We're doomed... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

We're doomed...

I picked sparty over us, that game is house money, would probably be the biggest upset we ever had, maybe gmacs team that beat Uconn.

umm... Kansas 1996 and heck, 2003.

Uconn in 2006 BET would be another

umm... Kansas 1996 and heck, 2003.

Uconn in 2006 BET would be another

That Kansas team was LOADED, and had tremendous size with Lafrentz and Pollard, both of whom had lengthy NBA careers. They didn't shoot well, though. Didn't Haase go something like 0-10?

Of course, it helped that we had Wallace and Otis, who outplayed their counterparts...

In 2010, those same experts had Kansas winning the NC and this happened in the 2nd round.

Self does have one title but an awful lot of flameouts. Izzo's birthright is the sweet 16.

was there a more painful loss, short of the shot that will not be mentioned, than the sweet 16 game vs MSU where we stopped playing and just let them hit three after three?

was there a more painful loss, short of the shot that will not be mentioned, than the sweet 16 game vs MSU where we stopped playing and just let them hit three after three?

For me no, but I was in middle school in 1995.

I don't know why everyone is talking about Michigan State, a buddy of mine has a serious track record, we are talking three of four years in college and four or five times since, of having his national championship picks lose in the first round, Iowa St., Gonzaga, Duke, Kansas, Syracuse, and a few others that slip my mind. This year he has anointed Michigan State as his pick, so we are pretty much guaranteed to play Middle Tennessee State when we beat Dayton.

:)

I don't know what I strongly dislike more, ESPN or the Big 10. Tough call.

Also, MSU is the 1 seed in the Midwest for all intent and purposes. UVA's the 1 seed in title only. MSU has the easier path imo and gets to play in Chicago the 2nd weekend if they get by us or Dayton.

I don't know what I strongly dislike more, ESPN or the Big 10. Tough call.

Also, MSU is the 1 seed in the Midwest for all intent and purposes. UVA's the 1 seed in title only. MSU has the easier path imo and gets to play in Chicago the 2nd weekend if they get by us or Dayton.

They really should have swapped Michigan St. and Oregon

They really should have swapped Michigan St. and Oregon
yeah, I got no problem with UVA as a 1, but Oregon??

of course I have neither making it to the F4, but still...

IMO that is the second worst loss in an important game of the Boeheim era (Richmond the first). No adjustments, no changes, we just let them run the SAME DAMN PLAY OVER AND OVER with Mo Pete hitting open shot after open shot.

31 point swing in that game, from up 14 to losing by 17. I still have nightmares about that game.

That MSU game was reminiscent of the BET game that year against Georgetown when we just let Lee Scruggs catch the ball at the foul line and shoot an open free throw possession after possession in the second half.

IMO that is the second worst loss in an important game of the Boeheim era (Richmond the first). No adjustments, no changes, we just let them run the SAME DAMN PLAY OVER AND OVER with Mo Pete hitting open shot after open shot.

31 point swing in that game, from up 14 to losing by 17. I still have nightmares about that game.

That MSU game was reminiscent of the BET game that year against Georgetown when we just let Lee Scruggs catch the ball at the foul line and shoot an open free throw possession after possession in the second half.
Eh...Navy and URI are my personaL "faves"

Butler 2010 was worse.

In 2000 Michigan State was a 1 seed and favorite to win the NC. They ended up winning the whole thing.

We were up 5 at the under 4 timeout against Butler in 2010 and had the ball. We gagged that game away. We could have won the NC if we didn't blow that Butler game.

Kansas State was coming off a 2 OT game and Michigan State as a 5 seed in the Final 4. Before Duke.

I just remember being up ten at the half and Jason Hart cheerfully mopping up the court at one point. Turned into a kind of metaphor in reverse.

You want the good news or the bad news?

The good news is that you were probably not at both those games.

The bad news is that I was.

Sucked, Sucked and Double-sucked...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom