West Virginia wants nothing to do with cuse | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

West Virginia wants nothing to do with cuse

Id much rather establish further bad blood with louisville
I like the idea of maintaining traditional rivalries but realize we're not really in a position to do that except with Pitt and BC.

WVU has balls their schedule this year has 11 BCS schools and the runner ups from D-1AA. If they get to a bowl their coach deserves an extension.
Alabama-in Atlanta
Towson
Maryland
@Texas
@Texas Tech
@Oklahoma State
@ Iowa State
Oklahoma
Kansas
Kansas State
TCU
Baylor

They don't fear us they just don't care enough about us to play. We aren't Pitt to them.

For the record, I think Holgorsen stays there after this year. WVU will be better than last year just due to Clint Trickett being in the system for a full year. Its tough to find wins on that schedule, though. WVU will beat Towson, Kansas and TCU. Possible additional wins are Maryland (who spanked WVU last year and will be better this year and at home), Texas Tech, Kansas St., and Iowa State. If they go to a bowl at 6-6, Holgorsen stays. If they win 4 games he's definitely out. Win 5 and its a close call, but probably gone.

As for the next coach, there is a decent chance that Rich Rodriguez comes back to WVU if Holgorsen goes. Don't be surprised. I wouldn't allow it if I were WVU just due to his actions when he left for Michigan (which I've detailed plenty in prior threads), but there are a lot of people here in West Virginia that would welcome him back.
Rich-Rod and dbag Schiano may end up back at their old schools after this year.
Rich-Rod is stuck behind UCLA, USC, and even Arizona State in his own division. Coming home a la Lebron could happen.

They care way more about playing Pitt than they do us. They see Pitt as a much bigger rivalry.
Are you actually suggesting we have a bigger rivalry with WVU than Pitt does? The backyard brawl is one of the best college football rivalries there is. We're rivals with them but not even close to Pitt.

They care way more about playing Pitt than they do us. They see Pitt as a much bigger rivalry.

I agree, as someone who attended WVU for two years on full scholarship, before transferring because I knew the degree wasn't going to be worth as much, Pitt is exponentially a bigger rivalry for WVU than we are to WVU. Students still chant Eat S*%$ Pitt at any and every gathering of 5 or more people followed by a rendition of Country Roads by John Denver. Old women who wouldn't, and barely even could, move for an entire basketball game would all the sudden stand and wake up with a renewed vigor just to scream the eat s^#@ chant and promptly sit down when it was over. It never mattered if it was Marshall, Norfolk State, or LSU, the eat chant would come alive at some point. Hell, I'd wear Syracuse stuff around on campus and rarely anyone took notice, except once when SU and WVU were playing. WVU is mostly made up of New York and New Jersey students now anyways so only the previous generations care. My dad's stories of playing away at WVU's old stadium will always make me laugh though.

I wouldn't trade my two years of an alcohol induced memory lapse, while still making Dean's List easily, for anything. A part of me will always love that university and that black hole of a city.

Last edited:
Are you actually suggesting we have a bigger rivalry with WVU than Pitt does? The backyard brawl is one of the best college football rivalries there is. We're rivals with them but not even close to Pitt.
I think you had a temporary case of dyslexia. I said just the opposite.

Yeah, I asked a WVU alum I know on facebook. He and his friends said it wasn't even that close. They hate Pitt.

That is true, followed by Va Tech, who they also hate. I'd say SU is a distant third.

Rich-Rod and dbag Schiano may end up back at their old schools after this year.
Rich-Rod is stuck behind UCLA, USC, and even Arizona State in his own division. Coming home a la Lebron could happen.

I actually predicted in a post last year, long before Petrino came back to Louisville, that all 3 would be back at their old schools. I still think it will. If that happens, I deserve mad props and will promptly play the lottery.

I agree, as someone who attended WVU for two years on full scholarship, before transferring because I knew the degree wasn't going to be worth as much, Pitt is exponentially a bigger rivalry for WVU than we are to WVU. Students still chant Eat S*%$ Pitt at any and every gathering of 5 or more people followed by a rendition of Country Roads by John Denver. Old women who wouldn't, and barely even could, move for an entire basketball game would all the sudden stand and wake up with a renewed vigor just to scream the eat s^#@ chant and promptly sit down when it was over. It never mattered if it was Marshall, Norfolk State, or LSU, the eat chant would come alive at some point. Hell, I'd wear Syracuse stuff around on campus and rarely anyone took notice, except once when SU and WVU were playing. WVU is mostly made up of New York and New Jersey students now anyways so only the previous generations care. My dad's stories of playing away at WVU's old stadium will always make me laugh though.

I wouldn't trade my two years of an alcohol induced memory lapse, while still making Dean's List easily, for anything. A part of me will always love that university and that black hole of a city.

I wear orange around Morgantown all the time. Hell, sometimes I even teach my labs in it. I actually see Cuse gear on the students pretty frequently, probably due to so many of the undergrads coming from NY and NJ.