Wendell Carter's mom is cuckoo for cocoa puffs | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Wendell Carter's mom is cuckoo for cocoa puffs

Different professions have a right to set the standards for potential employees. If the nba decides they want kids to go to school for 3 years that is their right.
I'm guessing that might not fly with the NBAPA. I know it's the baseball rule, but MLB has minor leagues. Baseball players can go that route. College basketball IS the NBA's minor league. I can see the NBA not wanting to wait for 3 years for a kid who blows up his freshman year. 2, possibly. 3 is doubtful.

It will be interesting to see if the requirement is challenged legally if it is in fact their right, because in reality going to school isn't what they are requiring.

What they are requiring is for players to be a particular age before they are eligible to play in the NBA. While age may theoretically correlate to readiness to play in the NBA in reality age doesn't determine how prepared someone is.
They can impose just about any restriction they want as long as it's part of the collective bargaining agreement between the owners and the Players' Association. The basketball and baseball draft eligibility rules are both specified in the respective agreements.

So where did the $39M go? The maffia (COR?), Michael C0hen? Ooops, now I remember .. it went back to the endowment or into a capital project. You understand NFP's, right, Capt.?
It's still profit. The OP that I was responding to said that it was money in, money out, dollar for dollar. It's clearly not.
Profit goes to reserves and for future projects.
Just because it's not paid out in dividends, doesn't mean its not profit.
define profit - Google Search