We're about to See How Much Jim Boeheim Means to the Orange | Syracusefan.com

We're about to See How Much Jim Boeheim Means to the Orange

Col. Bleep

All American
If he can get more than 4 or 5 more wins out of this team, he'll really have accomplished something.
Maybe the best coaching job of his career...given the talent available

If he can get more than 4 or 5 more wins out of this team, he'll really have accomplished something.

So what were the past 40 years? The pre-season?

No real offense intended and it will be interesting.

But these games will add almost nothing to our understanding of what JB has done at SU.

It's hard for people who weren't around in the early 1970's to understand what SU basketball was then. In spite of the Final Four appearance under Danforth, SU wasn't even a regional power. It was a lightly-regarded program that might get on regional TV occasionally.

But these games will add almost nothing to our understanding of what JB has done at SU.

It's hard for people who weren't around in the early 1970's to understand what SU basketball was then. In spite of the Final Four appearance under Danforth, SU wasn't even a regional power. It was a lightly-regarded program that might get on regional TV occasionally.

Ha...I remember those days. The ECAC game of the week, when I believe the Bonnies were our top rival. And, of course, listening to Bucky Waters on color. :)

So you're saying if he leads this team to its first losing season of his 40 year coaching career, it might be his best coaching job ever.

You do realize him and the staff are also the ones responsible for the talent - or lack thereof - on the roster? Or are we going to borrow the liberal stance and point fingers at everyone else to deflect culpability?

So you're saying if he leads this team to its first losing season of his 40 year coaching career, it might be his best coaching job ever.

You do realize him and the staff are also the ones responsible for the talent - or lack thereof - on the roster? Or are we going to borrow the liberal stance and point fingers at everyone else to deflect culpability?

Your position on this is border line offensive.

A losing season this year says almost nothing about JB's tenure and to intimate it does is a cheap shot.

College basketball does have cycles. Miss on a few recruits, suffer some injuries, have guys go early to the NBA and you are all of a sudden in the trough of the cycle.

The weakness in your culpability argument is that JB doesn't have complete control over many of the variables.

Your position on this is border line offensive.

A losing season this year says almost nothing about JB's tenure and to intimate it does is a cheap shot.

College basketball does have cycles. Miss on a few recruits, suffer some injuries, have guys go early to the NBA and you are all of a sudden in the trough of the cycle.

The weakness in your culpability argument is that JB doesn't have complete control over many of the variables.
I wasn't talking about his tenure, I was simply saying there aren't too many redeeming factors about the current situation. And yes JB doesn't get 100% of the blame - that's why I said the entire staff should be accountable not just him.

Every program has a down year but we're talking 3+ years now.

It's amazing how the fortunes of the team and particularly the sentiment on this board have changed since the trip to Bahamas. It seemed like many thought this was the best shooting team in quite awhile. Now, if they win 3 or 4 games the rest of the season it will be a major accomplishment. Just wow. The truth lies in-between.

Ha...I remember those days. The ECAC game of the week, when I believe the Bonnies were our top rival. And, of course, listening to Bucky Waters on color. :)
I remember ECAC game of the week with Bucky Waters doing the play-by-play. That was when SU was just beginning to be ranked at the bottom rung of the top 25. And it seems like we always lost a heart-breaker to West Virginia.

Boeheim is great at game management. Aside from in-game adjustments, he knows when to call timeouts and calm his team down and draw up a play. We've had chances to win late in a few games. I'm excited to see what kind of game we can put together against a top ten team.

Boeheim is great at game management. Aside from in-game adjustments, he knows when to call timeouts and calm his team down and draw up a play. We've had chances to win late in a few games. I'm excited to see what kind of game we can put together against a top ten team.
I hope JB actually draws up a play, Hop didn't in 9 games

I remember ECAC game of the week with Bucky Waters doing the play-by-play. That was when SU was just beginning to be ranked at the bottom rung of the top 25. And it seems like we always lost a heart-breaker to West Virginia.
I think Bucky did color. Marv Albert did the PBP. Those were always HUGE games - SJU, WFVU, Rutgers :)eek: ), etc. So exciting in Manley.

Senior back court, every player on this team out of Chinoso is a top 100 recruit, most of them top 50, two MDAAs and we're 10-6 with multiple poor losses and this is the best coaching job of his career?

This team is talented, if you don't believe me look through the recruiting threads on each one of these players.

Senior back court, every player on this team out of Chinoso is a top 100 recruit, most of them top 50, two MDAAs and we're 10-6 with multiple poor losses and this is the best coaching job of his career?

This team is talented, if you don't believe me look through the recruiting threads on each one of these players.
Uh oh now you did it, don't you know you can't say things like that or people won't like you.

We've won 5 out of 6, and have numerous games ahead of us that are also winnable.

That we have a completely different post-season outlook now than what we had after the 9 game suspension 4-5 debacle speaks volumes about the head coach.

Incredible turnaround! I came a decade later and was fortunate that my first ever SU game was their win against Phi-Slamma-Jamma (runner up 1983 NCAA championship) at the dome. I've been hooked ever since.

janilus cipola wallace--look it up

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom