What’s the story behind Syracuse and those uniform color clashes on the road? | Syracusefan.com

What’s the story behind Syracuse and those uniform color clashes on the road?

I like color. if the schools can use contrasting colors, its more interesting that color vs. white.

I thought it was interesting that Duke was white on the road vs. Louisville.

While it looked like someone puked on my screen, I had no issue differentiating Cuse from VA Tech.

The article confirms what I suspected all along. VA Tech didn't notify the Cuse equipment manager of their jersey choice. For shame ...

While it looked like someone puked on my screen, I had no issue differentiating Cuse from VA Tech.

The article confirms what I suspected all along. VA Tech didn't notify the Cuse equipment manager of their jersey choice. For shame ...

Or the manager "claimed" that Virginia Tech didn't notify him. I have my doubts on that claim.

But he also knows this is just an interest story and not an investigation, so its not like the writer will investigate it any further.

Don’t you think the idea of one team being in white is tied to the old world of black and white television?

I hear we are calling for an "Orange Out" for the Duke game so we will likely be wearing our away Orange uniforms. Duke will likely wear their normal dark Blue road uniforms or they may go White.

Don’t you think the idea of one team being in white is tied to the old world of black and white television?

Having both teams wear contrasting colored jerseys used to be common:

This is what people on black and white TVs saw, (note the Sugar Bowl between Oklahoma, in red and Kentucky in blue at 3:45)

But when is the last time you had a black and white TV set?

Or the manager "claimed" that Virginia Tech didn't notify him. I have my doubts on that claim.

But he also knows this is just an interest story and not an investigation, so its not like the writer will investigate it any further.

This might go all the way to the top

1982: I had a stack of Sports Illustrateds I went through and noticed how similar the North Carolina and Georgetown home uniforms looked:

1550105137320.png
1550105158299.png

...and I think that's why Fred Brown passed the ball to James Worthy. He caught a glimpse of the uniform and his brain said "teammate" even though Georgetown was wearing colored uniforms and North Carolina was in white for that game:

Last edited:
I hear we are calling for an "Orange Out" for the Duke game so we will likely be wearing our away Orange uniforms. Duke will likely wear their normal dark Blue road uniforms or they may go White.

Orange Script Unis????

1982: I had a stack of Sports Illustrateds I went through and noticed how similar the North Carolina and Georgetown home uniforms looked:

View attachment 153288 View attachment 153289

...and I think that's why Fred brown passed the ball to James Worthy. He caught a glimpse of the uniform and his brain said "teammate" even thought Gerigettown was wearing colored uniforms and North carolina was in white for that game:

Well, maybe.

But there are many who know Freddy from his post Georgetown exploits in DC and feel he is as dumb as a box of rocks.