We're doomed... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

We're doomed...

I don't know why everyone is talking about Michigan State, a buddy of mine has a serious track record, we are talking three of four years in college and four or five times since, of having his national championship picks lose in the first round, Iowa St., Gonzaga, Duke, Kansas, Syracuse, and a few others that slip my mind. This year he has anointed Michigan State as his pick, so we are pretty much guaranteed to play Middle Tennessee State when we beat Dayton.

:)

Gold star for this post

Of ESPN's 31 "experts," 30 pick Michigan State to make the Final Four, and more than half of them pick the Spartans to win the NC. Not that I'm looking past Dayton, but our prospective 2nd Round opponent seems like it should be a #1 seed -- if not the highest # 1 seed.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bas.../espn-2016-final-four-national-champion-picks
Now MSU has gone night night, the bracket does look weak. Virginia is good, very good, but Championship Caliber? We will see.

IMO that is the second worst loss in an important game of the Boeheim era (Richmond the first). No adjustments, no changes, we just let them run the SAME DAMN PLAY OVER AND OVER with Mo Pete hitting open shot after open shot.

31 point swing in that game, from up 14 to losing by 17. I still have nightmares about that game.

That MSU game was reminiscent of the BET game that year against Georgetown when we just let Lee Scruggs catch the ball at the foul line and shoot an open free throw possession after possession in the second half.
The latter is one of two first round BET losses to GT (the other in 2010) that cost us opportunities to do some major damage in the big tournament.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom