We've heard this before | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

We've heard this before

Yeah, how'd the VPi game go that year? He trash talked Vick saying he was no McNabb and then they dropped 62 on us.

All I remember from that game is our first series. Nunes threw an out to Spotwood. The VT DB hit him so hard he knocked him about 8 yards backwards, and took the ball from him in the process.

I blacked out after that.

How is any of this Axe's fault?

I dont get the fascination with him. Dude is a good reporter and often the voice of the fan. Which is why he got fired in the first place.
I’m not sure how good a reporter Axe is. Frankly, he’s a bit of a dim bulb.

And a good reporter should be something more than the voice of the fan. As a fan, I have no problem saying that’s a pretty low bar.

However, any journalist covering this team, or a team like this one, would have reported that tweet.

How is any of this Axe's fault?

I dont get the fascination with him. Dude is a good reporter and often the voice of the fan. Which is why he got fired in the first place.

He's been doing this segment for awhile. I'm not sure if he selects the headline, but if I were him that's probably the tweet I would have picked. So yeah, I think it's misguided to blame him for it.

That said, I don't consider him a reporter. I know he's in the room asking questions, but more of a column guy.

I'm old enough to remember when there was a difference.

All I remember from that game is our first series. Nunes threw an out to Spotwood. The VT DB hit him so hard he knocked him about 8 yards backwards, and took the ball from him in the process.

I remember two things. The play you mentioned and one where Vick kept the ball on an option and juked, I think it was Bullock, out of his shoes. That was a beating, and it felt like it could've been worse if Virginia Tech wanted it to be.

“F” Axe.
I honestly think Brent Axe is a poor human, excuse me but sorry. I think he should be removed. Whether you love Dino or not, I do not know how he is even courteous with this man. I honestly think he is plain evil. He waits to pounce and is classless.

I’m not sure how good a reporter Axe is. Frankly, he’s a bit of a dim bulb.

And a good reporter should be something more than the voice of the fan. As a fan, I have no problem saying that’s a pretty low bar.

However, any journalist covering this team, or a team like this one, would have reported that tweet.
the good ones move on. axe has not, in fact his scope of work in this area continues to decrease

there was a short side option on a 3rd and 8 where i was thinking they're terrified to try anything and i didn't blame them

will allen and pat woodcock had 183 yards combined on seven kickoff returns