West Virginia pols stepping up | Syracusefan.com

West Virginia pols stepping up

rrlbees

Have you donated to an SU NIL collective?
Staff member
Some Senator(s) in WV are having a press conference at 6 to discuss realignment. Fun fun.

This is what concerns me - politicians getting involved.

That is why I detest uncertainty and instability.

It is the vacuum that instability causes that always seems to be filled by politicians who know nothing but what they think is public sentiment.

The BE has failed to close its deal, whatever that is, and will likely now vanish, ushering in the sixteen team conferences and UConn and Rutgers to the ACC.

Or at least that's the result that concerns me. Don't want anything to do with UConn or Rutgers.

It is the vacuum that instability causes that always seems to be filled by politicians who know nothing but what they think is public sentiment.

The BE has failed to close its deal, whatever that is, and will likely now vanish, ushering in the sixteen team conferences and UConn and Rutgers to the ACC.

Or at least that's the result that concerns me. Don't want anything to do with UConn or Rutgers.

Of the two much prefer UConn as they actually excel in sports across the board...and they would help us get more ACC BB Championships up north.

Thamel was live tweeting.

Rockefeller: "“The Big 12 picked WVU on the strength of its program -- period. Now the media reports that political games may upend that. That’s just flat wrong. I am doing and will do whatever it takes to get us back to the merits.”

HaHa. Now there is chatter saying that it is Texas vs. Oklahoma as to whether it is WVU or Lville and this might get nasty enough that one or both could again think of leaving the B12 and everything would start over again.

Texas to the B10 and Okie to the PAC10. :D Wouldn't that be funny.

So now internet warfare has broken out between the State of West Virginia and the City of Louisville. The national media is picking sides and banging the drums. Now United States Senators have entered the fray and are calling each other out. All because the University of Louisville and West Virginia University are desperate to get the h$ll out of the Big East Comnference.

And yet John Marinatto still has a job.

Texas to the B10 and Okie to the PAC10. :D Wouldn't that be funny.
Anyone who would want to take Texas should reflect for a moment. Texas is the type of program that should be the flagship in its conference. Its presence and guidance should result in a stable, strong conference. The fact that the B12 is in such a mess should make one ponder what kind of member Texas would be in any other conference.

Thamel was live tweeting.

Rockefeller: "“The Big 12 picked WVU on the strength of its program -- period. Now the media reports that political games may upend that. That’s just flat wrong. I am doing and will do whatever it takes to get us back to the merits.”

Lets not forget 'Cuse was f..ked over by Virginia and even though told we were going to ACC did not in end get the invitation that went to VT....so booo hoooo. However, this whole thing just shows me that Louisville is like Pitino...SCUMBAG

Sure glad SU didn't tell Louisville about it's plans to go to the ACC.

So anyway ... since a male cardinal would be a c0ck ... did L'Ville just c0ck block the Mountaineers?

Of the two much prefer UConn as they actually excel in sports across the board...and they would help us get more ACC BB Championships up north.

Of the two I would prefer UConn, but I don't want either.

Nothing major will likely happen til next week when Missouri makes a decision. Oh by the way, Louisville travels to Morganpatch next weekend. That game may be played on the field and in the courtroom.

I prefer UCONN and West Virginia, if they are still available. But I think it will be UCONN and Rutgers. I can live with that. I'd still like a northern divison that's mostly former Big East teams. That would be like a merger and create a real rivalry with the other, (southern, old ACC) division.

I don't care what the politicians do, The ACC and Big Ten aren't expanding until they get an idea on what ND is going to do.

I'm a conservative and can tell you Mitchy Boy drives me crazy. I wouldn't trust that guy as far as I can throw him. (And with my bad knee, I shouldn't throw anyone.)

The two things I find most amusing is the allegation that the Louisville backers have taken that stance because of the "student athlete" and travel concerns...particularly by Texas Tech.

Yet Texas Tech now is concerned about the trip to Morgantown but apparently was not that concerned about the potential trip to Pullman, WA or Seattle if they ended up getting a spot at a PAC-16 table.

My bet is that this ends up with the Big 12 expanding to 12 in order to appease WVU and Louisville backers without a massive dog and pony show.

SUOrange44

Exactly, Mark. Unless UConn or Rutgers join the ACC, we're not getting an ACC basketball tourney in NY. SU, BC and Pitt aren't enough to put the ACC tourney in NY. We also need another school - UConn or Rutgers - to firm up the NY market. I think a lot of people are going to be disappointed when SU isn't available on TV.

Exactly, Mark. Unless UConn or Rutgers join the ACC, we're not getting an ACC basketball tourney in NY. SU, BC and Pitt aren't enough to put the ACC tourney in NY. We also need another school - UConn or Rutgers - to firm up the NY market. I think a lot of people are going to be disappointed when SU isn't available on TV.

Huh? Tons of ACC games are available on TV in downstate New York. Why would the move to the ACC mean SU won't be available?

Cheers,
Neil

Huh? Tons of ACC games are available on TV in downstate New York. Why would the move to the ACC mean SU won't be available?

Cheers,
Neil

I think cuseguy wants to lock down NYC as an ACC town...adding ND and UConn or Rutgirls would do it.

I bet they could get NYC for an ACC tourney whether it be MSG or the new place. We're talking basketball here and SU owns NYC in basketball. Duke, UNC? With or without UConn or rutgers, I bet it goes there at some point in the rotation.

I bet they could get NYC for an ACC tourney whether it be MSG or the new place. We're talking basketball here and SU owns NYC in basketball. Duke, UNC? With or without UConn or rutgers, I bet it goes there at some point in the rotation.

There is zero chance that the ACC passes up a chance to have Duke, UNC, and Syracuse in the Garden if at all possible. The powers that be would have to be moronic not to go that route. They would love to rub it in the nose of the Big East remnants if they could.

Rutgers doesn't even move the needle even a little bit and would be zero factor and Uconn would be a nice to have but they certainly aren't imperative. The ACC tourney in the Garden would be a resounding success. Can you imagine a semifinal Friday of Duke vs Syracuse, Pitt vs Carolina? That would blow the doors off that place.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom