Well, we also got to see why Chino doesn't play | Syracusefan.com

Well, we also got to see why Chino doesn't play

Seriously, can Roberson slide over to center when Rak gets into foul trouble? Poor Chino is completely overmatched

yeah I'm guessing we'll see a small lineup at times w/ Tyler at the 5 and G/BJ as the forwards. yikes

Can we trade him for his high school teammate at Bishop Kearney, Thomas Bryant???

Haha the cat rescuer! A little Greg Davis like as well! Kid needs some time, like from now until 2017

FSU was decent inside tonight. Bojangles scored in the paint even when Christmas was in, so I don't know that I would judge Chino to harshly.

Also, I don't think what we saw tonight was an argument for why Chino shouldn't play, but rather an argument for why he should have been getting some minutes all along.

He's the third string center you can't expect him to come in and do a lot, but if he's at least comfortable on the court he should be able to come in give a few hard fouls and buy Christmas some minutes on the bench. It's not fair to look at him coming in and say "well he's no Christmas or no Keita". Both those guys were very good four year players. I would just like to see us use him to buy a few minutes of rest for Christmas. Now it seems that we'll have to force feed him that opportunity if McCullough is out for any period of time.

Chino will contribute here before his years are up, but he's just not ready right now. He's going to play some now, but I'm not expecting much. Did you see the shoulder check foul where he didn't even put his hands up?

Chino will contribute here before his years are up, but he's just not ready right now. He's going to play some now, but I'm not expecting much. Did you see the shoulder check foul where he didn't even put his hands up?

Yeah, but the point is he needs to be made to be ready. If McCullough is out for any extended length of time we will need Chino to eat some minutes in relief of Christmas and we'll need to play through his mistakes.

I don't know which radio guy it was, the dude on AM1260 I think, but he was talking about Coleman and said we shouldn't have bothered redshirting him because he'll be behind Bryant (if we get him) and Chino next season. He said Coleman is more raw than Chino :eek:

Yeah, but the point is he needs to be made to be ready. If McCullough is out for any extended length of time we will need Chino to eat some minutes in relief of Christmas and we'll need to play through his mistakes.
that happens in practice. Not in games. He isn't ready for d-1 baskletball and playing him in games now really won't do the trick. It is practice and a summer routine.

I don't know which radio guy it was, the dude on AM1260 I think, but he was talking about Coleman and said we shouldn't have bothered redshirting him because he'll be behind Bryant (if we get him) and Chino next season. He said Coleman is more raw than Chino :eek:

Mike Lindsley. And he's an idiot.

Chino will transfer, and Bryant will take his spot. Book it.

It looked like to me that he lost his balance when he wanted to move laterally and fell into the guy. Rubber legs maybe from sitting most of the game. I don't expect much either, but hopefully he can rebound and play some D.

Chino will transfer, and Bryant will take his spot. Book it.
This makes the most sense... Sure Chino is a great kid and I hope he can show something with the EXTREMELY unfortunate injury of CMac... But guys and girls, Chino is really over matched. I mean really really over matched. His footwork was all over the place, he doesn't have much skill, and I am still beyond astonished at how small he is height wise! I thought he was so much more tall before this season. Anyways, I hope he can show something with some more reps and preparation in practice but I dont see it with how over matched he is currently.

Why cant we just trade for one of the 14, 7 footers FSU has.

Im a big fan of a 7 footer in the middle of the zone, even if they can hardly walk. They are quite effective in there.

Why cant we just trade for one of the 14, 7 footers FSU has.

Im a big fan of a 7 footer in the middle of the zone, even if they can hardly walk. They are quite effective in there.

I don't know if it's at all possible to be any more wrong than you are...

What did you think of his conversation with "Gus"?

Ooh my god. What Bees said was true. He his show and his callers are Syracuse haters.

He just let him go on and on about attack of Boeheim

i'd say going forward we are going to have to get 5-8 solid minutes a game from chino.

Ooh my god. What Bees said was true. He his show and his callers are Syracuse haters.

He just let him go on and on about attack of Boeheim

He never explained what Boeheim was "lazy" about doing. And he was was never asked to.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom