We've yet to have a QB throw for a TD in conference play | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

We've yet to have a QB throw for a TD in conference play

That is just an absurd stat. It's been almost 2 months. That was in September. It was the first day of Fall. If they somehow don't get one against Pitt and BC, too, that will be the most incredible (and incredibly sad) stat I've seen in some time, especially if we grab a win and a bowl berth.

It's amazing that a screen pass or something didn't pop. I think that is really an indictment on Hunt and the WR's, though I'm not sure who shoulders more blame.
I also think this stat speaks to why the offensive staff picked Allen to start the year.

As much as I like Hunt and hope that he succeeds, his performance has me hoping that Kimble or Wilson can win the spot next year.

It's amazing that a screen pass or something didn't pop.
That's what I'm saying. At a certain point you just would at least count on something weird happening that makes one possible.

Not directed ta you at all UD but I love all the BC praise for losing by 21, sure it's better than getting clocked but lets see how the ACTUAL game versus BC plays out before we anoint them the superior program with the superior HC. What. They have had some What moments this year too.

Addazio was legendary at Florida for being in charge of the pregame motivation. Players said he always had a different idea each game, and they had never had a coach fire them up that much before games.

I'm sure BC is getting that benefit now and certainly had it for that home game against FSU. It was one game where FSU came out flat. FSU still ended up with 48 points, held BC under 400 yards, and built up a 3 TD lead early in the 4th quarter.

Can you summarize the play? Was at the bball game so I missed the second half.
Allen had a throw to Moore on a TE corner route that wasnt the easiest catch but should have been caught.

Allen had a throw to Moore on a TE corner route that wasnt the easiest catch but should have been caught.

Thats Moore's second dropped TD this year, he really needs to catch the ball.

Not directed ta you at all UD but I love all the BC praise for losing by 21, sure it's better than getting clocked but lets see how the ACTUAL game versus BC plays out before we anoint them the superior program with the superior HC. What. They have had some What moments this year too.

They got spanked by a so-so at best UNC team and were blown out by the Kiffen USC, but everyone seems to have amnesia about that. Probably because they didn't actually watch the games and are just looking at a final score. Still 34-10 and 35-7 aren't exactly competitive games. Not to mention 3 of their wins effectively came against 1AA's, Villanova a true 1AA and Army and New Mexico State 2 of the 5 worst 1A programs.

You're right. No question. I'm just sayin'. The body of work is suspect at best.
Buddy there are a lot of teams in same boat that make bowl games... Rewarding for players and coaches and diehards like me that believe all season long.. That's the beauty of a bowl game extends the season

Just wait to KJ, Corey, and hopefully Ishmael come on in. As probably mentioned before it is hard to throw to those guys out there

Wow. Crazy. Could continue as well. I wonder how rare that would be. This is not a bowl caliber team even if we are eligible for one. Any good team has embarrassed SU and the wins were against poor teams or ones with glaring injuries.

Don't ,kyou think that's true for most .500 bowl bound teams?

There's been a lot of THunt bashing on our board - and a fair amount of it has been warranted. But:

1. He's 5-3 as a starter.
2. He's accounted for 11 TD's (7 in the air against bad comp, 4 on the ground)
3. Drew has 9 INT compared to THunt's 7 in about 1/10th the playing time
4. His completion percentage has been 50% or higher in 7 games, higher than 60% in 4 games

He's not winning us games - but outside of GT, he's not losing us games either. If he can improve on his passing #'s in the offseason (better WR's on the way) - he'll have a chance to be the starter next season too. To be clear - I like the kid, but I'd be just as happy if one of our other QB's become dynamic and takes the job and doesn't look back. But if he can take some steps forward (ala Nassib), we can win with him IMO.

Don't ,kyou think that's true for most .500 bowl bound teams?

For sure. It's more of a flaw of this laughable bowl system, especially the low tier ones far down the trough. I get the the extra practice time and season for everyone. I'm just saying that I won't be jumping up and down with joy if and when a bad team gets a bowl invite.

There's been a lot of THunt bashing on our board - and a fair amount of it has been warranted. But:

1. He's 5-3 as a starter.
2. He's accounted for 11 TD's (7 in the air against bad comp, 4 on the ground)
3. Drew has 9 INT compared to THunt's 7 in about 1/10th the playing time
4. His completion percentage has been 50% or higher in 7 games, higher than 60% in 4 games

He's not winning us games - but outside of GT, he's not losing us games either. If he can improve on his passing #'s in the offseason (better WR's on the way) - he'll have a chance to be the starter next season too. To be clear - I like the kid, but I'd be just as happy if one of our other QB's become dynamic and takes the job and doesn't look back. But if he can take some steps forward (ala Nassib), we can win with him IMO.
No doubt he's been at least good enough to have a winning record. That counts.

The thing with Hunt right now though is that the ceiling is pretty low (keep in mind the qualifier right now - obviously he can get better, but I don't think we see it this season). We have one way to win, and that's to have a defense that basically pitches a shutout coupled with an offense that does just enough. That's not a long term recipe for a success. Thankfully, we need one more win to make a bowl and we're playing two limited teams to close out the season, so it might work well enough in the short term to get us to bowl eligibility.

I'm not very optimistic about Hunt's prospects next season, because I don't think he can do much of what McDonald wants out of a QB. There's a reason why we're bringing in 4 of them over two classes.

If we have Hunt for 2 more years, does that mean we are not allowed to expect deep throws against FSU for the next 2 years?

If we have Hunt for 2 more years, does that mean we are not allowed to expect deep throws against FSU for the next 2 years?
that's the least of our worries