Were #15 | Syracusefan.com

Were #15

Phin#3

Walk On
Screenshot_20240329-162752_Chrome.jpg

I think we were at 15 before Bo McCormack. What is Bo’s ranking (can’t find one on any of the sites) and where would that put us? I mean if we can get in the top 15 or 10 of a recruiting class a lot of eyeballs will begin looking at us.

I think we were at 15 before Bo McCormack. What is Bo’s ranking (can’t find one on any of the sites) and where would that put us? I mean if we can get in the top 15 or 10 of a recruiting class a lot of eyeballs will begin looking at us.
We were #15 before Bo, but to be fair, they grade their classes on total points, so classes that have more players have a distinct advantage. For example, we're a spot ahead of Georgia, but UGA has 5 commits and 1 is a 5 star, so their average grade is significantly better.

That being said, we're light years ahead of where we've been in years past and it's pretty exciting considered that most of this class is built on Northeast prospects so far. Targeting the best in the Northeast to build the core of the class is a great strategy as long as you can execute it. Fran and his staff can, which is great to see.

We were #15 before Bo, but to be fair, they grade their classes on total points, so classes that have more players have a distinct advantage. For example, we're a spot ahead of Georgia, but UGA has 5 commits and 1 is a 5 star, so their average grade is significantly better.

That being said, we're light years ahead of where we've been in years past and it's pretty exciting considered that most of this class is built on Northeast prospects so far. Targeting the best in the Northeast to build the core of the class is a great strategy as long as you can execute it. Fran and his staff can, which is great to see.
A couple of our commits don't have a rating so that will change things too, right?

It appears to me that Fran and staff clearly has the ability to evaluate players. You can see that after they commit and are rated. I feel that if the staff feels two players are similar and one wants to commit and the other wants to wait to commit they are accepting the commitment regardless of rating. They are not going to slow roll comments for most players.

It appears to me that Fran and staff clearly has the ability to evaluate players. You can see that after they commit and are rated. I feel that if the staff feels two players are similar and one wants to commit and the other wants to wait to commit they are accepting the commitment regardless of rating. They are not going to slow roll comments for most players.
This tells me they are confident in their evaluations too. This staff has coaches from Georgia, Baylor, Texas A&M, etc. They know what they need to recruit to win at a high level, imo.

It's purely based on the number of kids we have committed right now.

It still means absolutely nothing in the grand scheme of things.

Bnoro, you rui….

Never mind.

I’d beg to differ tho.
It does mean something.

We’ve gotten a BIGLY number of early commits that is unprecedented for our programs history.

AND - it’s not a bunch of low-80’s (or worse) flyers that we hope are hardnosed or under the radar or hidden gems or whatever.

Lotta these dudes have some elite measurables -
Typically speed.

Even though our class ranking will surely fall as all the traditional powers fill out their classes, the fact that we are ranked here, now, is still hella impressive.
And to be celebrated.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom