We're one game out of first place in the ACC... | Syracusefan.com

We're one game out of first place in the ACC...

cto

Administrator
UNC still has UVA twice and Louisville + Duke. Stranger things have happened...

I was looking at that too. We need to beat Pitt and GT twice. But we if can beat Louisville at least once. And I think we have a good chance to beat Duke at home. Even if we don't win the conference, the double bye will really help our team with an extra day of rest.

I was looking at that too. We need to beat Pitt and GT twice. But we if can beat Louisville at least once. And I think we have a good chance to beat Duke at home. Even if we don't win the conference, the double bye will really help our team with an extra day of rest.

We need to take the three point line away from Duke. They beat UNC because they shot like 70% from three in the second half. That was their offense.

We need to take the three point line away from Duke. They beat UNC because they shot like 70% from three in the second half. That was their offense.
Yup, and we have been bad guarding the 3 this year. Luckily we should have good match ups inside and dominate the boards with Lydon, Robey, and Thompson. I like this match up for us, if we can be respectable against the 3 point line. Remember, UNC didn't have Isaiah Hicks last night, who is a glass cleaner. I don't think they lose with him in the game. Duke had to shoot it ridiculously to win that game.

It most definitely is a good situation to be in, if we could win GT (2x) and Pitt and pull off an upset we might get that double bye. If we fall back to earth a little bit and only beat Pitt and say split GT then we would likely have a first round game against the very bottom of the ACC (BC hopefully) which could be the game that determines whether we make the NCAA tourney or not. Either way we have put ourselves in a good situation going forward to make the tourney this year.

Tied for 4th, 6 games left. Lose all 6, end up 8-10 (16-15), NIT. Win one, 9-9 (17-14) in upper half of ACC possible NCAA with 2 wins in ACCT. Win 2, 10-8 (18-13) is that enough to ensure a bid. I mean Su could finish like 7th in ACC, so could they be left out. Win 3, 11-7 (19-14) and now begin to think about seeding and being in Buffalo or MSG bracket.

We are red hot. Nobody wants to play us. Nobody wants to play basketball in the dome right now. Not counting us out of ANY of the next 6. Go Orange.

We are red hot. Nobody wants to play us. Nobody wants to play basketball in the dome right now. Not counting us out of ANY of the next 6. Go Orange.
We are finishing with 20-21 wins, book it!

Tied for 4th, 6 games left. Lose all 6, end up 8-10 (16-15), NIT. Win one, 9-9 (17-14) in upper half of ACC possible NCAA with 2 wins in ACCT. Win 2, 10-8 (18-13) is that enough to ensure a bid. I mean Su could finish like 7th in ACC, so could they be left out. Win 3, 11-7 (19-14) and now begin to think about seeding and being in Buffalo or MSG bracket.
My crystal ball says they finish out 4-2. Then again, it's a pretty lousy crystal.

if the dopey ACC refs would start calling Allen for the push off with his left hand on almost every 3 point attempt, we'd have a punchers chance. I counted 5 times last night against UNC. Blatant.

Who would have thought it three weeks ago?

ACC Standings
TEAM CONF OVERALL
Florida State 9-3 21-4
North Carolina 9-3 21-5
Virginia 8-3 18-5
Syracuse 8-4 16-9
Louisville 7-4 19-5
Duke 7-4 19-5
Notre Dame 7-5 18-7
Miami 6-5 16-7
Virginia Tech 5-6 16-7
Georgia Tech 5-6 14-10
Wake Forest 5-7 14-10
Clemson 3-8 13-10
NC State 3-9 14-11
Pittsburgh 2-9 13-11
Boston College 2-10 9-16

Sorry, CTO. Not buying it. Doesn't matter what the standings say...

Boeheim is a problem. He has forgotten how to coach, cannot recruit, has lost the team, plays the wrong guys, plays the wrong defense, overworks his players and, quite frankly, needs to go.

There is no way that any team with that horrendous of a coach could possibly be in fourth place in the strongest league in all the land.

Please stop making stuff up...

We are either below BC or tucked in right above BC but below Pitt and we all know it...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom