What’s the move if we lose today? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

What’s the move if we lose today?

I find these posts funny. Who’s “everyone”? You? The people on this board?

Listen, here’s the deal. Dino is not a good coach. The program is not headed in a positive direction. We’re stuck in complete mediocrity and irrelevance. For every poster, I know ten who don’t post here who would agree.

Most college football fans don’t know Syracuse exists. It’s sad really, but it’s the truth. This notion that somehow 6-0 was good for the program is now rendered untrue because of the complete ineptitude that SU showed down the stretch. Do you think anyone outside of the board knows or cares about injuries we’ve faced? No.

Do you really think going 6-0 all the way to the Wasabi Bowl has helped this program or that we’re somehow improved? In fact, more likely, the brand has been damaged and recruiting has lost any and all momentum it ever had, which wasn’t much.

Without better coaching or better players and something to “show” for efforts, we’re never getting out of the hole we’re in. A complete collapse in last six games of the season is just not getting it done, no l matter how “happy” you are. Any reasonable sports fan not wearing Orange glasses knows this.
Personally as an alumni I could care less what anyone else thinks about SU. I support the university and the programs. That is what alumni should do. If you are worried about perception you should become an Alabama fan. I will continue to be a fan of SU in both the good and frustrating years.

Personally as an alumni I could care less what anyone else thinks about SU. I support the university and the programs. That is what alumni should do. If you are worried about perception you should become an Alabama fan. I will continue to be a fan of SU in both the good and frustrating years.
Perception is reality.

Don’t worry, I know the book on you. Clownishness is the perpetual Pollyanna.
Boo hoo syracuse Football isn’t good enough for me and my $125 season tickets.

the brand has been damaged! and You’re putting this in Dino?

Don’t worry, I know the book on you. Clownishness is the perpetual Pollyanna.
Someone who just joined suddenly becomes an expert.
Go back to wherever you came from.

Dino got another year because he made a bowl game, I wanted him fired last year, at the beginning of this season I said he would win 4 games, he won at least 6 potential for 8, nobody would say he deserves to be fired if we go 8-5 or 7-6. I also would say next year the schedule seems easier, needs to be another bowl season or he should be fired.

Someone who just joined suddenly becomes an expert.
Go back to wherever you came from.
Well, since I’ve been reading this board since it’s inception, I actually have very good perspective. Never mind, I wasn’t suggesting anyone not support the team, but rather, to see things as they are.

Boo hoo syracuse Football isn’t good enough for me and my $125 season tickets.

the brand has been damaged! and You’re putting this in Dino?
Is Dino the answer?

What’s the move if we win?

Delete this thread and somehow erase from our memories?
Suck it up one more year. That’s the only answer. But do you think it gets better?

Suck it up one more year. That’s the only answer. But do you think it gets better?

I don’t know but I’d rather wait until we lost to talk about what happens if we lose.

I don’t really care what we do. I don’t think there’s a magical coach that gives everyone what they want when it comes to SU football.

I don’t know but I’d rather wait until we lost to talk about what happens if we lose.

I don’t really care what we do. I don’t think there’s a magical coach that gives everyone what they want when it comes to SU football.
Fair and true.

Nothing will change other than the levels of the blown bid.

If they finished 6-7 I think the AD would seriously consider firing Dino

If that has to happen, I would really like to keep nearly all the rest of the staff, and promote them. I think you have to make Anae HC just out of deference to his age & experience. Tony White becomes Associate HC and Beck becomes the OC. Maybe look at a new OL coach. Keep the special teams coach, DL coach, Swag Daddy.

Can we let Boeheim coach the football team next year and Babers football?

Can't get any worse and then we don't need to hear about our apparently broke university whining about buyouts?

Hopefully we don’t, but what if we do? 6-0 to 6-6 would only have been accomplished twice before in NCAA history. What does the AD do at that point? 6-6 most likely leads to 6-7. Is the hand forced at that point?
There are no moves. Neither Babers nor Boeheim will be fired this year. JB will never be fired. Babers won’t be fired when there’s a substantial buyout involved.

Two losses into this skid, I called it that this team won't win another game. Dino is not a good coach. He's had seven years to prove otherwise, and he hasn't. Who on here honestly thinks he's going to magically turn the program around next year? Based on what evidence? Blow it up, unless the school and the fans are content with having a worse than mediocre, bottom of the standings program year in and year out.

There are no moves. Neither Babers nor Boeheim will be fired this year. JB will never be fired. Babers won’t be fired when there’s a substantial buyout involved.
`yep. Ain’t happening

Two losses into this skid, I called it that this team won't win another game. Dino is not a good coach. He's had seven years to prove otherwise, and he hasn't. Who on here honestly thinks he's going to magically turn the program around next year? Based on what evidence? Blow it up, unless the school and the fans are content with having a worse than mediocre, bottom of the standings program year in and year out.
Good call

People want the perennial top 25 Cuse but those days are gone. Lets just work on consistently getting 7 or 8 wins each year. That would be a pretty good accomplishment in a conference where most of the teams have better athletes than you.

People want the perennial top 25 Cuse but those days are gone. Lets just work on consistently getting 7 or 8 wins each year. That would be a pretty good accomplishment in a conference where most of the teams have better athletes than you.
I want 7-8 wins.

I do recognize when you start 6-0 it becomes a conversation of a special season which we deserve as well. The Clemson loss was such a gut punch that we became disenchanted by how things spiraled

Dino isn’t a good manager in game, and theres issues w strength and conditioning. It may be a function of the conference we are in and recruiting is the only fix

Nothing is in a vacuum. I think wildhack has to figure out the direction w Dino moving into lame duck ville contractually

The reality is 1-10 to 5-7 to 7-5. Slow but steady progress the past 3 seasons.
Another way to look at it. 10-3, 5-7, 5-7, 8?-5. The Covid year probably shouldn’t have been played.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom