the last four in. We were a 10-seed in some brackets, which leaves 8-10 teams below us that are still in the tournament. Lunardi had a minimum of eight at-large teams behind us. Marquette lost to Providence, Michigan State beat Wisconsin and the rest pretty much went as-expected. So maybe one team jumped us, but that still leaves at least seven teams behind us. I think if we lose out we're either last four in or first four out, which is why I think it's about 50-50.

Next, I don't see much difference between beating Ga Tech and losing the first ACCT game and going L-W-L. So, if you think the GT win gets us in... So does L-W-L in my opinion. Thus, it's not a must win.

I'm not sure what you think winning at home against Georgia Tech has to do with our road record.

I don't think GT helps our road situation. I like geography. Not sure how you can take lunardi seriously after he called UCLA a 4 seed. Seriously? Palm is less biased at CBS and has us as last 4 in. In Dayton. So , starting there, why wouldn't a home loss against a mediocre GT team toss us out?

I don't think GT helps our road situation. I like geography. Not sure how you can take lunardi seriously after he called UCLA a 4 seed. Seriously? Palm is less biased at CBS and has us as last 4 in. In Dayton. So , starting there, why wouldn't a home loss against a mediocre GT team toss us out?

I don't think Lunardi is biased toward or against us.

Why wouldn't a loss toss us out? Well, who is jumping us? Those teams have games left too. In his first four out, TCU plays Kansas State, one of them has to lose a key game... I think us losing that game would leave us squarely on the bubble and it could go either way and would be around 50-50.

There is a combination of people being pessimistic, people remembering some bubbles not going our way, and people comparing this team's resume to prior year's resumes instead of just across this bubble.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom